• Paid Members

Mike Johnson speaks to people in the office covering their arse, though. He regular phones up Dixie to get "her side/spin of the story". And what does a "production assistant" make in TNA?

This from F4Wonline doesn't sound like he was on good money. And even if he was, the bloke broke his neck in your ring. Have a heart, you know? Sack Mr Anderson or Mike Knox. Why are they there?

Jesse Sorenson, who was at one point feared to be a quadriplegic after breaking his neck in a February 12, 2012, match with Zema Ion, was released today by TNA.

This is the worst kind of P.R. move, largely because Sorensen, who had been workiig in production, was not a high salaried employee, and the company has been trying to act as though their financial situation isn't as bad as it seems from the outside.

I was all up for them sacking him when he wrestled for them, though. God he was shite.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Mike Johnson speaks to people in the office covering their arse, though. He regular phones up Dixie to get "her side/spin of the story". And what does a "production assistant" make in TNA?

This from F4Wonline doesn't sound like he was on good money. And even if he was, the bloke broke his neck in your ring. Have a heart, you know? Sack Mr Anderson or Mike Knox. Why are they there?

Jesse Sorenson, who was at one point feared to be a quadriplegic after breaking his neck in a February 12, 2012, match with Zema Ion, was released today by TNA.

This is the worst kind of P.R. move, largely because Sorensen, who had been workiig in production, was not a high salaried employee, and the company has been trying to act as though their financial situation isn't as bad as it seems from the outside.

I was all up for them sacking him when he wrestled for them, though. God he was shite.

I think what you have with Dixie and Janice Carter is the devil and the deep blue sea. Dixie would hire and not fire and thus you would have a bloated roster with Janice it seems much more clinical. I would sack Mr.Anderson then rehire him only so that I could sack him again.

God I hate Mr.Anderson.

• Moderators
"After a long recovery process & being promised by the President of TNA Impact Wrestling TNA Dixie Carter I would always have a job with her company, I recently was released from my current contract & shown that those promises were false. During my time away from the ring I decided to pursue bodybuilding & have been prepping for the Hurricane Bay bodybuilding show in Tampa, FL on Oct.5th,2013 but now due to my recent released I will have to drop out of my show. A friend of mine told me about this site and if anyone would like to help and contribute I would be so grateful and appreciate any donations. "

• Paid Members

Poor bastard. TNA's reputation is just about the worst I can ever remember it being right now. It doesn't really get any lower than sacking a man that nearly lost the use of his legs on your TV show just over a year ago. I really hope Hulk and Sting make the jump.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Ugh, poor Jesse. Classless move. Reminds me of WWE firing Test when he was injured. Does Droz still work for WWE?

Anyway, the problem isn't the product. The product is fine - Impact is fine, it's still doing ok in its slot and is still entertaining. It's the attempts to expand the brand beyond just a tv show that's not worked out.

Joking aren't you? The product has been stale practically since the Aces & 8s angle started. It's been all downhill since then, and everything they've touched has turned to shit. They've ruined several red hot acts and killed some money angles just by existing.

I was really enjoying Bully as champ, I think he's the best heel they've had in years. I quite enjoy all the soap opera stuff with him and the Hogans. Throw in some decent matches with the likes of Roode, Hardy, Joe, Angle, Aries etc. and you've got a product that's fun.

It IS stale though, no doubt about it. I think the Bound For Glory series kind of masks this as suddenly people have reasons for matches and reasons for different finishes, but when you're using the return of a midcard Sabin to drive your main event, then there's definitely some room for improvement.

All these cuts will either really kill the product or strangely refresh it, there'll definitely be some impact.

• Awards Moderator
Ugh, poor Jesse. Classless move. Reminds me of WWE firing Test when he was injured. Does Droz still work for WWE?

I think Droz finished with WWE sometime in the mid-2000s. I can't be sure but I think his was a quiet under-the-radar release. I remember his 'Droz's Two Cents' columns on WWE.com, and I think they stopped around that time.

I was really enjoying Bully as champ, I think he's the best heel they've had in years. I quite enjoy all the soap opera stuff with him and the Hogans. Throw in some decent matches with the likes of Roode, Hardy, Joe, Angle, Aries etc. and you've got a product that's fun.

It IS stale though, no doubt about it. I think the Bound For Glory series kind of masks this as suddenly people have reasons for matches and reasons for different finishes, but when you're using the return of a midcard Sabin to drive your main event, then there's definitely some room for improvement.

All these cuts will either really kill the product or strangely refresh it, there'll definitely be some impact.

Ha, I'm sure that was unintentional but it raised a chuckle. There will indeed definitely be some impact... but for how much longer?!?!

Droz, despite Vince promising him a job for life, was released in 2007. In all fairness, they released a ton of people that year. Between regular roster and developmental they must've cut almost 30 people, half of whom were all cut on the same day.

Edited by pgi86

Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Chris Sabins current spot would have been much better with Eric Young taking the title from Bully in a simular vein? Especially if they had built on the fact that he got the win back at Lockdown.

• Paid Members
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that Chris Sabins current spot would have been much better with Eric Young taking the title from Bully in a simular vein? Especially if they had built on the fact that he got the win back at Lockdown.

Nah, Eric's a joke character now. They established him as one. They could have put the belt on him in 2009, though. He was class as the World Elite leader. Eric Young's so talented. Its a crying shame how they've treated him over the years. He's one of their best workers. Always has been.

If The Band had stuck around, it would have been the making of Eric Young. If they'd established him as the new X Pac, as a serious, fast contender, then he'd have had a great last few years.

You gotta think Eric prefers the comedy stuff though, look at his beard.

"After a long recovery process & being promised by the President of TNA Impact Wrestling TNA Dixie Carter I would always have a job with her company, I recently was released from my current contract & shown that those promises were false. During my time away from the ring I decided to pursue bodybuilding & have been prepping for the Hurricane Bay bodybuilding show in Tampa, FL on Oct.5th,2013 but now due to my recent released I will have to drop out of my show. A friend of mine told me about this site and if anyone would like to help and contribute I would be so grateful and appreciate any donations. "

(Good chance I'm going to get yelled at... but oh well...)

Wasn't Sorensen cleared to compete back in November of 2012? That's what I read.

If so, I don't feel all that bad for him (especially if he himself has decided not to continue his in ring career). Granted he was injured on "TNA's watch", but they did the right to him. They financially supported him during (and beyond) his recovery, and gave him steady employment for 16-17 months. He's now healthy (or as healthy as a pro wrestler can be) and pursuing other interests.

A company is not responsible for supporting you ONCE you are recovered. IF he has been cleared to wrestle again, then I really don't see why TNA should feel bad about this.

Am I being harsh? The impression I'm getting from reading Wikipedia is that Jesse has stopped wrestling on his own terms.

And at the risk of sounding like a cold hearted bastard... no... I'm not donating money so that he can take part in his bodybuilding hobby. Sorry. We all lose our jobs and forced to drop hobbies as a result. Man up... get a new job... and try again another time when finances are better. Asking for money to cover your medical bills is one thing... but this?