DOA Wrestling on Fitness TV

super b

Like I said we have people with alot of experience helping with this project and I believe in their judgement, as they believe in mine. We are using a company that has filmed wrestling before and all the footage looked topped quality

The band is back together!

alex_shane.jpg

Len-b.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys can say and think what you like. I am confident in this project and hope to prove you wrong down the line. Im not promising this will be the greatest wrestling show in the history of the world but im confident we can be successful in a competitive market. And yes the "experienced" people I mentioned do exist but im not going to be goaded into announcing names ahead of schedule.

It costs us nothing extra to make the TV show but it does bring in extra money.

Regarding this point - how is it not costing anything extra to make the tv show? I dont do DVDs due to the editing costs involved and how much I would need to charge to make a return so I dont understand how you can make a TV show at no extra cost.

418945_152654171539164_194859680_n.jpg

DOA Wrestling is happy to announce that the main event of its debut TV taping will be a match to crown its first DOA World Heavyweight Champion. The "Heavyweight House of Pain" Stixx will go one on one with the "Shooting Star" Kris Travis for the honour of being the first champion in the company. Both men have been hand picked by DOA Wrestling match makers as they believe that these two men are the top competitors in the country at this time. These two men have met in the ring many times around the country and always deliver the goods, and January 27th will be no different as one man takes his place in history as the first DOA Wrestling champion.

Matches So Far:

DOA World Heavyweight Championship

"Heavyweight House of Pain" Stixx Vs. "Shooting Star" Kris Travis

Heavyweight Showdown

Bam Bam Barton Vs. T-Bone

6 Man Tournament to crown a British TV Champion

Featuring: Nick Riley, Danny Chase, Lewy Paradise, LJ Heron, Danny Steel & ???

More match announcements coming soon...

MA-on-FTV.jpg

For more information or to order your tickets please contact DOA Wrestling:-

Email: doawrestling@inbox.com

Phone: 07858305120

Facebook: www.facebook.com/doawrestling

Twitter: @DOAWRESTLINGUK

Regarding this point - how is it not costing anything extra to make the tv show? I dont do DVDs due to the editing costs involved and how much I would need to charge to make a return so I dont understand how you can make a TV show at no extra cost.

Ignoring questions like this is what will cause people to be sceptical.

Sorry didnt mean to ignore any questions. The original plan for myself was to just run wrestling shows and film them for DVD/Blu-Ray release. I contacted MA Action with regards to the filming and got a very good price from them. They then presented me with the oppertunity to film the show for Fitness TV as they would be providing Fitness TV with combat sports content. The production costs would not increase for them to do the full TV edit for the program. So it is a cost to have the show filmed and edited but it is no EXTRA cost whether we do TV or just film for DVD/Blu-Ray release (which we had already budgeted for). Hope this clears things up a little. I wasnt ignoring the question, just missed it when I came in to announce the latest match.

That makes sense, it seemed like it was ignored when you posted earlier. Fair play for answering it the way you did considering the way my second post was made. Its just having had so many people say similar things in the past its hard to take folk seriously. If you are doing everything right then I wish you every success however if you are shortcutting and running before you can walk I expect things to go tits up very quickly. Best of luck if you have everything in order.

Ignoring questions like this is what will cause people to be sceptical.

I make DVDs because for my large fan base they give me a good return. To do a TV show I already have hours and of stock match footage edited and would only need a little bit of extra content blending in to make a show. Your business model baffles me as you will be giving full shows away for free with potentially ZERO return. I own all our camera equipment so that also keeps my costs down. It will not be cheap to bring in a company to film and edit your shows. Your location is not easy to get too & your card offers no reason to travel as for example Stixx v Travis has been done many times before, the local area might offer a good draw I cant comment on that but then again you guys dont know either. It is not easy to even turn profit in wrestling and I understand your new but to put minds at rest if you have any people that are respected involved in DOA then that is who should be the face of it. You might prove us all wrong but you need to build your product first and ensure that your money is spent well. In wrestling everybody wants to be your friend when your throwing money about so make sure you keep your common sense and be open and honest with your friends outside wrestling and get a second opinion.

EDIT: seen your replied to FYE while I wrote this. I still dont think people will buy DVDs that are on TV? but its good your releasing DVDs

We shall be releasing DVDs but they will be seasons of the TV show. I appreciate everyones feedback and I know we have a way to go before people will get fully behind the product. We have decided (after the unfortunate mistake regarding location) that our shows will be moved to Bury St Edmunds. This will mean we are not so cut off from the rest of the country.

Give the guy a fucking chance, lads. He's already explained out a business plan that sounds about a million times more thought out than most of the idiots who decide to have a go at running a wrestling fed in this county. Plus, he's actually negotiated a tv deal, something most would love to do but don't have the connections or legitimacy to pull off.

If the show is shit and gets no viewers, it'll go down the pan. But if what he's effectively getting is sponsorship money for a show because it's being filmed and then put on tv, at no cost to him particularly, it sounds like it's worth a bash.

• Paid Members
Just a word of advice to the wrestling promoters on here. If you want to give advice, do it via PM. There's nothing worse than reading "my large fan base" and "I know you are new to this". Especially since the OP is actually got his ducks in a row and will be on TV. Good luck to him.

Well, quite. It's a predictable queue of people that line up to stick the boot into the latest Britwres promoter hopeful, usually headed by fludder and Khemical, who are so quick off the mark in threads like this that I can only presume they camp outside the UK Events forum waiting for such an opportunity.

Archived