I don't understand how they can run out of time and not notice. Surely every booker from WWE to the Wrestling Forum Be The Booker section can figure out that if you have 66 matches to book before [date x], you can map everything out and make sure it all fits before you even start the bloody story.

Have TNA stopped getting free stationary from their business partners? Dixie, if you need something to write your upcoming storylines with, I can liberate some Wurth notepads and clicky pens from work and get it sent over first class for you to write your latest wacky chapter out on. We've got tons of the bastards. PM me for details.

Edited by Forrest

From the Observer site:

New twist for Bound for Glory series

The entire thing is a mess because time is running out and of the 11 matches that would be necessary for each guy in a 12 man round-robin tournament, the guys have ranged from four to six matches completed with time running out.

So they are essentially dropping everything, doing the four matches this coming Thursday, and ending it from there with the top four point getters going to the 9/12 final four show.

How the fuck does this even happen? Does the budget only stretch to one week-by-week planner and the creative team lent it to the HR department so they can figure out when guys contracts are up?

TNA have never advertised this year's tournament as a round robin tournament. People, like Meltzer in this case, have been assuming that it was going to be a round robin like last year but TNA have never said that. In fact, Dave Lagana has been tweeting for weeks [when asked about it] that it won't be a round robin like last year. The fuck up here is not what Meltzer is suggesting [that they somehow ran out of time to do all the matches] but rather the fact that they should've made it perfectly clear on TV that it's not going to be a round robin this year, which they didn't.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

Why would it not be a round robin tournament? How else would they run it?

It IS still screwed up, irrespective of that, because the tournament will finish without everyone having had the same number of matches, which is dumb

• Paid Members

So TNA run a stupid tournament and get loads of complaints that the format makes no sense. The next year they run a perfectly sensible round-robin tournament. The next year they run the tournament and don't explicitly state the format.

The fact that they then think its the fans/reporters fault for assuming they've gone with the sensible/logical format again tells you all you need to know.

Dave Lagana's actually tweeting "where did we explicitly state it was round-robin." Normal promotions don't have to explicitly state when their tournaments are or are not going to make sense.

• Paid Members

They did house show matches this year. You can read all about them on the BFG mini-site on the TNA website, which lists all the results, fixtures and standings. Oh hang on, only the first sentence was true there.

• Paid Members
TNA have never advertised this year's tournament as a round robin tournament. People, like Meltzer in this case, have been assuming that it was going to be a round robin like last year but TNA have never said that. In fact, Dave Lagana has been tweeting for weeks [when asked about it] that it won't be a round robin like last year. The fuck up here is not what Meltzer is suggesting [that they somehow ran out of time to do all the matches] but rather the fact that they should've made it perfectly clear on TV that it's not going to be a round robin this year, which they didn't.

Some apologist you. The fuck up is that TNA provide the least informative TV show in the history of wrestling. Dave Lagana is a spin doctor covering his own fuck ups. Do you have such a low opinion in (obviously) your favourite promotion that you will defend this mess on the grounds that the audience should know better not to believe a thing on Impact?

Some apologist you. The fuck up is that TNA provide the least informative TV show in the history of wrestling. Dave Lagana is a spin doctor covering his own fuck ups. Do you have such a low opinion in (obviously) your favourite promotion that you will defend this mess on the grounds that the audience should know better not to believe a thing on Impact?

How am I defending anything or saying anything positive about TNA for that matter? I'm just explaining how Meltzer's article is wrong and where the real fuck up is [TNA not bothering to explain to their TV audience what the format of the tournament is]. I'm not defending anything.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members
How am I defending anything or saying anything positive about TNA for that matter? I'm just explaining how Meltzer's article is wrong and where the real fuck up is [TNA not bothering to explain to their TV audience what the format of the tournament is]. I'm not defending anything.

But that just isn't true. The cock up has been they have completely screwed up this tournament format and are now scrambling to cover their own arse and blaming people for assuming it was the same as last year. If you seriously believe that this tournament wasn't meant to be a Round Robin in the same way as last year, then I dont know what to say. The whole set up of the thing was identical to last year and we are now close to Bound For Glory and there are 37 matches still left. So they've just scrapped it. What a stupid band of morons.

Lagana is a clown. Its always someone elses fault. Now its the fans and journalists fault for assuming it was the same format as what they did last year. That shows everyone they have no respect for their fans. Imagine that in any other business? Imagine going to the shop and getting a Mars Bar and taking it back and the bloke behind the counter says "we didn't say there wasn't fish finger in there". Nothing should surprise me with TNA, but this one is a hilarious one. They did the same the other week. They suddenly announced on TV that the advertised 10 man tag wasn't happening until the following week (even, though it was being taped that night). Its why TNA has no PPV business and the same people watch the show every week. What a shambles.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I thought it was a "series" rather than a tournament where there's a seemingly random number of matches between the participants for random amounts of points and the person lucky enough to have the most points at the end wins? That's what last year's felt like, anyway. In other words, confusing, convoluted mess.

In other words, TNA should receive no grief for this year's series, because it's gone exactly the same as the last one. Models of consistency, best company in the world.