Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So, all these decades-old allegations now coming out - what's the crack with that, then? Did the police have information on them previously and just think 'naaaaaa, can't be arsed' until the need arose to overcompensate for inaction their over Savile, or are the alleged victims of all these unconnected celebrity oddballs all just conveniently coming forward with allegations at the same time?

I find the whole thing increasingly bizarre.

• Moderators
So, all these decades-old allegations now coming out - what's the crack with that, then? Did the police have information on them previously and just think 'naaaaaa, can't be arsed' until the need arose to overcompensate for inaction their over Savile, or are the alleged victims of all these unconnected celebrity oddballs all just conveniently coming forward with allegations at the same time?

I find the whole thing increasingly bizarre.

A lot of past victims now feel like they can come forward, without being laughed at or not taken seriously. Who the fuck in a position of power was listening to a 15-year-old girl's word vs. that of a celebrity in the sixties? It's not coincidence, more that it's a snowball effect. The more victims that come forwards, the more who were too afraid to before find the strength to do so themselves.

Coronation Street actor Bill Roache has been charged with two counts of raping a 15-year-old girl.

The 81-year-old actor, who has played Ken Barlow in the ITV soap since it began in 1960, is accused of twice raping the girl in 1967.

Well that saves me the trouble of clicking the link to that news on the previous page .

Archived