DOA Wrestling on Fitness TV

super b

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Each is a fair point. Would you consider then changing the promotion name as it's regional?

I dont intend to tour and its set in Preston. Like Eastenders is set in the East End. To me the name is essential and helped our growth.

You could always take it national with the right celeb endorsement!

tumblr_lwkagbanE61qehqxwo1_500.jpg

billy-preston.jpg

9780007123704.jpg

We are confident in what we are doing. Like I said we have people with alot of experience helping with this project and I believe in their judgement, as they believe in mine. We are using a company that has filmed wrestling before and all the footage looked topped quality and I have seen all the graphics that are set for our launch and again they are of the highest standard. I am also very familiar with all telent booked and so I have every confidence that the matches will deliver. We have considered running shows before going to TV but we wanted to start this as a TV promotion with the intention of keeping it that way.

• Moderators

Is it possible to actually be profitable as a TV-only promotion over here? I mean it's not like NBC Universal are going to be paying big money for the rights to the show, need to sort out your production costs, ring hire if you don't own one, actually pay your talent. I'm not sure it's a great business model.

We have negotiated everything. We have a great price for our ring hire, negotiated talent costs (and no we are not one of the promotions who will be getting "free" talent) and also factored in all production costs. We have several sponsors involved that will be covering alot of those costs. And without TV those sponsors would not be interested in the shows. Its a sound business model that has taken a LONG time to plan out and iron our all the kinks.

• Paid Members
Is it possible to actually be profitable as a TV-only promotion over here? I mean it's not like NBC Universal are going to be paying big money for the rights to the show, need to sort out your production costs, ring hire if you don't own one, actually pay your talent. I'm not sure it's a great business model.

Nope. The only viable business model is to use the TV show to increase your live audience and sell more DVDs and merch (which you don't have). You won't make any money from advertising because a) The TV channel still owns the slot because you didnt pay for it and b) You can get viewing figures in the thousands and it may still register as zero official figures. Herbie covered this lots of times with The Wrestling Channel

• Paid Members
We have negotiated everything. We have a great price for our ring hire, negotiated talent costs (and no we are not one of the promotions who will be getting "free" talent) and also factored in all production costs. We have several sponsors involved that will be covering alot of those costs. And without TV those sponsors would not be interested in the shows. Its a sound business model that has taken a LONG time to plan out and iron our all the kinks.

Well I do wish you the best of luck but I'm sure you will understand many being unsure as we have heard many things like this before.

Out of curiousity how did you decide on the talent you have booked , what shows do you attend to learn from and when is all of this due to start ?

The show will opperate the same way as any other promotion in that we shall put on a regular show in the same area of the country and attract fans the same way. The TV show will increase our visibility. We are able to bring more money in through having the TV show which obviously helps. We are not dilusional as to the benefits of being on a small channel. But our hope is that by producing a good show consistantly will increase the chances of getting onto a larger channel in the future. It costs us nothing extra to make the TV show but it does bring in extra money.

I completely understand everyones reluctancy to get excited or even believe in this until they see it with their own eyes but I hope we can prove the doubters wrong. I have attended shows across the country for many years and have seen alot of the great talent. I have also scouted out talent through watching hours of DVD footage. I have also like I said been discussing choices with my coleagues and making decisions as a team.

And this is due to start in January with the first TV taping on the last weekend in January. The debut of the show on TV will be 3 weeks later in February 2013.

As ive said they are not being named yet because they will be involved in the actual show and we have a schedule for our announcements. All will be revealed.

No offence dude, but that makes me think either they don't exist, or if they do they will elicit much "Oh fucking hell not him" from the regulars on here.

Archived