DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm a massive old movie fan and I didn't care much for On the Waterfront either, can't take Brando's wierd voice or face seriously. He looks like he was made out of clay.

Yeah, I got a cheap Marlon Brando DVD boxset from the car-boot sale recently and I'm finding this too. Looks well odd. Something is well off with that man.

• Paid Members

Chappie – It’s more than Johnny 5 meets a Michael Bay version of Robocop by way of A.I....barely.

It’s fun, very loud and ballsy and I’d give it a 7. Not quite as good as I’d hoped, but you can tell it was a flick Blomkamp had to make after his own personal disappointment at Elysium.

There’s not much really to say. It is what it is and I enjoyed the flick. Instantly forgettable but would give it another watch.

• Paid Members

Just watched Fast Times at Ridgmont High out of Saturday boredom. Sean Penn plays the most insufferable teenage prick ever. I was gutted his character didn't die at the end. Pheobe Cates though.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Just watched Fast Times at Ridgmont High out of Saturday boredom. Sean Penn plays the most insufferable teenage prick ever. I was gutted his character didn't die at the end. Pheobe Cates though.

Pheobe Cates though.

• Paid Members

I really liked it, it's been a few years though. Maybe you expected too much? I find that happens sometimes when I watch a hyped up old classic. I agree on the soundtrack being great.

Apparently it was very common for rental copies to be worn out from rewinding and pausing at the point where Phoebe Cates undoes her bikini top.

• Paid Members

I really liked it, it's been a few years though. Maybe you expected too much? I find that happens sometimes when I watch a hyped up old classic. I agree on the soundtrack being great.

Apparently it was very common for rental copies to be worn out from rewinding and pausing at the point where Phoebe Cates undoes her bikini top.

Nah, I heard it was ok, but never knew much about it, I can see it was the blueprint for a lot of movies that came along after it. But it's never been overhyped for me.

Just like his character in Casualties of War. What a cunt.