There's all sorts going about regarding Jeff Jarrett and TNA's relationship and why Dixie doesn't want him around.

Such as?

Especially about the alleged Serge Salinas/Terry Taylor and Karen Jarrett sexual harassment stuff.

Say what now?

• Paid Members

If you look closely in the shadows, you can see a face that looks like... sting.

Fuck sake, fully agree with previous points regarding 'tell us who it is'. Stupid way to do things. This kind of shit works for a Brit fed bringing in an international star on a one off show. It always end up being a fucking joke when TNA do it and as stated, how and why are we meant to give a shit?

Build up a promo video, tell a story. If he's a heel, start with him feeding his ducks, then build to a point where where shits gone dark and the mystery pulls you in, followed by a cool debut.

Or tell us about the person, where he's been, why he's coming and what to expect.

I really couldn't give a shit about shadows, a shaved head and some chicken wire.

This mystery chap keeps referencing WWE wrestlers, suggesting he's worked there, and states he's not someone 99% of people don't know.

At the very least, that means it's not Davey Richards or some other indy darling, it has to be a "name", even ol'Bob Holly.

It's very low-rent though, just like their current world champ. Sabin is just... ugly.

• Paid Members

Making the best of a bad TNA surprise i would be quite happy with Bob Holly,

Also on a different note when did Suicide become Manik? and mores the point why does they guy come out dressed like that when hogan brought him out and told everyone his name when Aries stole the get up?

The August 1 stuff is a series of videos on the internet that were never shown or even mentioned on TV and therefore most of TNA's audience isn't even aware this is going on and there's a mystery guy coming tomorrow. Surely, if this were a "name" they would've advertised his arrival on TV but instead they chose to make it an internet-only deal. Then again, you never know. TNA have done crazier things.

Edited by pgi86

The August 1 stuff is a series of videos on the internet that were never shown or even mentioned on TV and therefore most of TNA's audience isn't even aware this is going on and there's a mystery guy coming tomorrow. Surely, if this were a "name" they would've advertised his arrival on TV but instead they chose to make it an internet-only deal. Then again, you never know. TNA have done crazier things.

This is what I am thinking when the person says "not a person 99% you won't know" in the sense of TNA fans not wrestling fans in general and in that case it could be an indy name.

• Paid Members
Surely, if this were a "name" they would've advertised his arrival on TV

They never advertised Ric Flair, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, Nigel McGunness, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman and all those ECW guys when they were bringing them in. Its all about shock value. Its never about actually building someone up. Its why their PPV business died. The audience get stuff sprung upon them.

I loved that January 4th show better than any show I can remember, but they could have prolonged that little 3 week boom period if they'd have said "Flair's debuting next month" and built to him debuting. Then do the same with RVD. This company is just mental on occasion.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Also on a different note when did Suicide become Manik? and mores the point why does they guy come out dressed like that when hogan brought him out and told everyone his name when Aries stole the get up?

It was the week after the costume theft. When announcing the Aries title defence in which Sabin won back the belt, Hogan brought him out and said that he (Hogan) had now decided he would be known as Manik. That was it.

I initially thought there was no way Perkins could go back to the costume after he'd been revealed as the guy who was under the mask, however this week Perkins actually did one of those backstage promos with the suit on and the mask off saying it was like an alter ego for him that allowed him to push himself to the limit and go beyond the quiet nice guy he is in order to put food on the table for his family. Put that way, it does kinda make sense.

Surely, if this were a "name" they would've advertised his arrival on TV

They never advertised Ric Flair, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, Nigel McGunness, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman and all those ECW guys when they were bringing them in. Its all about shock value. Its never about actually building someone up. Its why their PPV business died. The audience get stuff sprung upon them.

I loved that January 4th show better than any show I can remember, but they could have prolonged that little 3 week boom period if they'd have said "Flair's debuting next month" and built to him debuting. Then do the same with RVD. This company is just mental on occasion.

You've shifted this in another direction. Let me get things back to what I was referring to. I didn't mean advertise his arrival as in tells us who's coming but rather put the mystery guy videos on TV to advertise the fact that a mystery guy is coming. For January 4th they teased big surprises and delivered on that. Here they haven't teased anything on TV so most of their audience isn't even aware there's a mystery guy story going on. If the guy coming were a "name" it makes no sense to put the videos online only and not even mention them on TV. So, it seems more likely he's not a "name". That was my point.

EDIT - And now there's a 4th mystery guy video:

Edited by pgi86