• Paid Members
Velvet looks like a lass on her period in that photo with the tracky I can't be arsed make-up.

I'd hate to seem like a stuck record by calling you a rude word yet again but because every single one of your posts recently has marked you out as a bigger cunt than usual, then I don't really have any alternative. You're a cunt and I hope you get foot and mouth disease.

Put it this way: TNA are severely lacking in speciality PPVs, which would add a bit of depth to the few they have. WWE have the Royal Rumble, the Elimination Chamber, and (sometimes) the Survivor Series, and (before) the King Of The Ring. WCW had WarGames and SuperBrawl (I think).

Superbrawl wasn'r a gimmick PPV, and War Games was a type of match held and several different PPVs rather than an event.

Uncensored started out as a gimmick PPV, and Battlebowl was a shit one in 1993.

Once again, I stand corrected.

So WCW didn't have much in the way of gimmick PPVs, then? Very surprising when you read about all those reports of gimmick matches and insane booking, you'd think there'd be more of it.

I think it was more of a case of failed gimmicks rather than no gimmicks.

World War 3 for instance, the idea of putting 92 rings togther and 3,000 wrestlers doing battle for...no not a title shot but a ring?

I am pretty sure stuff like the triple cage match that we saw in 2000 was another attempt at creating a gimmick match to rival WWE's own (in this case hell in a cell). They also had Spin The Wheel, Make the Deal at Halloween Havoc.

However the ideas ethier never stuck or they just didn't put the right amount of effort into them.

They also had Spin The Wheel, Make the Deal at Halloween Havoc.

I thought that was a cool idea. If I recall, the downfall of the concept was WCW's failure to gimmick the gimmick, so the result of the wheel spin was legit. This led to Sting and Jake Roberts having a crap Coal Miner's Glove match, probably the least interesting stipulation on the wheel.

World War 3 for instance, the idea of putting 92 rings togther and 3,000 wrestlers doing battle for...no not a title shot but a ring?

Battlebowl was the battle royal where they fought for the ring, the people who won World War III at least got a title shot, although when was never really clarified. I liked World War III. It was like when you go on holiday and watch the TV even though it's in a foreign language. I didn't understand any of it, but I enjoyed the novelty and spectacle of it.

Battlebowl was the battle royal where they fought for the ring, the people who won World War III at least got a title shot, although when was never really clarified. I liked World War III. It was like when you go on holiday and watch the TV even though it's in a foreign language. I didn't understand any of it, but I enjoyed the novelty and spectacle of it.

Yep I got mixed up.

World War 3 was utter chaos but really fun because of that and in much the same way as the junkyard match was. The best thing about the wrestlers in WW3 is that you saw every single jobber WCW had. Guys that would never make it past World Wide squash matches could at least say they were in a televised PPV thanks to WW3.

• Moderators

Also it was another look at WCW's jobber hierarchy.

EG: Rick Fuller would beat Doc Dean, but Hardwork Bobby Walker beats Rick Fuller, hence Hardwork Bobby Walker is a higher level of WCW Pro job boy.

Also it was another look at WCW's jobber hierarchy.

EG: Rick Fuller would beat Doc Dean, but Hardwork Bobby Walker beats Rick Fuller, hence Hardwork Bobby Walker is a higher level of WCW Pro job boy.

Weird thing about Doc Dean was that he was allowed to get the rub off Jushin Liger only then to lose to Power Plant muscle junkies!?

I have no idea why WCW actively crapped on some of the talent it had in favour of some of the most bland wrestlers this side of Nathan Jones. I think I am well off the beaten track with this post however.

Fuck it TNA should make their second show about squash matches and use Bobby Eaton in some capcity (don't know what).

• Paid Members

There's no way Vince Russo isn't back writing shows. I'd put money on it in fact. Mike Johnson said weeks ago he was told Russo was working with Dixie and that fat bloke from Tough Enough. Now you only have to watch the last two episodes of Impact. Everything from heel turns, to tag teams breaking up, to the women being embarrassed and/or stalked via security footage, to couples breaking up, to authority figures getting in each others faces to general shit happening every few seconds was all on these shows. There was even a fucking pole match on the shows the other week. He's back. There's no question.

Also Samoa Joe tweeted that he cleared the air with Vince Russo in Glasgow. Fucking madness.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay