British fans watching American wrestling

HWM

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was a bit obsessed with America as a kid because of the Wrestling. I thought it was the coolest place in the world and was desperate to go there.

As i've got older though, i've realised they generally like rubbish sports, ignore the good ones, and are generally unaware of the world arund them (Yes, i'm generalising a lot here). I've visited Florida, Vegas, San Fransisco and New York and will be returning for a tour of the East Coast this summer. Wouldn't want to live there though, and aren't obsessed like I used to be.

Agree 100% on the home towns though. Superstars back in 1993 used to be held in really mad towns as the arenas became smaller and smaller.

I heard on RAW last week Kevin Dunn didn't want the town announced because it was "not major league enough" but Cena blew that by talking about it in a promo.

I've been watching too many Jim Cornette interviews, but i've never heard anything good about the guy and seems to be one of the proponents of 'sports entertainment'.

I've been watching too many Jim Cornette interviews, but i've never heard anything good about the guy and seems to be one of the proponents of 'sports entertainment'.

Jim Cornette's almost gotten to the stage with me where if he said Kevin Dunn was an arsehole I'd assume Kevin Dunn was the greatest guy ever born.

The only big exam (GCSE style) I ever got 100% on was a history mock (sadly) exam on American History. Being about 7 years ago I obviously can't remember much of what was asked but remember at the time crediting a fair but of my American History knowledge to watching wrestling. I was pretty clued up on a fair amount of historical events in America and had heard of a few minor events too due to wrestling. Being into wrestling also made me very interested in learning about America so I remember looking forward to that class and really absorbing the information like a sponge. I think America is one of the more interesting/entertaining countries to look at in a historical context and being a big fan of Chicago, the gangsters and all of that era also helped.

Archived