Monday Night Raw discussion thread (03/12/12)

AshC

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positives: Sin Cara had one of his best singles matches in WWE to date with Del Rio, Ryback was used perfectly, the show's structure was switched up a bit to seem less monotonous, and The Shield add a chaotic, almost Attitude-esque feel to things. Brad Maddox's character is superb, perfect amount of arrogance.

Negatives: Vince wasted an appearance, doing sweet fuck-all. Cena could have coerced Vickie into the ladder match, or the mysterious Board of Directors could have twisted her arm. Miz is more annoying and grating as a face than he was as a heel. The lie detector test segment played out to zero heat, as did the segment setting up the lie detector test.

Overall verdict: Worth a watch. I'm liking the Shield's act, and the final minutes of Raw with Ryback standing tall were note-perfect. Interestingly, we could see Heyman vs. Ryback next week as a result of Punk's answer to the Ryback question.

kicking%20bishop%20brennan%20up%20the%20arse.jpg

Quality stuff.

I liked the show, usual disclaimer is that there was a bit of duff but its feels like there is a bit more cohesion and direction going on at least which was good. Every segment feels like it goes on too long though. Also was there not a Fandango promo? Hope it hasnt been dropped...

The Lie Detector Test on Miz TV was shit but thankfully Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns showed up. North Carolina sure loved Ryback and he felt big time here for me anyway in the end segment.

What was the point of Vince showing up though?

TLC seems like it might actually be worth watching even though all the matches are rematches so far but most of them mean something and then there is the unknown quantity that is The Shield.

Really enjoyed the opening match and the story with The Shield and them attacking Orton out of nowhere was great. Sin Cara vs Del Rio was great, I like Sin Cara so screw you all. Sandow was once again fantastic "I did not ask for your approval" and the Fatal Four Way and Cena/Sheamus vs Ziggler/Big Show matches were both really good.

I have to agree with John Pollack from the LAW that there was and is absolutely no reason to get behind Miz, and Punk making him look like a twat just emphasised it. Punk ripping into his Wrestlemania main event did nothing for him, and the 'Your mum' response underlined it all.

Enjoying The Shield, and that Daniel Bryan and Kane have put their back-and-forth on the backburner for now, and seem like a threatening presence you can get behind.

Props to them for trying to switch up the format of the show. It's been stale for years. Having Maddox and Vickie's segment go to a break, and Punk coming straight out after the previous match with just a small break with the announcers, were good. It kept everything moving along rather than the same old match-segment-match formula.

Thoughts on Maddox? I like him, especially in that first Experience short on their YouTube channel but something was really, really off in that segment with Vickie.

Cena and Sheamus' "bit" was awful.

• Paid Members

I think I watched a different show to all of you. The crowd seemed to love Miz when he came out and as soon as he called Heyman a walrus, they were chanting it. Eating out of the palm of his hand.

Agreed with everything Shane o mac said. Ryback looked good at the end of this and the crowd were loving him. Having the heels (Shield) beat on him for weeks has paid off and it makes me wonder what the fuck they're doing with Dolph. The crowd couldn't give less of a shit about seeing Ziggler/Cena at TLC, Dolph's got no credibility. Is he getting the win there? Are they turning him face? It all feels a bit arse backwards.

Cara vs Del Rio was a quality match and the fourway was something different. I don't know what this Maddox shit is about but at last it's something. The Shield need to start mixing it up a bit cos the powerbomb spot will become stale. I'm glad AJ wasn't given a mic this week. What the fuck was Vince there for? Does he think showing his face alone would spike ratings? I thought he was at least gonna fire Vickie or something. Waste of time.

Anyone with half a braincell would have known Miz weren't going to work as a face. I liked that the dialogue between him and Punk felt unscripted and close to the knuckle but Miz had to resort to Mum jokes and 'walrus'. What a pleb. The lie detector thing was pointless but things got awesome when the Shield came out. Great end to the show.

Just a thought then - Is it possible that in order to avoid this match, Dolph will cash in before his match with Cena to try and get out of it? Either on TV or at the PPV itself?

What about a scenario where Dolph cahses in on Big Show or Sheamus and wins early in the show, so Vince rebooks the Main Event as Dolph's first title defense. He can win that when some baddies or somebody run in and push Cena off a ladder through 48 tables.

More like Ziggler cashes in and wins the belt then drops it to Cena to add to his 'he was champ for a few more minutes' legacy. This will at the least give them something else to talk about during the 104 jobs he'll be doin on tv over the next year.

He can win that when some baddies or somebody run in and push Cena off a ladder through 48 tables.

I think The Shield are probably going to be doing this to Ryback in his match against Punk.

Its a TLC match, that. Meaning Punk has to clim the ladder to win. They can do whatever with Ryback to take him out.

Archived