The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Butch Reed 2012

560245_479652428767657_19775255_n_zps4416c62c.jpg

Good for him. Definately doesn't look two decades older than when I last saw him in his few-week long WCW return in 1992. I'm guessing he's pushing 60 now. He also looks to have aged more gracefully than Simmons, which is surprising when you consider Simmons looked significantly better in their Doom days.

Edited by fraserbee

• Paid Members

I hate how he looks these days to be honest. He's not the Undertaker anymore. Characters can grow old. Gimmicks just look daft after a while. Rocky Balboa at 60 adds to the character of Rocky. More miles of the clock is good, because you can always relate to him. Rocky is like a real person. Real people get old. Where as if The Terminator came back, you'd want them to airbrush the fuck out of Arnie and get him on the gas. Austin, Triple H, The Rock, these guys can change and grow old and you look at them like real people. They can cut (or lose) their hair, get skinnier or fatter and they'll still look like real people. Undertaker is a gimmick wrestler. He's capable of setting fire to ring posts, but not keeping his hairline? Once the gimmick doesn't resemble anything recognisable from its original incarnation, its over. He's in grave (lol) danger of turning into a parody of himself if he continues on. He should never have cut his hair or he should have dropped the walking dead stuff.

What I'm trying to say is if he dies on his arse at WrestleMania and looks like a complete plank doing it, it would be far worse than if he had a shite match a few years back.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I get what you mean and i agree with Stanton on the ring shape comment. Yeah, i didn't like how things went last year, but the hair cut doesn't have to be such a massive thing, especially if he rocks the cowboy hat. For me, they had him and his presentation and the clear fact that he's aged and how that was presented down absolutely spot on 2 years ago with 'The Last Outlaw', Johnny Cash touches and whole general western feel. I absolutely loved that shit and think it is 100% the way to go with Undertakers current point of evolution. I was gutted there was none of that last year.

But that pic doesn't disturb like it does some of you lot and it sure as shit doesn't disturb me like that Mickie Knuckles pic does.

• Paid Members

If he'd have cut the hair years ago and established it on Smackdown every week then I might have got used to it. But he only turns up once a year. Its still not set in he looks so different. When I think of the Undertaker coming back I still think he's coming back as the long haired man in black. But he wont. He just looks a bit long in the tooth to be playing that character. Its the same with Shawn Michaels or Hulk Hogan or Bret Hart. They look pretty ridiculous, but you have to suffer for your art. Michaels is going bald, but if he chopped his hair off, he'd have looked like Rimmer off Red Dwarf in leather trousers. Bret and Hogan are the same. They might have ridiculous hair, but at least they still look they older versions of themselves. I always imagined Undertaker to be like Ox Baker or Stan Hansen. They kept the facial features that got them to the dance. Nobody wants to see Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley bald. That's why they wear wigs.

This is the Undertaker to me.

tumblr_m6rk7oJoiq1qmc87co1_500.jpg

This is a bloke who gets in the Borough in Sunderland on student night and is asked to leave.

Undertaker-photo.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Butch Reed looks great in that photo on the last page. Still looks like a man not to be fucked with as well.

It wouldn't happen because I suppose they aren't as well remembered as a lot of teams, but personally I'd love to see a one off Doom reunion. Seeing Reed and Simmons coming out with Teddy Long and kicking some arse in 2013 would warm my heart.

I'd far rather they try to establish new tag teams, even if you have to base it off a previous team like Doom. They're trying in NXT to put some teams together in their tag team tournament, more in a hope that something will click.

I'd be more than fine with they paired Big Zeke & Big E Langston in some kind of 'Doom-esque' team just beating the fuck out of people.