The Ryder Cup

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

What a fantastic comeback by the European boys. Persuaded my other half to watch it all with me as all they needed was a couple of wins to edge closer and then States could bottle it, I expected a fightback and States to win at the end but what a shock. Rose/Mickelson was the turning point for me. Fantastic.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well that was the best thing I've ever seen in sport. Amazing day. When Watson rolled his putt in on the first you just thought it was more of the same but gradually the whole team

started missing ones they'd been making the previous two days. Massive credit to Justin Rose for making three huge putts at the end.

Sky's coverage is great but I do wish they'd stop having Monty on, at least on commentary. The constant mentions of when he was playing and when he was Captain drive me mad, and it's not just the Ryder Cup it's when he does any of the big tournaments. I love Butch Harmon though. I think it's his sheer enthusiasm for the game, especially at 69 years old that means you can't help but like him.

I also had 40 euro on the Euros at 6/4 which made Molinari's half point meaning they actually won and not drew even sweeter. Great day.

• Paid Members
I couldnt stand Monty, constantly mentioning his achievements and past in the Ryder Cup.

Especially when he said how this eclipsed his victory as Ryder Cup captain. How dare he belittle his own achievements.

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Yeah baby! It's on its way and if it's half as good as 2012 it's going to be an amazing weekend. The finish to the last one was the most dramatic and amazing day of sport I've ever seen, absolutely incredible.

Booking those three days off, absolutely no doubt about it.

It will never live up to Medina. It just can't. Expecting a bit of a damp squib this time, I think we'll murder 'em.

I don't think anything could ever live up to Medina. But I don't think we'll murder them. USA are coming in with very little pressure and expectation and that could work in their favor. 

Already the media is going crazy over the McDowell McIlroy situation but like McGinley said they are hardly an unbeatable duo and I would expect they will be nothing but professional if they are paired up. Any predictions on the pairings? 

For the foursomes i'd imagine Rose & Poulter will be a stick on, be very surprised if they don't go out together put it that way.

Besides that i'd go with McIlroy/Garcia, Bjorn/Kaymer and Stenson/McDowell

I also don't think it's a shoe-in for Europe and 8/13 at the bookies is ridiculously short IMO. USA look to have a very steely determination about them. There hasn't been the usual hollaring to the media and they have a real, bonafide legend in captain who is an absolute gentleman to boot and they will all look up to having grown up watching.

Archived