DOA Wrestling on Fitness TV

super b

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RQW's footage was excellent quality, wasn't it? Didn't mean many people wanted to watch the product. Not saying that either your product or RQW's isn't/wasn't watchable.

See my point is the UK standard goes from really bad to average. PCW is the better end of the scale. My product does not need big sponsors to pump money in. To me it would require little or no cost to put a show together due to the set up we have in place. Its about making money not spending either my money or anybody else's cash without a possible return.

I watch a lot of British wrestling and I am looking forward to be able to see Travis, Stixx, T-Bone and also other guys like LJ Heron, Chuck Cyrus and Danny Chase on tv on a weekly basis. Plus Fludder99 you obviously came out of nowhere as you said and you have made things work. I love all the PCW events that you have put on and think you have one of the best products in the country at the moment.

Surely we as fans should be pleased that British wrestling is getting back on tv, but instead we want to pick fault with it before it has even been seen. I know Super B and know the time and effort that has been put in so far to making sure this is a worthwhile venture, and not just some poor attempt that damages the UK scene.

I know this has been seen time and time before, where a new promotion surfaces and puts on some shows then just disappears. But I am confident that the plans we have and the setup we have in place will stop that from adding us to that list.

In answer to why people should come out when it will be on tv anyway. I can see that point of view and competely understand. But why do people go to ROH tapings, why do people go to TNA tapings, why go to WWE taping. It's gonna be on tv anyway so why spend the money to go. Now I am not comparing what we have to WWE or TNA or ROH because they are big established companies. But what I am trying to say is that if we want British wrestling to get back to a decent level then we need to make it look good. I don't think anything beats being at a show live. Watching it back on DVD or tv just isn't quite the same.

In the same vein why go to a PCW show or an RPW show live when you can buy the DVD? You go because of the atmosphere and because nothing beats watching good wrestling live.

I personally believe that DOA has the potential to make big waves but please come and see what we have to offer on the 27th January before writing us off, or forming an opinion about DOA Wrestling

Super B, this is not a dig but just my views. If you put a great product on TV with a packed out venue and awesome graphics and camera work then you will get my respect. If you put shit on TV using guys I use in front of 40 people with poor effects then you harm the progress wrestling in the UK is making. I draw 500+ and could go on TV tomorrow but I dont as we want to make the product on a whole look good. It is not good enough in the way it is now and I would say its the best footage in the UK.

An example of my match footage -

Also the type of graphics we will use on TV -

If you can match or do better than the above then you have my support.

Also what is your past in wrestling, how many UK shows have you seen and where? Have you ever run a show? And in the real world what experience do you have in running a business and controlling P&L?

Like I say its not a dig. I just want to know more and decide if you do have the skills and experience to make it work or your just another to say they can do it but it never seems to click.

Either way good luck :)

If I am entirely honest I do not have an extensive wrestling background but I do have some very experienced people helping me with this project. I am the money guy essentially. We have generated sponsorship that will cover all venue costs and production costs (of great quality). I have previously promoted in Live Music and have ran that business very successfully for 6 years. I have attended wrestling shows all over the country and I am familiar with alot of the current wrestlers on the scene. I intend to build an audience and it is the greatest importance that the show looks good on TV and the camera work and graphics are top notch. I know that nobody will believe it until they see and it is my belief that I will prove myself in an already competitive BritWres scene. I am familiar with PCW and love what you are doing and think you put on great shows and I appreciate feedback and will take it on board. I also can guarantee that I would not be putting my hard earned money into this if I wasnt completely convinced that this can work. The venue was selected by our production team MA Action as they had filmed MMA there and thought it would be great for wrestling. Obviously we overlooked the WAW situation and that has now been resolved. We are not the victims in that situation and I never said that we were. We made an error and have apologised and fixed the error. I am willing to be personally accountable for anything DOA Wrestling does and in that situation I held my hands up and said I got it wrong. I hope that people will give us a chance to prove ourselves.

Im not questioning who you are listening to and or the level of experience they may have but if these guys are as expierenced as you claim then why did they not advise you to not shit on a well established promotions doorstep. Its not like The Knight family or WAW are an unknown in British wrestling circles and infact are one of the most prominant promotions in british wrestling today.

I just find it bemusing that this was overlooked.

• Moderators

If Ron and Don are involved I hope the company has a house fire.

But again, is there any point having a fed just for TV? A UK fed having TV will achieve nothing, there's not the money in it to justify having weekly TV unless you're running a full weekend schedule and want to plug that. It's just money mark silliness otherwise.

I watch a lot of British wrestling and I am looking forward to be able to see Travis, Stixx, T-Bone and also other guys like LJ Heron, Chuck Cyrus and Danny Chase on tv on a weekly basis. Plus Fludder99 you obviously came out of nowhere as you said and you have made things work. I love all the PCW events that you have put on and think you have one of the best products in the country at the moment.

Surely we as fans should be pleased that British wrestling is getting back on tv, but instead we want to pick fault with it before it has even been seen. I know Super B and know the time and effort that has been put in so far to making sure this is a worthwhile venture, and not just some poor attempt that damages the UK scene.

I know this has been seen time and time before, where a new promotion surfaces and puts on some shows then just disappears. But I am confident that the plans we have and the setup we have in place will stop that from adding us to that list.

In answer to why people should come out when it will be on tv anyway. I can see that point of view and competely understand. But why do people go to ROH tapings, why do people go to TNA tapings, why go to WWE taping. It's gonna be on tv anyway so why spend the money to go. Now I am not comparing what we have to WWE or TNA or ROH because they are big established companies. But what I am trying to say is that if we want British wrestling to get back to a decent level then we need to make it look good. I don't think anything beats being at a show live. Watching it back on DVD or tv just isn't quite the same.

In the same vein why go to a PCW show or an RPW show live when you can buy the DVD? You go because of the atmosphere and because nothing beats watching good wrestling live.

I personally believe that DOA has the potential to make big waves but please come and see what we have to offer on the 27th January before writing us off, or forming an opinion about DOA Wrestling

How long have you been involved in the wrestling business??

I have been involved doing different things for a year and a half now.

Super B, this is not a dig but just my views. If you put a great product on TV with a packed out venue and awesome graphics and camera work then you will get my respect. If you put shit on TV using guys I use in front of 40 people with poor effects then you harm the progress wrestling in the UK is making. I draw 500+ and could go on TV tomorrow but I dont as we want to make the product on a whole look good. It is not good enough in the way it is now and I would say its the best footage in the UK.

An example of my match footage -

Also the type of graphics we will use on TV -

If you can match or do better than the above then you have my support.

Also what is your past in wrestling, how many UK shows have you seen and where? Have you ever run a show? And in the real world what experience do you have in running a business and controlling P&L?

Like I say its not a dig. I just want to know more and decide if you do have the skills and experience to make it work or your just another to say they can do it but it never seems to click.

Either way good luck :)

If I am entirely honest I do not have an extensive wrestling background but I do have some very experienced people helping me with this project. I am the money guy essentially. We have generated sponsorship that will cover all venue costs and production costs (of great quality). I have previously promoted in Live Music and have ran that business very successfully for 6 years. I have attended wrestling shows all over the country and I am familiar with alot of the current wrestlers on the scene. I intend to build an audience and it is the greatest importance that the show looks good on TV and the camera work and graphics are top notch. I know that nobody will believe it until they see and it is my belief that I will prove myself in an already competitive BritWres scene. I am familiar with PCW and love what you are doing and think you put on great shows and I appreciate feedback and will take it on board. I also can guarantee that I would not be putting my hard earned money into this if I wasnt completely convinced that this can work. The venue was selected by our production team MA Action as they had filmed MMA there and thought it would be great for wrestling. Obviously we overlooked the WAW situation and that has now been resolved. We are not the victims in that situation and I never said that we were. We made an error and have apologised and fixed the error. I am willing to be personally accountable for anything DOA Wrestling does and in that situation I held my hands up and said I got it wrong. I hope that people will give us a chance to prove ourselves.

Im not questioning who you are listening to and or the level of experience they may have but if these guys are as expierenced as you claim then why did they not advise you to not shit on a well established promotions doorstep. Its not like The Knight family or WAW are an unknown in British wrestling circles and infact are one of the most prominant promotions in british wrestling today.

I just find it bemusing that this was overlooked.

As I have said the venue was chosen by our production company rather than ourselves. It was not a great situation to have to change it so quickly after the launch but whats done is done and we hold our hands up to the mistake. The "experienced" people involved have a combined time in wrestling of over 40 years and they are remaining annonymous for the time being as they will be announced as part of the show in a few weeks. As we have schedule for announcements. We believe in the product we are going to be putting on. We will be featuring great talent, at a great venue with great production. We know its a small channel on Sky but surely if a show can be successful on a small channel it increases the chances of a bigger channel giving british wrestling a chance. We are not paying to be on TV and therefore there is no additional costs to us to put the show on TV but by being on TV our income increases through additional sponsors. We have a sound business plan in place as hope for the chance to prove ourselves.

I watch a lot of British wrestling and I am looking forward to be able to see Travis, Stixx, T-Bone and also other guys like LJ Heron, Chuck Cyrus and Danny Chase on tv on a weekly basis. Plus Fludder99 you obviously came out of nowhere as you said and you have made things work. I love all the PCW events that you have put on and think you have one of the best products in the country at the moment.Surely we as fans should be pleased that British wrestling is getting back on tv, but instead we want to pick fault with it before it has even been seen. I know Super B and know the time and effort that has been put in so far to making sure this is a worthwhile venture, and not just some poor attempt that damages the UK scene.I know this has been seen time and time before, where a new promotion surfaces and puts on some shows then just disappears. But I am confident that the plans we have and the setup we have in place will stop that from adding us to that list.In answer to why people should come out when it will be on tv anyway. I can see that point of view and competely understand. But why do people go to ROH tapings, why do people go to TNA tapings, why go to WWE taping. It's gonna be on tv anyway so why spend the money to go. Now I am not comparing what we have to WWE or TNA or ROH because they are big established companies. But what I am trying to say is that if we want British wrestling to get back to a decent level then we need to make it look good. I don't think anything beats being at a show live. Watching it back on DVD or tv just isn't quite the same. In the same vein why go to a PCW show or an RPW show live when you can buy the DVD? You go because of the atmosphere and because nothing beats watching good wrestling live.I personally believe that DOA has the potential to make big waves but please come and see what we have to offer on the 27th January before writing us off, or forming an opinion about DOA Wrestling

So it's another company run by a group of trainees. Jesus Christ. Just stop now.

So it's another company run by a group of trainees. Jesus Christ. Just stop now.

The post asking if we were paying to be on TV has been edited so it looks like im answering nobody. And no trainees are running this show. The guy who posted is a friend of mine who is currently training to be a wrestler and so as a friend he knows alot about whats happening. He is not running this and has no decision making power at all.

As Super B said I am not running this, I know I am 100% too inexperienced to even consider running this sort of thing. But as his friend and a wrestling fan I have seen what's happened and where it's right given suggestions.

I merely wanted to come on here and try and put across another view point whilst he wasn't online.

As for the paying to be on TV comment, I have seen it accused in other places as well as on here and Super B just wants to make sure that everyone knows that he is not paying to be on Fitness TV.

Archived