• Paid Members
Has anyone seen Impact yet? Watch the Bully Ray interview. He's cutting a promo on Brooke Tessmacher and then all of a sudden (as the promo turns serious) TNA pipe in some scary music over the top. How shit is this? He was just talking away and then "whaaa-whaaa-whaaa-woooooooo" like the music when Vigo comes out of the painting on Ghostbusters II. I remember WWE used to play background music during long solo promos on Smackdown (like Kane sitting down and the fans in the arena can hear it), but this shit? Its a confrontation between two people set to a soundtrack. Utter shit. Not as bad as the time when time slowed down and Jeff Hardy began narrating life as it happened, but still bad. I mean, TVs are taped in advance these days. They got weeks to make these shows look good in post production.

Mid interview? That sounds awful what next they dim the lights and borash runs in to hold a flash light under his face

• Paid Members

Yeah, I saw that too. I hated it when WWE did it with Kane, and this was even worse. Seems like they're re-packaging Bully Ray as some religious-themed villain, which just doesn't it right at all, especially with that stupid hoodie on.

Rest of Impact wasn't the worst I've seen; I'm rather enjoying the Storm/Gunner feud and Eric Young's bringing Abyss out of Joseph Park, especially as Bad Influence have done such a sterling job as heels. Jeff Hardy's quit promo was surprisingly good, I thought, and I always enjoy seeing the Bro-Mans, especially now they've got Ion as their DJ/spokesman. EC3's a very watchable villain, too - talking about being a "1%-er" and all that. Spud, well - hearing he's going to be on TV more frequently is what got me tuning back in again. I'm glad Aries got the X-belt back last week, but it seems like such a step down when you consider he should be in the main event scene.

Was cool to see Madison Rayne back last week, but the KO feud's a bit lacklustre - wasn't really up for ODB vs. Lei'D Tapa. Also, I'm surprised they let Tapa use the same finisher as ODB. The Sabin/Velvet storyline's OK, but where can it really go? Angle/Roode is suffering from over-exposure a little, I think.

Did anyone feel that the Dixie Carter promo at the start of this weeks impact reflect the real life situation that Dixie Carter has no real control over her own company herself? Was rather funny seeing her being constantly interrupted. Spud plays the suck up lackey to a tee. Loving mr 1%er EC3.

Yeah, I saw that too. I hated it when WWE did it with Kane, and this was even worse. Seems like they're re-packaging Bully Ray as some religious-themed villain, which just doesn't it right at all, especially with that stupid hoodie on.

Rest of Impact wasn't the worst I've seen; I'm rather enjoying the Storm/Gunner feud and Eric Young's bringing Abyss out of Joseph Park, especially as Bad Influence have done such a sterling job as heels. Jeff Hardy's quit promo was surprisingly good, I thought, and I always enjoy seeing the Bro-Mans, especially now they've got Ion as their DJ/spokesman. EC3's a very watchable villain, too - talking about being a "1%-er" and all that. Spud, well - hearing he's going to be on TV more frequently is what got me tuning back in again. I'm glad Aries got the X-belt back last week, but it seems like such a step down when you consider he should be in the main event scene.

Was cool to see Madison Rayne back last week, but the KO feud's a bit lacklustre - wasn't really up for ODB vs. Lei'D Tapa. Also, I'm surprised they let Tapa use the same finisher as ODB. The Sabin/Velvet storyline's OK, but where can it really go? Angle/Roode is suffering from over-exposure a little, I think.

I wont spoil anything in this post, but something got ruined for me by wikipedia. Was just browsing through and its got results changed from stuff that happens next year? Surely thats not on is it?

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Chris Sabin must win the X Division belt back from Aries in the new year.

Frustrating cause I enjoy watching Impact without reading a head, ah well. I properly love ECIII though.

Edited by Cobra1000

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Chris Sabin must win the X Division belt back from Aries in the new year.

Frustrating cause I enjoy watching Impact without reading a head, ah well. I properly love ECIII though.

Happens as early as next week if I remember correctly

I excitedly got the first 2 PPVs from a tape trader in 2002.

It's amazing to think the same organisation is still operational all these years later. Somewhere between then and now I read that if you turned up with your gear you'd get a match. Shocking. Wrasslin.

• Moderators

Yeah but Jackie Fargo kicked off the show so it's 10/10.

No wonder people said it wouldn't last six months though. The Jarrett's expected 50000 buys for this show. 50,000! Obscene. I mean you've got Ed Ferrara who is the most unlikable man ever, the first segment was the three top stars saying the big main event for the first show is a fucking daft idea, and Hermie Sandler. Really, as crap as TNA mostly is now, this show really puts shit wrestling into perspective.

Still hope this gets buku viewing figures and challenge decide to show them regular though.

• Paid Members

Most of the weekly PPVs popped up on youtube recently. As someone said earlier, its probably worth watching every episode just to go "when did that happen?" There's a fine storyline which involved Erik Watts as TNA's version of the Rock. He's walking around shagging Goldilocks, wearing his suits. They built it as "Eric is coming to TNA" and Tenay and Don West were going "but he's the Raw General Manager? Why is he showing up here?" and then Erik Watts shows up. Just typical nutty stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...ly+ppv&sm=3

• Paid Members
Yeah but Jackie Fargo kicked off the show so it's 10/10.

No wonder people said it wouldn't last six months though. The Jarrett's expected 50000 buys for this show. 50,000! Obscene. I mean you've got Ed Ferrara who is the most unlikable man ever, the first segment was the three top stars saying the big main event for the first show is a fucking daft idea, and Hermie Sandler. Really, as crap as TNA mostly is now, this show really puts shit wrestling into perspective.

Still hope this gets buku viewing figures and challenge decide to show them regular though.

I'm watching this now actually. I love the Flying Elvises. Awesome gimmick. The rest is absolutely fucking dire, how the Johnson's got on air is stunning.