DOA Wrestling on Fitness TV

super b

Well the Twitter/Facebook were launched when we launched on the 2nd of November and getting fans takes time. The website is under construction currently. This is not a joke and this will be going ahead at a new venue. Unfortunately we have been forced to move away from Gorleston due to problems with WAW but as soon as a new venue is found we shall announce it and also announce more matches for the card. Every Twitter/Facebook only had 50 odd fans at one point in time. That will grow im sure. We havnt even run a show yet so please dont make any quick judgements until we have shown what we can do. We are working on a great card for our debut show including some of the countries very top talents. And to repeat a previous statement, we are NOT paying to air the show and we would NEVER pay to air the show as that would not be financially beneficial. If anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask and I shall answer them all. Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super B, this is not a dig but just my views. If you put a great product on TV with a packed out venue and awesome graphics and camera work then you will get my respect. If you put shit on TV using guys I use in front of 40 people with poor effects then you harm the progress wrestling in the UK is making. I draw 500+ and could go on TV tomorrow but I dont as we want to make the product on a whole look good. It is not good enough in the way it is now and I would say its the best footage in the UK.

An example of my match footage -

Also the type of graphics we will use on TV -

If you can match or do better than the above then you have my support.

Also what is your past in wrestling, how many UK shows have you seen and where? Have you ever run a show? And in the real world what experience do you have in running a business and controlling P&L?

Like I say its not a dig. I just want to know more and decide if you do have the skills and experience to make it work or your just another to say they can do it but it never seems to click.

Either way good luck :)

Ah, the great modern BritWres tradition of promoters running before they can walk. I don't get why, with a fair few long-standing promotions in this country, that enthusiastic and talented newcomers don't use their skills to help bolster these promotions, instead of doing it themselves. It's surely for the best, as if a promoter's been around for that long, they must be doing something right. Not an individual/personal dig, more a general observation. Oh, and another one - it seems every 'major' new promoter uses the same guys. So what's the point in making a new promotion to house them? See prior comment.

Ah, the great modern BritWres tradition of promoters running before they can walk. I don't get why, with a fair few long-standing promotions in this country, that enthusiastic and talented newcomers don't use their skills to help bolster these promotions, instead of doing it themselves. It's surely for the best, as if a promoter's been around for that long, they must be doing something right. Not an individual/personal dig, more a general observation. Oh, and another one - it seems every 'major' new promoter uses the same guys. So what's the point in making a new promotion to house them? See prior comment.

See 18months ago I was one of those that come from out of nowhere and I feel im doing well. But I have not put my product on TV so this is an even bigger risk than I took. It could work but why will people attend if it can be seen on tv? Look at UKW?

Moreso, why will people watch if WWE is on TV?

A kid can watch WWE TV anytime. They can't watch live wrestling anytime though...

Why do TNA go on TV? Why do ROH want to go on TV? Why am I looking at it? Exposure. Same with football. You can watch it live so why do 2nd division clubs want to be on TV? The more your seen the more money it generates if done right.

Each is a fair point. Would you consider then changing the promotion name as it's regional?

I dont intend to tour and its set in Preston. Like Eastenders is set in the East End. To me the name is essential and helped our growth. To say where we are and what we are is so easy to do. For example where and what is DOA Wrestling?

Super B, this is not a dig but just my views. If you put a great product on TV with a packed out venue and awesome graphics and camera work then you will get my respect. If you put shit on TV using guys I use in front of 40 people with poor effects then you harm the progress wrestling in the UK is making. I draw 500+ and could go on TV tomorrow but I dont as we want to make the product on a whole look good. It is not good enough in the way it is now and I would say its the best footage in the UK.

An example of my match footage -

Also the type of graphics we will use on TV -

If you can match or do better than the above then you have my support.

Also what is your past in wrestling, how many UK shows have you seen and where? Have you ever run a show? And in the real world what experience do you have in running a business and controlling P&L?

Like I say its not a dig. I just want to know more and decide if you do have the skills and experience to make it work or your just another to say they can do it but it never seems to click.

Either way good luck :)

If I am entirely honest I do not have an extensive wrestling background but I do have some very experienced people helping me with this project. I am the money guy essentially. We have generated sponsorship that will cover all venue costs and production costs (of great quality). I have previously promoted in Live Music and have ran that business very successfully for 6 years. I have attended wrestling shows all over the country and I am familiar with alot of the current wrestlers on the scene. I intend to build an audience and it is the greatest importance that the show looks good on TV and the camera work and graphics are top notch. I know that nobody will believe it until they see and it is my belief that I will prove myself in an already competitive BritWres scene. I am familiar with PCW and love what you are doing and think you put on great shows and I appreciate feedback and will take it on board. I also can guarantee that I would not be putting my hard earned money into this if I wasnt completely convinced that this can work. The venue was selected by our production team MA Action as they had filmed MMA there and thought it would be great for wrestling. Obviously we overlooked the WAW situation and that has now been resolved. We are not the victims in that situation and I never said that we were. We made an error and have apologised and fixed the error. I am willing to be personally accountable for anything DOA Wrestling does and in that situation I held my hands up and said I got it wrong. I hope that people will give us a chance to prove ourselves.

It is not good enough in the way it is now and I would say its the best footage in the UK.

Pretty bold statement. Don't get me wrong not saying it's bad, but I wouldn't say it's the best. I just think the ringside cam could be better, the steadycam is a nice touch but it just feels a bit wide.

It is not good enough in the way it is now and I would say its the best footage in the UK.

Pretty bold statement. Don't get me wrong not saying it's bad, but I wouldn't say it's the best. I just think the ringside cam could be better, the steadycam is a nice touch but it just feels a bit wide.

Show me better in HD please?

Archived