Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Someone's scanned up the itinerary they gave to the wrestlers and crew when they came over for Summerslam 92.

http://imgur.com/a/AoyBD

I'm assuming the L.Henning is Larry, was he an agent with WWF at the time?

Just read Jim Duggan's book and he mentioned taking his dad over there so don't know if the company let a few of them bring guests. J Hart I would also assume to be Julie which I seem to remember being mentioned in Bret's book.

Was Tony Chimel working there as early as that or is T Chimel someone else??

Someone's scanned up the itinerary they gave to the wrestlers and crew when they came over for Summerslam 92.

Not sure if he was working there. But remember reading in power slam that he was introduced to the live crowd to a poor reaction.

Just read Jim Duggan's book and he mentioned taking his dad over there so don't know if the company let a few of them bring guests. J Hart I would also assume to be Julie which I seem to remember being mentioned in Bret's book.

Jimmy Hart surely?!?

I think Chimmy started in the mid 80's at or around the same time as Chioda and Joey Marella.

Guys like Chimmy, Chioda and Taker have racked up some air miles!

I'm sure he announced house shows for many moons before he regularly got on TV. A rare TV appearance for him was UK Rampage 93.

• Moderators

The most depressing thing in the world is Gorgeous George from WCW's Facebook. She's currently on the lookout for a DVD OR VCR for her house, along with curtains and a lamp and stuff.. Tonight she's doing Tarot Cards and "Sex Toy Bingo".

She's still fit though, even though her statuses give off a drab existence.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Anybody know if this was true about Owen Hart's death?

> It was also revealed that Owen had inadvertantly saved the life of Mexican Luchadore Max Mini, because the original idea was for Owen to hold on to Max, who would also be dressed as a "Blue Blazer", as a "mini-me", but Owen refused to take responsibility for another person's life.
Edited by bAzTNM#1

Anybody know if this was true about Owen Hart's death?

> It was also revealed that Owen had inadvertantly saved the life of Mexican Luchadore Max Mini, because the original idea was for Owen to hold on to Max, who would also be dressed as a "Blue Blazer", as a "mini-me", but Owen refused to take responsibility for another person's life.

There has always been mentions of a mini wrestler proposed to being with him that day. I haven't heard anything about Owen being the one to say no - although he possibly did, or the company decided against it, or the mini for that matter.

• Paid Members

Was the "Piss Break" part where they introduced all the legends to the Wembley crowd ever confirmed? Larry Hennig was one they supposedly brought out. JNLister would know.

EDIT: Already confirmed by the great Moofasa above.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Was the "Piss Break" part where they introduced all the legends to the Wembley crowd ever confirmed? Larry Hennig was one they supposedly brought out. JNLister would know.

EDIT: Already confirmed by the great Moofasa above.

The only other legend they introduced that I can remember was Freddie Blassie. Bit of a strange thing to do over here, hardly anyone knew who anyone was.

I started listening to the Quackenbush episode of Art of wrestling this morning in the car on the way into work and after Colt's ads/sponsors, I only got 10 or so mins into it. I know nothing of Quackenbush or Chikara, but Colt put in the synopsis that he closed Chikara for a year to develop a storyline? Can anyone here elaborate as Colt and Quackenbush seem to be chatting as if the listener already knows about this. I'd like to be a bit more clued in before i go home and put this thing back on

• Paid Members

Quackenbush shagged one of his female students, his financial backer of a wife caught him and then filed for divorce thus having to shut down Chikara as he tried to find a way to keep it alive. All this "shut down Chikara as an artistic statement" is wrestling spin doctoring.

Quackenbush shagged one of his female students, his financial backer of a wife caught him and then filed for divorce thus having to shut down Chikara as he tried to find a way to keep it alive. All this "shut down Chikara as an artistic statement" is wrestling spin doctoring.

what's the spin exactly that he's tried to tell? was it like "i'd rather shut down the company than give you a title shot" sort of spin. can't think of how else it could be spun