Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Like Butch I always maintain WCW was starting to turn the corner just when Vince bought it, once they got a bit of order going bumped Jarrett down a bit and that it made for really good t.v in 2001. Would have been interesting to see Bischoff bring back all the big stars he had planned but I suppose he might not have been able to resist turning it into another nWo angle.

I loved this period of WCW, the Magnificent Seven angle was great and Steiner was proving himself to be a fantastic top level heel. His review of Sid coming off the top rope whilst snapping chicken leg bones and proclaiming it was his aura that forced the horrific injury was epic.

There were other great stand out moments for me during this period too.

Roadwarrior Animal's completely random return, although odd, sort of worked, especially when he faced Kidman and Rey with the strangely aligned Chavo Guerrero and powerslammed the fuck out of one the little bleeders.

Kronik were great in their rip off of the APA.

DDP forming with Nash as The Insiders worked.

Old man Dusty and Flair worked.

Lance Storm was for some reason getting a stellar push and looked to be going on to possibly be a credible champ, he was just aligning himself with Flair when it went wrong.

God that was a great time, and makes me really want to know how it would have panned out had it continued.

• Paid Members

Just had a quick scan, and saw this:

The source admits that internal polling allegedly suggests that WWE fans are more interested in a CM Punk vs. Undertaker match than a John Cena vs. Rock rematch.

Now I'm not the biggest Cena fan, (not knocking him or anything), and admittedly I do like CM Punk more as a wrestler.

Story wise though, John Cena is the only person left, (whom hasnt challenged 'Taker), whom I could ever see winning a match. And of course if anything, It'd probably be a decent match as well.

As such I of course would LOVE to see a Cena/Taker match next year (or ever), and from what I've seen from this forum/other sites and from personal friends, many many others would rather see a Cena/Taker match as well.

• Paid Members
The source admits that internal polling allegedly suggests that WWE fans are more interested in a CM Punk vs. Undertaker match than a John Cena vs. Rock rematch.

Now I'm not the biggest Cena fan, (not knocking him or anything), and admittedly I do like CM Punk more as a wrestler.

Story wise though, John Cena is the only person left, (whom hasnt challenged 'Taker), whom I could ever see winning a match. And of course if anything, It'd probably be a decent match as well.

As such I of course would LOVE to see a Cena/Taker match next year (or ever), and from what I've seen from this forum/other sites and from personal friends, many many others would rather see a Cena/Taker match as well.

But the query posed is whether or not you'd prefer to see Rock/Cena over Punk/Taker

• Paid Members
You should of gone to Specsavers ;)

Whilst I may have just been mildly "whooshed"....

Is that just a bad joke generally poking fun a my clearly terrible eyesight and inability to read, in a generic elbow nudging way of trying to get an acceptable laugh, or my general over-use of the incorrect grammatical term "Should of", (as opposed to the correct Should've / Should have) ?

Want to drive yourself fucking insane? Here's a two hour retrospective of the first 9 months of WCW in the year 2000 made for the Japanese market (I think).

Fucking hell. Just fucking hell. My head is so in bits right now after sitting through that. It's driven me barmy. I know it's an edited thing, but trust me, I don't remember it making much more sense at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yApQl9whGLY

I watched this last night, incredible stuff. A real eye-opener to me as I haven't seen a great deal from the period. As you say it's edited which just tops up the madness I reckon, rather than creates it. It's like a whole attitude era worth of bullshit every week plus the added bonus of shoots brother.

Anyway I think my thoughts can best be summed up by pointing out these moments/quotes that I picked out and started jotting down when I realised there was some gold in there

- "Hulk Hogan...Terry Bollea if you will" said by Schiavone for no apparent reason while Hogan is in the parking lot

- "Welcome back to what may be Eric Bischoff's last night on earth"

- "It's the Ultimate Swerve, 42ft in the air!"

- Here's an example of the editing topping up the madness. Nash and Jarrett are wrestling *clip jumps* Scott Steiner handcuffed to ropes.

- Blood comes down *misses Nash* Nash steps back so he's under the blood.

- "He suckerpunched his father with the statue of liberty."

- "It's inches deep in the ring, the new blood of Vince Russo."

- "The pressure from the red substance has wiped the referee out."

- "They are trying to shave the head of Reid Flair."

- "Steve Borden is a father."

- "I think we're deviating from the script here."

- Another editing bit. Goldberg turns on Nash, Steiner turns on Nash, Goldberg and Steiner turn on each other.

- " If in fact the Jackknife Powerbomb was part of this design, what are they gonna do now, Improvise?"

- "We got people going into business for themselves all over the place."

- *clip jumps* Nash and Steiner are with Russo

- Voiceover on advert " At New Blood Rising WCW's biggest star did the unimaginable and refused to follow the script...At Fall Brawl two monster go fist to fist with no script."

That last one was particularly shocking considering it was a PPV ad. That is just from a 2 hour sum-up, christ knows what it'd be like from all year. The really mental thing is I'd quite like to find out :laugh: so it must have something going for it. God bless wrestling.

Edited by Baz Windham

Testimant to how fuck good Goldberg vs Steiner was at that PPV, it completely over shadowed the nonsense storyline leading up to it. Steiner was at his best here, and anybody who ever says Bill Goldberg can't wrestle needs to watch this match and take their own life.