Raw Spoilers 31/12/12

Callum1993

• Paid Members
Sounds like a pretty good show. Suprised they gave the belt to Barrett on a non-ppv.

Midcard belt that Kingston himself hadn't won on PPV, nor Miz before him? The bigger surprise would have been if they'd dragged it out for virtually another month until the Rumble.

Sounds like a pretty good show. Suprised they gave the belt to Barrett on a non-ppv.

Midcard belt that Kingston himself hadn't won on PPV, nor Miz before him? The bigger surprise would have been if they'd dragged it out for virtually another month until the Rumble.

True but Kingston I guess won it in order to legitimize Main Event while Miz won it on Raw 1000 rather than a throw-away Raw.

• Paid Members

Good Raw, especially for a holiday edition. That said, I was drinking as I watched. Still at least it had some crowd heat and the new year party segments kept the show flowing.

The next two weeks promise much. Hope they deliver. .

He was going to get it the last PPV, but 90% of the show was essentially heels going over, so they changed it at the last minute. Barrett's been touted as getting the belt for the last month. They've got big plans for him. They love him.

It seems like a step down for him if they've got plans. He won that belt nearly two years ago (off Kofi as well) and it did nothing. Messing about at that level still is below where he should be, for me. I suppose he's in a tough spot though, with Big Show, Punk, Ziggler and the Shield taking up the top heel spots.

Good show overall, I thought. Hadn't read spoilers and on a Raw "night of champions", Barrett was the only remote possibility of a title change. Thought it was a decent match as well, though I agree with the sentiment that if he's going to be big, he needs to stop slumming it. That said, Cesaro is really getting over as a heel champ and is surely going to move up to the next level in 2013.

Ricardo vs Big Show was great, they could have at least got the shit ring announcer to call him as "Ricardooooooooooooooooooo" etc. Nice to see 3MB get in the tag title mixer, though they're not quite getting enough heat yet. Glad they didn't blow too much on the shield vs Ryback thing.

Top promo from Ziggler at the end. He's the best on the mic by a mile at the mo. Made Cena sound like a teenager trying to be hard, although that does seem to sum up his character so it's not much of a surprise.

3MB has the old 'no mean streak' problem imo. They need to start exploiding their 3 man advantage backstage or in matches more.

That'd be silly when there's a main event act doing that. As long as The Shield are about, 3MB are a comedy jobber group. And the gimmick is perfect for that anyway.

• Paid Members

The show was very hit and miss with a great promo from Ziggler forcing Cena to turn beet red and shout for effect but couldn't understand the crap showering at the end. Totally unecessary. Best moment for me was Lawler "after watching that, I'm almost mad at the doctors in Canada for saving my life". Funnier than the segment itself.

Decent show I reckoned, some of the frivolity of last week with a bit more purpose and direction. The next couple of weeks are shaping up nicely with an abundance of options on the table for the next couple of months.

The game was up for 3MB as soon as The Shield entered the fray. I find it fascinating that 3 guys who were in NXT a month or so ago are being presented as a credible threat to Sheamus, Ryback and Orton. I'm really enjoying the group at the minute, and I hope they keep moving forward.

I'm not sure Zigglers performance at the end met the occasion, looked a trifle shaky and things only really picked up when Cena came out. For me, Cena could well be the greatest of all time on the mic. Even when the gloves are off he never seems to come away looking like the other guy was the better man. The stuff with Rhodes at the start was very amusing, and to go from that to the intensity at the end is the mark of an exceptional performer. He has his detractors, but he's earned his spot.

We've also learned that if runny shit starts mysteriously dripping from the ceiling, standing there for a whole minute and flapping about in it once it's stopped is the initial instinctive reaction. Big E had the right idea, stand there with your arms folded and throw a concerned look over your shoulder. The least he could have done is rushed in with a napkin.

I don't know if it's new years optimism or the drink flowing through my body but Raw has been great the last couple of weeks. I was expecting a shit show from reading the spoilers but I loved this. There's plenty of new guys to be excited about - Cesaro, Barrett, Sandow, Ryback, Shield, Big E, Ptps, 3mb, the tag division in general - for 2013. Even the likes of Punk/Heyman (yeah they fucked it up last year but he's the man and in no way a 'mid card' champ), Ziggler/AJ, Hell No, face Del Rio/Ricardo, and fuck it - Eve Torres - are all intriguing at the moment. If they get over some of the flaws mentioned in the 'Why you've stopped wathing raw' thread, stop booking their babyfaces as such odious twats and get rid of Jerry Lawler then there's no reason why WWE can't be great. And there is still Kassius Ohno and Bray mofuckin' Waytt to come.

Feels weird for me to say, but great show. To the fridge for another.

I'm not sure Zigglers performance at the end met the occasion, looked a trifle shaky and things only really picked up when Cena came out. For me, Cena could well be the greatest of all time on the mic. Even when the gloves are off he never seems to come away looking like the other guy was the better man.

You're having a laugh, right? Ziggler was totally on the money. Cena came out and had a tantrum. Best of all time my arse. His babyface character is essentially being a twat and making shit jokes that don't come off. What's to cheer? Anyway, I don't to turn this into another Cena debate. We'll just have to agree that you're wrong :laugh:

I haven't found Jerry too bad since he came back. He seems to just be taking the piss and enjoying it really. I certainly haven't thought he detracts from the product anyway.

Agreed, it's much less phoned in now. I'm pretty sure he was a great heel/colour guy during the AE. Can't he just go back to doing that and let Michael Cole, you know, something?

Archived