Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I was looking at this weeks DVD releases and noticed these two: 

http://www.bva.org.uk/titles/film?id=MMID00130412 and http://www.bva.org.uk/titles/film?id=MMID00130409

It's a 20th Anninversary edition of the 1995 King of the Deathmatch and a collection called American Wrestling Classics Volume 3.  Anyone know much about them? Any new extra's on the KOTD?

I assume there will be some non-tournament matches on there. I have a version of the show (somewhere in my loft) and I seem to recall Dan Severn defending the NWA World title, which I don't think was on any commercial release of KOTD95 before but I could be wrong.

It just says never before seen matches and interviews, so it's probably just some grainy looking outakes which probably won't add much if you already have it

I assume there will be some non-tournament matches on there. I have a version of the show (somewhere in my loft) and I seem to recall Dan Severn defending the NWA World title, which I don't think was on any commercial release of KOTD95 before but I could be wrong.

It was against Tarzan Goto. It was on one of the earlier VHS releases. To this day one of the few VHS's I have left because when I first started tape trading, I remember this was my must have tape after everything I had read about it up to that point (around 1999). It came in a white hard case box.

Here's the cover:

61qhegqAB1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Paid Members

Anyone find the names of a lot of promotions that have popped up over the last few years to be completely stupid?

Dumb stuff like "Absolute Intense Wrestling" and "No Messing Around Wrestling" and "Legit Good Wrestling".

I see a lot of them in the Events thread, as well as on the F4W daily updates for some US shows.