Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

I knew they had two feeds but I've always thought it would be really easy for newer listeners to make that mistake.

It's daft that they're not in one feed but marked explicit where needed. Austin's justification was something about getting a letter from a Dad who wanted his kids to be able to listen to his podcast.

It's Knight time with Stevie Knight is now Britians most popular wrestling podcast lurking just outside the top 300 on Itunes. Quality production and asking the questions the others dare not. Many thanks to all who have downloaded and all the other UK podcasters who have given me a helping hand and mention.

Big thanks also to William Regal,MVP and other big time tweeters for the big push Via Twitter and my wrestling pals for the help.

Show 1- Magnus

Show 2-Marty Jones

Show 3- Rockstar Spud

Upcoming- Doug Williams,Danny "boy"Collins,Adrian Street,Joe Legend,Ricky Knight, and a very big name from the US.

If they have an interesting story to tell lets hear it!

If you havent checked it out why not?

Itunes- Search out- Stevieknight

www.stevieknight.info

https://www.facebook.com/itsknighttime

Twitter @knightpodcast

Anyone been listening to the WWE podcasts with Renee? Decent interview with the Rhodes brothers on the most recent one.

Perfect compliment for my crush on Renee.

Yeah, they've all been really good and will make a nice countdown to Mania. That story about Trips' entrance for 27 with the horse was just the kind of trivia I like. I'd really like them to have Kerwin Stifles (I think that's his name) or someone else who works in the production truck to talk about the production side of Mania over the years.

• Paid Members

Poor Cabana - ever since Austin, Cornette, Jericho, JR, and WWE started their own Podcasts, he's been left with all the indie dud guests like Truth Martini, whoever the fuck that is.

Poor Cabana - ever since Austin, Cornette, Jericho, JR, and WWE started their own Podcasts, he's been left with all the indie dud guests like Truth Martini, whoever the fuck that is.

Truth martini was well before the other podcasts appeared, and despite it knowing who he was, was a really good listen

• Paid Members

:sneaky:

Truth martini was well before the other podcasts appeared, and despite it knowing who he was, was a really good listen

Yeah, he was just an example.

• Paid Members

Have to agree there, Truth Martini might be my favourite Cabana podcast (your point still stands, he's getting quickly left behind now all the names are getting involved).

Cabana's not doing too bad. He's had Bruno Sammartino and Dean Ambrose on this year. Austin, Hall, Genius, Sunny, Miz in the last six months. He's never had WWE-associated guests on that regularly. He has been left behind a bit now, though. If you've got a choice between hearing Colt Cabana talk to Marty Scurll (who?) or Steve Austin talk to John Cena, it's an easy choice to make.

• Paid Members

Colt's podcast has never been about star guests though, it's always been more focused on the stories of the interesting or obscure characters of the wrestling world. That's largely because he has to take what he can get in terms of guests- he does well to have someone new every week, but that makes it fun really. Some guests are shit, but sometimes you hear great stories from people you've never heard of or paid any attention to in the past.

I don't know if he's getting left behind- I think he's probably had a well established listener base for a long time and the added attention that the likes of Austin, Jericho and JR are bringing to the podcast world are probably translating to a few extra ears on Colt's show if anything. I had been aware of the Art Of Wrestling since he started doing it, but barely ever bothered to listen to it. I'd check out the odd show if people mentioned it on here (Cliff Compton for example). Then Austin's show started and I decided that I wanted to listen to those every week, so I got into the habit of listening to podcasts, which in turn lead to me downloading Colt's every week. Now I have about six or so regular podcasts that I put onto my iPod to listen to in the office during the week. I wouldn't listen to any of them if it wasn't for the Steve Austin Show.

• Paid Members
I don't know if he's getting left behind- I think he's probably had a well established listener base for a long time

I've been listening to him since day 1 and loved it - but it just comes down to time & competition now. I loved listening to obscure guests like Jamie Dundee and hearing some hilarious carny stories, but now with all the competition from bigger names with bigger guests, I find myself skipping all of Colt's for the last few months except for the Bruno & Lance Storm episodes.

Every week now, I get 3+ Observer shows, 2 from Austin, 1 from Jericho (unless he has an NHL player on), 1 from Cornette (the Bolin shows have been amazing), and now JR; as well as other podcasts like Startalk, etc. Half of these weren't around when Cabana started! Not interested in the WWE one, since it'll just be people watching what they say and watered down.