Have TNA laid off the entire creative department or are they just allowed to phone it in. This is what they've come up with for the big show of the year. including matches announced on this and next week's TV:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The world champ against a tournament winner. (The storyline is about the tournament winner and the owner, rather than any rivalry with the champ.)

Magnus vs Sting in a match with an actual story.

Angle vs Roode in what's effectively returning Angle vs the only spare heel

All the tag teams in a match with the winner facing the champs.

All the women in a match.

All the X Division guys in a match.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

And that's after having four months since the last proper PPV to build to this show.

I don't think it can be a lack of skill or creativity (at least compared to the WWE counterparts as its essentially all ex WWE staffers). I think it might be a lack of ownership or uncertainty over ownership. Perhaps no-one knows their role is (to coin a phrase) hence it's all a big mess.

• Paid Members

I think the most important news coming out of last night was the embarrassing attendance they had. Its an accomplishment to draw that few people for a TV taping if you think about it. Probably the hottest crowd they had out of all the tapings as well. So at least they enjoyed themselves.

BWQekN1CYAA3F3v.jpg

As far as Impact itself, the Daniels, Kazarian, Roode and Angle stuff was brilliant. Really funny.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Is it too late to find a way to chuck Spud vs Abyss onto this? Their super Black Hole Slam bit would go down well on a big show like this.

That would be ace, we could all pretend it was 2006 again. Which would be fitting, since TNA sure as hell wish it was 2006 again.

• Paid Members

I know not to read too much into the spoilers for next week but

The main event segment was the contract signing for Bully Ray vs. A.J. Styles. Styles refused to sign, saying he would sign the contract after he beats Bully.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

what???

• Paid Members

Surely it's AJ refusing to sign a new TNA contract?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

That would mean she offered him a new contract, which would go against the whole point of this angle.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Unless AJ wins the match, and therefore the title only to be stripped of it as he hadn't signed the contract which would mean it was a 'non-sanctioned match'. Which then raises its own problems of:

- Copying WWE by having a vacant title storyline to go along with the heel authority figure angle

- Why would the Bound For Glory Series winner have to sign a contract making the match 'official'?

TNA have discounted tickets for their tapings in Baltimore on November 21st. You can get 4 tickets for $40 for seats that were $50 each when they went onsale

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Well, yeah, I agree that makes sense, but that's not what a contract signing angle with bully ray would be, surely

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

With strong competition against the NFL and MLB, last night's episode of Impact Wrestling scored a 0.82 rating and averaged 1.084 million viewers. Viewers were down 3% while the rating was down a whopping 15% from last week's episode, which garnered a 0.95 rating and averaged 1.126 million viewers.

The sooner TNA gets brought out the better.

I know i want to see a second company out there and i am sure most others do too but the way things are being run right now are awful.

I still enjoy most of the TV they put out but they need new owners and a Angle similar to what Bish was going to do when he tried to buy WCW.

Strip all talent of titles,a new name for the Company...just a fresh start.

I hope it happens