Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Totally agree, JR is unbearable in Part 1 of the Sting interview, I came close to just turning it off. I would love somebody to count up the amount of seconds that Sting actually speaks during that podcast, he is barely allowed to get a word in.

He's got some good guests coming up on his show, but I don't know how much more of JR I can take.

Agreed with the JR podcast. Usually I'll skip the intro to the actual interview but when I did so, I couldn't actually find a bit with Sting or AJ talking despite actually being in the interview portion of the ep. It's a good show if you're a JR fan but for interviews, you can do better with Austin, Jericho and Colt.

• Paid Members

Paul Heyman is currently being great on Ariel Helwani's show, The MMA Hour. He's an amazing raconteur; you can definitely see why some of the ECW lot have such a high opinion of themselves.

Check it out later. Helwani is really good at what he does too.

Where can the MMA Hour be found?

I can't decide who is worse, JR or Jericho.

As we've said, JR is all "me me me" and Jericho is on level pegging with Frank Skinner for comedy skills. Having said that, I haven't tried Roddy Piper's because I imagine it's just the ramblings of a madman

Anyone got an up-to-date list of podcasts that are worth a listen?  Not really interested in news or present-day review shows, more interviews or retro reviews.  I currently listen to the following, depending on who's on:

Steve Austin

Jim Ross

Jim Cornette

MLW

LAW

Review-a-Wai

Art of Wrestling

I also listen to the retro reviews (mainly WCW) on Place To Be so anything else along those lines would be great.

I have no interest in listening to Piper or Jericho and unfortunately Goldberg's show is just interviewing guys I have no interest in, otherwise I'd likely give that a shot.

• Paid Members

Paul Heyman is currently being great on Ariel Helwani's show, The MMA Hour. He's an amazing raconteur; you can definitely see why some of the ECW lot have such a high opinion of themselves.

Check it out later. Helwani is really good at what he does too.

Is that interview all MMA? I love listening to Paul Heyman but have no interest in that MMA bollocks.

JR's is the first podcast I turn to, although I love Austin's as well. I don't find Jim Ross as annoying as most here, but have enjoyed his work as a broadcaster for so long that hearing him is almost akin to a comfort blanket.

Edited by garynysmon

Ross Report with Sting part 2 is up and on my list for today. I'm expecting it to be every bit as unbearable as part one. I don't know what I'm hoping for in all honesty but what with everything going on around Sting right now, I have to listen to it.

I didn't mind part 1 of the Sting interview. With everything surrounded Sting right now, he'd be an idiot to go into a major interview and start slagging off the world, so my expectations were pretty realistic. He's never really done lots of interviews, so I'm appreciating this. Look forward to giving part 2 a listen.