Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

If the Rumble is running 4 hours could it be they're toying with a Raw Rumble and a Smackdown Rumble match? I wonder how they'll deal with the commentary for the duel brand PPV matches now. You reckon we're going to have all six of them calling the matches like they did with that Rumble a couple of years ago? Saxton & Otunga would surely be surplus to requirements?

Triple H has always been out of place in pretty much any team or stable he's been in, not a knock on him but it's true I reckon

DX - HBK's posh mate

Babyface DX - Sad older brother to the cool lads

Corporate Ministry - wore a leather jacket and black glasses because that obviously shows how evil you are

Team with Austin - been obsessed with World title for two years, suddenly happy to play second fiddle to Austin

Evolution - saw a photo on Twitter that made me think of this post, the other 3 look cool as fuck, he looks like some dickhead villain from an '80's comedy

DX '06 - embarrassing 40 year old bloke acting less mature than he did roughly a decade earlier with shite jokes and absolutely none of the edginess of the original run, HBK not wanting to do anything distasteful didn't help, sold a shit load of shirts though

As I say this isn't a knock on him, his run from January to July of 2000 is one of the best heel runs ever and he's had plenty of great matches, He's just looks terrible next to anyone he teams with

15 from Raw, 15 from SmackDown, 5 from NXT and 5 TBDs who can be surprises. That'd be alright. The last 40-man one holds up on a rewatch (check my review in the Review A Royal Rumble thread!) because of the way they almost split the stories of the match into sections or chapters - the Nexus bit, the Cena bit, etc.

Yeah I love that match. And it's running on DIESEL POWER and was the catalyst for Nash booting Punk at SummerSlam that year, which for all the garbage it became is still up there with the streak ending and One Night Stand for the most fun I've ever had watching live wrestling.

• Paid Members

It was just a thought, to be honest. That was the first thought that came to mind when I saw the idea for a 4 hour Rumble. They'd be chock full of some nobodies if such a thing did happen.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Two tag matches, two women's matches a cruiserweight thing and two world/universal matches and then an hour for the rumble.

With them making the tag teams and Women more apart of the show would it make sense for the champions to face each other at Wrestlemania? I know they used to cut some of those title matches from Mania but like happens in all the big American sports, one champion from one division, league conference or whatever faces the other champion in the play offs, world series, super bowl? I understand them not doing a World Vs Universal because of the Rumble winner getting a shot, then you just crown new champions again like earlier this year.

The 40 man Rumble was excellent. Probably the least predictable ever as well. Anyone who says they expected Alberto or Santino in the final two is lying.

I dunno like - it was widely expected that Del Rio was going to win, aye didnt expect Santino in the final 2 but that made it even more obvious who was going to win.

I always thought Hogan -the 80s cartoon villain that he is- was in the wrong once I heard he only took the Michaels match if HBK was a heel, but that gave us an excellent matured heel HBK run that we probably didn't get enough of and probably helped the match too, even if it was largely shaped by Shawn's sulking. Still Hogan should never be going over there

Thinking though, was that Hogan's last proper WWE match or do I remember him pissing about with Orton afterwards to no real prevail? If so, it's a bit mad we got Hogan/Orton but never Hogan/Cena

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

I always thought Hogan -the 80s cartoon villain that he is- was in the wrong once I heard he only took the Michaels match if HBK was a heel, but that gave us an excellent matured heel HBK run that we probably didn't get enough of and probably helped the match too, even if it was largely shaped by Shawn's sulking. Still Hogan should never be going over there

Why? Hogan going over was the obvious choice and the right one.