Raw Discussion *20th August*

d-d-d-dAz

• Moderators
The thing is though, for every Terry Funk, Meat Loaf and Ric Flair there's got to be somebody who can have one more match and not completely disgrace everything he's ever accomplished, surely?

As been mentioned a fair few times there's Finlay and Steamboat.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There is Paul Scholes. Retired at the end of 10/11 season, came back in January '12 and was one of the best, most consistent performers in the league for the remainder of the season.

Sometimes people retire a little too early and there is nothing wrong with making a triumphant comeback if they havnt lost their love and their addiction to the buzz of it all. If HBK wants to come back, then HBK is more than entitled to. Especially HBK.

Is it just me or is anyone get fed up of seeing the WWE Ledgends on our TV screens? It just seems that whenever they are on they do not a lot to make stars of the current talent but more further serve to give people who were fans of them in their prime a nostalgia pop and for the talent themselves to cling onto any star value they had.

Legends bring in viewers though. Wrestling today isn't what it was during the Attitude era or like the 80's. Now its either kids who love Cena or people that have just watched it forever. I never watch Raw live but if i heard that Hogan was coming back i'd watch it live to see why much like most of the adult fans of america would.

They'll never stop bringing Legends back cause it just works. When the current stars finally do something different that brings in viewers then the Legends will slow down. But WWE needs all the help it can get for TV ratings.

Legends bring in viewers though. Wrestling today isn't what it was during the Attitude era or like the 80's. Now its either kids who love Cena or people that have just watched it forever. I never watch Raw live but if i heard that Hogan was coming back i'd watch it live to see why much like most of the adult fans of america would.

They'll never stop bringing Legends back cause it just works. When the current stars finally do something different that brings in viewers then the Legends will slow down. But WWE needs all the help it can get for TV ratings.

I see where you are coming from. I became a fan in the year 2000 so for me I wouldn't have grown up and watched these guys so to me I don't have much connection to them as say a fan who watched as a child in the early 90's. I can totally understand and respect what the guys like Piper, Ted Dibiase, Flair, Hogan, Brett, Shawn and the countless list of others who would be considered as being legends have done to shape the business we have today but for me when they are on TV it is just lost on me. I'd rather see Cody Rhodes vs Daniel Bryan wrestle for 20 min than a segment with hacksaw jim duggan.

I can see where you're coming from too. But you're only time for wrestling matches now is on PPVs. TV time isn't for matches unless they're about 3 minutes long. Its all about entertainment, segments and the occasional 1 long match followed by 5/6 very short matches.

Whenever ROH used to wanna bring in a big crowd they'd hire Ric Flair of Bret Hart for an evening cause it got butts in seats.

Now for me, im a huge Punk and Bryan fan and that is good enough for me to buy a ticket and go. But if they announced Stone Cold for Raw that place will sell out and ratings will boost. Its a formula that for the most part has worked.

I wish they'd write out Brock in a more imaginative way rather than the 'I quit now' crap that he's done twice in a few months. And, the fact that he did it on fucking Tout made it even more ridiculous

I totally agree, and the Tout post was so un-Brock like, he stated many times that he doesn't even own a computer...

I'm sure he has a phone though.

Well, that's just a vicious rumour that Brock strenuously denies

• Paid Members

I thought Jericho's exit storyline was especially weak. Why would AJ put Raw in jeopardy by risking the loss of one of the shows biggest stars for no reason?? it's not like he even called her crazy, if he had have done at least it would have made more sense.

"Jericho, just decided your career is on the line in this next match." WTF :blink:

• Paid Members

Because they have to get her on screen 50 times in half an hour and dont care about the likes of Ziggler and Jericho as long as she gets her face all up the camera. Probably.

So now Raw could be missing Lesnar, Triple H and Jericho. Job well done AJ. Vince got taken out of position because he was trying to double cross someone. Triple H was taken out of power because WWE descended into "chaos". This little cunts been in charge a month and a few of the top names have either quit, suffered broken arms or been fired. Well done, lass.

Because they have to get her on screen 50 times in half an hour and dont care about the likes of Ziggler and Jericho as long as she gets her face all up the camera. Probably.

So now Raw could be missing Lesnar, Triple H and Jericho. Job well done AJ. Vince got taken out of position because he was trying to double cross someone. Triple H was taken out of power because WWE descended into "chaos". This little cunts been in charge a month and a few of the top names have either quit, suffered broken arms or been fired. Well done, lass.

Lesnar was never on her roster, he came back to kick fuck out of Triple H and likewise Triple H was only there to kick fuck out of Lesnar. Neither were under AJ's control and neither were going to stick around afterwards. I understand you want to beef out your argument that she's kayfabe fucking up the roster but those 2 don't fit the bill.

I was just taking the piss a bit with the last bit. I haven't watched a full Raw since the 1000 episode. But she really is horrible. I see enough of it to know that.

I agree as GM she's been put into too prominent a position on the show, especially for her age and experience level but as the catalyst for the Punk/Bryan feud she was bang on the money.

Archived