Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

(That night there was also a taped Owen/Bulldog match which was used as a KOTR qualifier on Raw)

Was this common practice? Taking matches that were taped at previous events and treating them as part of Raw?

Had no idea that HBK/Mankind dark match from It's Time was finally getting released, always wanted to see that after them playing the footage of Michaels playing the arsehole in his entrance (spitting water, arrogant proto-DX sort of thing). Here's to any more bits they've still got locked in the archives finally making air. Bret Harr vs Tom Magee next??

Had no idea that HBK/Mankind dark match from It's Time was finally getting released, always wanted to see that after them playing the footage of Michaels playing the arsehole in his entrance (spitting water, arrogant proto-DX sort of thing). Here's to any more bits they've still got locked in the archives finally making air. Bret Harr vs Tom Magee next??

Its OK. Very short match - I prefer the HBK Vs Goldust match from Buried Alive.

• Paid Members

Just looked up the listings for that Attitude DVD and it looks quality. I might actually buy it and I don't think I've bought a WWE DVD since Silvervision stopped selling them.

DISC ONE:

Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (April 1996 - Germany)

The Undertaker vs Mankind (April 28 1996 - In Your House: Good Friends, Better Enemies non-televised dark match)

The Undertaker & Bret Hart vs Owen Hart & British Bulldog (May 12 1996 - Kuwait City)

Shawn Michaels vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (May 12 1996 - Kuwait City - WWE Championship)

Ultimate Warrior vs Owen Hart (May 19 1996 - Madison Square Garden)

The Undertaker vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (August 9 1996 - Madison Square Garden)

Shawn Michaels vs Goldust (October 20 1996 - In Your House: Buried Alive non-televised dark match - WWE Championship)

Shawn Michaels vs Mankind (December 15 1996 - In Your House: It's Time non-televised dark match)

DISC TWO:

Sycho Sid vs Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart (February 3 1997 - Raw non-televised dark match - WWE Championship Triple Threat match)

Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie vs Nation Of Domination (December 29 1997 - Raw non-televised dark match - 8 Man Tag)

The Rock vs Ken Shamrock (March 13 1998 - Anaheim, CA - Intercontinental Title)

Cactus Jack vs Billy Gunn (March 22 1998 - Madison Square Garden - Falls Count Anywhere match)

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Triple H (March 22 1998 - Madison Square Garden)

Triple H vs Big Show (June 26 1999 - Madison Square Garden)

Dudley Boyz vs Test & Albert (October 25 2000 - Wall St, New York City)

DISC THREE:

Yokozuna vs The Sultan (September 14 1996 - Sun City, South Africa)

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Goldust (December 15 1996 - In Your House: It's Time non-televised dark match)

The Undertaker, Ahmed Johnson & Goldust vs Nation Of Domination (March 17 1997 - Raw non-televised dark match - 6 Man Tag)

The Undertaker vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (June 14 1997 - Toronto, ON, Canada)

Shawn Michaels & Triple H vs Legion Of Doom (October 24 1997 - Uniondale, NY)

Stone Cold Steve Austin & Cactus Jack vs The Rock & D'Lo Brown (January 10 1998 - Madison Square Garden)

Stone Cold Steve Austin, Cactus Jack & Chainsaw Charlie vs The Rock & New Age Outlaws (February 22 1998 - Meadowlands, NJ)

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Triple H (March 13 1998 - Anaheim, CA)

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Undertaker (June 26 1999 - Madison Square Garden)

Hardy Boyz vs Lo Down (October 25 2000 - Wall St, New York City)

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES:

Shawn Michaels vs Mankind (January 25 1997 - Madison Square Garden - WWE Championship)

The Undertaker vs Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (June 28 1997 - Anaheim, CA - WWE Championship Triple Threat match)

Dude Love vs British Bulldog (October 24 1997 - Uniondale, NY - Long Island Street Fight)

Ken Shamrock & Owen Hart vs Faarooq & D'Lo Brown (February 22 1998 - Meadowlands, NJ)

Road Dogg vs Billy Gunn (July 31 1999 - Meadowlands, NJ - Dog Collar match)

Loads of stuff I'm interested in there. The Shawn matches with Mankind, Goldust and Austin, the early Bret vs Austin match from Germany, Austin vs Goldust, the Shawn/Sid/Bret and Taker/Bret/Austin triple threats etc. I wouldn't say most of these matches actually fall under the Attitude era but that's me being a pedantic prick. Looks a good set though.

That sounds like some kind of bizarre cross-generational match that would only be possible in a videogame. After seeing that I was half expecting one of the Blu-ray extras to be Cena vs Sammartino taped before an episode of Jakked/Metal.

Cheers for that match listing. It looks like loads of fun! I have an inkling to get it for myself at xmas for the novelty of watching a WWE set on xmas day like the old days. Not bought a DVD in years.

• Moderators

That sounds like some kind of bizarre cross-generational match that would only be possible in a videogame. After seeing that I was half expecting one of the Blu-ray extras to be Cena vs Sammartino taped before an episode of Jakked/Metal.

Non-stop jokes.

Well, I know who's posts I prefer reading.