Smackdown Spoilers 15/03

d-d-d-dAz

I said in another thread recently that Henry/Ryback wouldn't be good for Ryback at Mania, because he'd be Goldberg'd out the building by a crowd that saw the inherent genius of Menry. I suggested they stick Ryback in the 6 man with The Shield and, ultimately, turn him heel and have him murder Sheamus. And/or Orton. He's dead in the water as a face and a big statement turn might actually save the character.

I also suggested that they should feed Show to Menry at Mania in a ritual slaughter that ended with Meny shouting 'THAT'S WHAT I DO! NOW IM GONNA GET ME SOME GOLD...AND SPLIT SOME WIGS.'

Then I'd have Henry feud with Cena, with heel Ryback waiting in the wings for Cena too.

I might not have been that far off;

Josh Mathews, Michael Cole and Brad Maddox are on commentary.

* Sheamus & Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow. Sandow ate a Brogue Kick, Rhodes hit an RKO to take the pin. After the match, The Shield challenged Orton and Sheamus to find a partner for a six man at WrestleMania. Orton and Sheamus accepted.

* The Miz defeats Darren Young via submission with the figure four. Wade Barrett was on commentary.

* Backstage, Big Show wanted to be the tag partner against The Shield. Orton & Sheamus said they already picked somebody - Ryback.

* Layla & Kaitlyn defeat Tamina Snuka & Aksana. Sloppy match. Kaitlyn hit Aksana with a GORE, but Layla snuck a tag in and pinned Aksana with a crossbody. Turn coming.

* Backstage, the Bellas beat up Naomi and Cameron. Bellas made fun of the "dancing dinosaur and his fat friend who thinks he is Japanese."

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Kane with the Zig Zag. Daniel Bryan and Big E brawled at ringside towards the end. This distracted Kane leading towards the finish. Big E tossed Bryan over the timekeeper wall. After the match, Ziggler taunted Kane until Kane grabbed Ziggler's throat for a chokeslam. Big E saved Ziggler, then hit his finish on Kane.

* Another Ricardo/ADR spoof on Colter aired. This one was about Canadians. It was pretty funny.

* Fandango vs Great Khali never happened. Fandango came out, calling Khali "stretch." He wanted Khali to pronounce his name. Khali tried. Fandango was sickened by Khali's attempt. No match.

* Backstage, Booker made The Shield vs. Sheamus, Ryback & Orton official. The Shield then attacked Orton and Sheamus and left them laying.

* Mark Henry vs The Ryback never happened. 10 seconds after the bell rang, The Shield attacked Ryback. Ryback initially cleared the ring and faced back off with Henry, but the Shield got the better of Ryback on attempt #2. The Shield left Ryback laying with a trio powerbomb. After Shield left, Henry came back in and gave Ryback a World's Strongest Slam. And then another. And then another. Henry welcomed Ryback to the Hall of Pain.

* Jack Swagger pinned Chris Jericho. This was a good, long match with a lot of back and forth trading nearfalls at the end. Swagger won with his gutwrench powerbomb. Swagger and Zeb posed to close the show.

Of course, this could be an entirely inconsequential swerve.

I hope not.

Ryback would look a wally turning down the chance to kill the three people who've cost him so much, just to get his hands on Menry.

I would have been happy too, Gladders.

We're simple men, with simple pleasures.

But, the net result of this looks likely to be Ryback looking a wally, first, and murdering Henry second. I don't want that.

Still thinking this is a false lead and that it will ultimately be show in the 6 man tag. Henry Ryback is guaranteed to be a big wrestlemania moment match especially if Ryback can hit his finisher. Having Ryback against the sheild yet again makes little sense to me. Its been done before, he's been pinned clean. He's yet to have a really solid 1 on 1 rivalry and what better place thean Mania to let that match take place.

• Paid Members
I would have been happy too, Gladders.

We're simple men, with simple pleasures.

But, the net result of this looks likely to be Ryback looking a wally, first, and murdering Henry second. I don't want that.

No. But I'm keeping the faith that common sense will prevail. Henry's been too awesome since his return to have him lose to shitty Ryberg.

I WOULD accept Henry losing if he is allowed to World's Strongest Slam him 14 times in a row after the match and then, when he's being wheeled out on the stretcher, reappears and does it to him 4 more times.

Thing is, after a set of results like that, you know that the next time they meet Ryback is going to murder Henry. He just is.

I think I'd rather that happened on a Raw, with Show/Henry hastily set up so Henry can look strong at Mania, than my lasting memory of Mania being Henry skulking off to the back whilst Ryback does his silly 'FEED ME MORE' thing. Bleurgh.

Fuck off you bunch of cunts, Ryback is still awesome. I don't want to see him vs Menry full stop because it would mean one of them would have to lose. Somebody suggested MenBack (shit, I know) teaming up against The Sheild, which would be excellent.

• Paid Members
Somebody suggested MenBack (shit, I know) teaming up against The Sheild, which would be excellent.

That would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Plus I absolutely don't want Menry teaming with Rycack.

Archived