Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Lita looked like she should be more attractive than she was, if that makes sense. She was no Trish or Mickie.

Trish Stratus. The shot of her cheeks wobbling on the apron when Test hit one of the Dudleys with a big boot. The tracking on my vhs of that ppv was ruined come that part.

trishpinkshorts2.gif

Just giving my sons bedroom a tidy and I noticed his WM 24 entrance set. It made me wonder why there aren't more Entrance play sets made. Sure, the majority are all just slight variations of Raw And Smackdown, but surely there would be BIG money to be made if they released a Wrestlemania play set every year, or even Raw and SD. Hell they released a bloody Punjabi Prison set and it was only used once ( thank Christ!). I know they have wee play sets for the Rumblers, but a big one would be great for them. Plus with a lot of kids having iPods, they have the music ready to play. Or the set could come loaded with a dozen tracks or so.....

• Paid Members

Sable was the hottest woman on the planet when I was 14. I cant express enough how big of a draw she had to have been. Me and my mates would just watch it for her half the time. "Fuck Live Wire, Sable wont get 'em out on that". If she was in Raw magazine, I'd buy it and get 4 in before I went to school. Trish and Torrie would blow her out of the water eventually, but Sable had massive appeal to lads my age at the time. Even when she came back in 2003 she was still on top form. That Judgement Day 2003 pay-per-view. Sable and Torrie had some competition with Roddy Piper that night, but they had the more wazzo pair of jugs. Not by a long distance, but just edging it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I know we have a youtube thread for this, but its worth posting here. Bret Hart begins crying talking about Hulk Hogan slagging him off on a DVD at a Manchester Q&A. Fucking hell, lad. Bret's really fucked these days. He seems like a wreck. The room seems to go very uncomfortable. Like that "very, very drunk" bloke in the Fast Show.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

They were both alright, but the Khali/Batista one was particularly great. Khali had some belters around that time actually, the Batista and Cena feuds were pretty ripe for quality (okay, to most people...watchable) content, and inarguably one of HHH's finest ever one-man shows came at Summerslam in 08. Fuck all the belts he won, that was the real moment he was Flair-like.

• Moderators
I know we have a youtube thread for this, but its worth posting here. Bret Hart begins crying talking about Hulk Hogan slagging him off on a DVD at a Manchester Q&A. Fucking hell, lad. Bret's really fucked these days. He seems like a wreck. The room seems to go very uncomfortable. Like that "very, very drunk" bloke in the Fast Show.

At the Comedy Store too, amazing.

"A night of laffs with the Hitman!"

I don't think that's bad. Bret comes across well, gets applauded more than once. He's hardly sobbing, just emotional. He's a deep bloke, and there's nothing wrong getting deep at a Q and A. That's what they're all about. What the fans pay to see. Not like a Sting or anything.

• Paid Members

"Never one of the boys"...

You could hear his soul die, it was like someone saying 'I don't believe in fairies' in front of tinkerbell. Or how my dad felt after traveling 150 miles to collect a 5 foot Michael Jackson cardboard cut out for me as a surprise gift, only for the man in the mirror to hit the front cover of the daily mirror 3 days later, after dowsing bairnes in Jesus juice.

Yeah... That's exactly how bret feels.

It's amazing just how many guys passed through WCW at one point or another. Still, I reckoned I was probably aware of all the name guys by now; Turns out was mistaken, as I was watching some Power Hour earlier, and stumbled across The Minotaur!

Interesting character too, he had a cracking look. A bit like Rhyno crossed with Mesias. And he had a beast of a clothesline, which endeared him to me , even if he was a bit shit, which he may or may not have been.

I'm now re-evaluating - there's still probably dozens of guys who came in for a couple of weeks hidden away on Pro and Power Hour that i'm not aware of. The revolving door and their willingness just to throw guys in was one of the things that made WCW so interesting, and was in stark contrast to the WWF where everyone knows everyone who appeared, even one-offs.