Monday Night Raw discussion thread (03/12/12)

AshC

Just a thought then - Is it possible that in order to avoid this match, Dolph will cash in before his match with Cena to try and get out of it? Either on TV or at the PPV itself?

What about a scenario where Dolph cahses in on Big Show or Sheamus and wins early in the show, so Vince rebooks the Main Event as Dolph's first title defense. He can win that when some baddies or somebody run in and push Cena off a ladder through 48 tables.

I was going to suggest just that ! I can see Ziggles cashing in and winning, then pulling the "I don't have the case, so there is no ladder match" thing ....only to then be forced to defend it against Cena, still in a ladder match. Then either Ziggler retains, or Cena wins, Rock wins at rumble and a Unification match at Mania? Would get round the "first time...Only time" thing.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a thought then - Is it possible that in order to avoid this match, Dolph will cash in before his match with Cena to try and get out of it? Either on TV or at the PPV itself?

What about a scenario where Dolph cahses in on Big Show or Sheamus and wins early in the show, so Vince rebooks the Main Event as Dolph's first title defense. He can win that when some baddies or somebody run in and push Cena off a ladder through 48 tables.

I was going to suggest just that ! I can see Ziggles cashing in and winning, then pulling the "I don't have the case, so there is no ladder match" thing ....only to then be forced to defend it against Cena, still in a ladder match. Then either Ziggler retains, or Cena wins, Rock wins at rumble and a Unification match at Mania? Would get round the "first time...Only time" thing.

The Royal Rumble winner can't just spend WrestleMania standing round with their thumb up their arse, though. They'd have to do that cop-out thing of asking for their title match at Elimination Chamber.

He can win that when some baddies or somebody run in and push Cena off a ladder through 48 tables.

I think The Shield are probably going to be doing this to Ryback in his match against Punk.

It'd be very cheeky of WWE to just do the same ending as they did at Survivor Series. I bet they will though.

Miz's "on the spot, witty comebacks" were fucking awful. Talk about an unlikable Face character! Punk ate him alive out there. Why do WWE have such trouble creating a face that people actually like? Other than the "say almost nothing, destroy people" route that is working for Ryback, everyone else is a tit. Punk was unlikeable and smarmy, Miz is much, much worse so far, Sheamus is a cretin or a bore and half the crowd still rip on Cena. Is there no-one in the back that can write a likeable top-line character? Anyway, enough with the tangent...

The early stuff with The Shield was very, very good though. The way they were edging nearer to the ring and the commentators were trying to keep tabs on them was excellent. The crowd responded too, as the atmosphere was becoming electric the closer they got. Really nervy, tension building stuff. It reminded me of a cross between the nWo and the Nexus, just with the level of impending trouble that was brewing.

I get the feeling that Vince thinks his little "awkward" segments with Vickie are great TV. He is wrong, they are shit. The whole GM role situation is so fucking boring and played out right now it desperately needs a break.

Ryback looked really strong again and the crowd seem to be getting more on board each week. It's amazing that he's becoming so popular in spite of his televised death at HIAC just a few weeks ago. :)

Really enjoying seeing Cesaro and Sandow on TV every week. These lads have a big future.

I watched the lie detector bit and the Shield brawl at the end, it was fantastic! The Shield have a great look about them and the brawl was great. It's good to see Bryan and Kane working together now, Miz was decent in his role and the place went crazy when Ryback came out. Punk flexing on the top rope was a great cocky move at the end of the show and would no doubt wind up the fans who look at him and think that they could take him themselves. Can't be arsed with watching full episodes until Rumble time but the final segment seemed fresh and chaotic which is desperately needed in wrestling right now.

There are ways around that and if you ever wanted to unify the belts I can't think of abetter match.

Enjoyed this weeks a lot more the changes made it easier for me to get through.

The Miz: he seems to have a fanbase. But the reallys are old and tiresome and make me cringe. And surely as a face he could stop mentioning main eventing Wrestlemania, in the words of CM Punk we are all trying to forget that. A "I've been to the top but I wasn't ready, but now with the fans I am" type attitude would be better.

I actually enjoyed the promo with Cena/Shaemus, Cena seemed to be buzzing the whole show and enjoying himself a great deal.

CM Punk looks like he's losing weight, I don't know if its the Tshirt which I think is awful but he seemed smaller. Love Heyman its like Danny Devito in Twins, sports agent character come to life. In the words of Bret hart this week he's slimey and everything you would expect a wrestling manager to be.

The big crowd response during the first match was for a John Cena impersonator in the crowd. Apparently he goes to all the WWE shows in his area dressed as Cena, with his mates all dressed as security.

Yeah, he was at Axxess on the day I went this year. He came out the 'try an entrance' thing and everyone made a beeline for him. It was convincing as hell. My mate went over had a picture, bragged about it and then I pointed out it was a lookalike.

I'm assuming it's the same guy!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-12-03/punk-knee-surgery

WWE.com has learned WWE Champion CM Punk is currently undergoing surgery on his knee in Pensacola, Fla.

Last night, after Ryback drove him through a table, The Straight Edge Superstar took a late night flight to Florida for an emergency consultation with Dr. James Andrews. A review of his condition resulted in the WWE Champion’s immediate surgery today. (PHOTOS FROM RAW)

WWE.com will continue to report on Punk’s condition as more details become available.

Thought it was a good show, The Shield didn't look weak brawling out of the arena and their run ins are livening up the shows

I actually think Ziggler will beat Cena at TLC, especially as it's a ladder match and Cena doesn't really have to lose

AJ's arse looked amazing for about the 70th consecutive week

The Father Ted mention was ace, just hope Wade doesn't mention some shite like Two Pints next week

WWE.com has learned WWE Champion CM Punk is currently undergoing surgery on his knee in Pensacola, Fla.

Last night, after Ryback drove him through a table, The Straight Edge Superstar took a late night flight to Florida for an emergency consultation with Dr. James Andrews. A review of his condition resulted in the WWE Champion

Last night, after Ryback drove him through a table, The Straight Edge Superstar took a late night flight to Florida for an emergency consultation with Dr. James Andrews. A review of his condition resulted in the WWE Champion

Archived