15004 replies to this topic

#15001 Undefeated Steak

Undefeated Steak

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:41

Speaking of ages, when Hogan came over in 2002 I thought he was ancient. Goldberg's the same age as Hogan was then, and Triple H is only a year or two younger. I know I'm older now but still, I don't think of Goldberg or Hunter as being *that* old. 

#15002 The Clint

The Clint

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:43

Yeah 1998 was full of shitty ideas that thankfully never came to fruition. Like Mero being booked into the main event picture with Austin. It was only after they had Sable power bomb Mero then apparently Austin told them to fuck off with the idea. Mero was no threat to anyone after that. 

#15003 Louch

Louch

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:12

Wwf had programmed everyone for years that hogan was old and past it, so back then it was much easier to see him that way.

#15004 tiger_rick

tiger_rick

Veteran

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:10

Wwf had programmed everyone for years that hogan was old and past it, so back then it was much easier to see him that way.

He looked like 60 year old and moved like a 70 year old. There was no misconception. Hulk was never an athlete, it wasn't his strength.

#15005 WyattSheepMask

WyattSheepMask

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:31

I think another thing that separates this Goldberg return from Hogan is that your not having that 'passing the torch' aspect to it. Hogan v Rock was much old v new, whereas Goldberg v Lesnar have that faced eachother before and were from similar eras