Raw Discussion *20th August*

d-d-d-dAz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm fully on Punks side, though. It shouldn't be that difficult to believe the WWE champion is currently the best in the world, it should be a prerequisite. Between that, Cole pointing out how he's not main evened a PPV since December last year and King saying he's a lot easier to beat than Cena I think he's got the moral high ground. They've clearly intended it that way, and it's an interesting ride right now.

If CM Punk was the best in the world he would be on last at Raws and PPVs. If he was the best in the world he wouldn't have to go around demanding that people tell him so. He hasn't had to compete in the ring with The Rock and Brock Lesnar during his title run, or ever. The moral high ground is usually with the likes of John Cena and Jerry Lawler and it's not any different here.

That's CM Punk's point though, despite him holding the belt for so long and beating everybody he's faced, he's treated like he's inferior by everybody. In the World of kayfabe, he's the 14th greatest WWE champion of all-time (and the best the WWE have had in ages) and he doesn't get treated as such. Now he's fed up and demanding people show him the respect he deserves, like getting Lawler to admit he's "the best in the World" - which Lawler didn't think was the case, which enhances Punk's point that despite holding the title for so long nobody is treating him like they should. Obviously Punk's acting the dick about it (he's turning heel), but his character has a reason to feel the way he does, like every good heel.

Not a fan of them throwing all these nicknames at Lesnar (agree that the term "Brocktagon" should be erased from time). The fact he's now referring to himself as the King of Kings makes me think that Triple H will be getting his win back at the Rumble or Survivor Series.

The final segment was the only other note worthy happening. Cena saying the only thing Punk has done of note since winning the WWE title was blowing a kiss to Vince and leaving was bitingly true.

• Paid Members
In the World of kayfabe, he's the 14th greatest WWE champion of all-time (and the best the WWE have had in ages) and he doesn't get treated as such.

It doesn't mean that at all. It means he's wrestled a bunch of nobodies before the main event and is holding a belt he doesn't truly deserve. He hasn't beat Triple H, he hasn't beat the Undertaker, he hasnt beat the Rock, he hasnt beat Brock Lesnar, and during this title reign he hasnt pinned John Cena. He's held the belt for so long because everyone else has had better things to do.

I personally dont see how getting beat off the Rock at the Royal Rumble is going to do him any favours. It will just show him up for what he is.

just done watching the second half of raw the divas match was dire thankfully there hot. sad to see y2j go but since money in the bank have a lot of time for him. but need to get rid of vicky now. shes run her course. and punk turning heel. the fans will cheer him next week. they booed cena till punk started saying about all the cena fans in the crown then they all started cheering. bless all in all this 3 hr show is not working all that happened could have been done in 2 hrs. the ads last longer than the matches. i thought the days of the wwf/wwe jobber were long gone guess not. ryback heres looking at you.

Caught bits and pieces of it this morning. All of it was completley unmemorable and bland, but I did have a chuckle at how clueless the divas are. Some of them just look like they have absolutley no clue about whats going on. The bell rang and ALL of them just kept standing there, looking at Layla. Bizarre. Also, Tamina dragging someone BACK IN to the ring from the apron, in a battle royal, sort of sums things up.

For me Raw was all about the promo at the end with CM Punk and Jerry Lawler/John Cena.

I can totally get CM Punk just now and his frustration with the WWE. He has been the champion for nine months but has to take a back seat to John Cena who is viewed by the WWE as the poster boy for the company and the main soul focus of the show when really in CM Punks eyes that should be him as he is the WWE Champion and all he wants is that validation and respect he craves that he is the best in the world and for John Cena to admit he is indeed the best and everyone else like Jerry Lawler to admit it also.

• Paid Members
In the World of kayfabe, he's the 14th greatest WWE champion of all-time (and the best the WWE have had in ages) and he doesn't get treated as such.

It doesn't mean that at all. It means he's wrestled a bunch of nobodies before the main event and is holding a belt he doesn't truly deserve. He hasn't beat Triple H, he hasn't beat the Undertaker, he hasnt beat the Rock, he hasnt beat Brock Lesnar, and during this title reign he hasnt pinned John Cena. He's held the belt for so long because everyone else has had better things to do.

I personally dont see how getting beat off the Rock at the Royal Rumble is going to do him any favours. It will just show him up for what he is.

Fair point. But Punk's point of view is he's the 14th greatest ever and he's not getting his respect.

On your second point, Punk's just filling the role until they start doing Rock v Cena II. The big hope for Punk (I imagine) is them creating a viable heel people want to pay to see get beaten up by The Rock; job done.

• Paid Members

When guests are main eventing and get more promotion at every PPV of late (and that includes HHH) it doesn't bode well for any upcoming talent. What kind of message is it sending to them. Leave WWE, do movies then come back and you can main event. The championships are becoming worthless the more they do this at PPVs. At this rate it'll be Rock v Taker at Mania. Yes these are stars who are returning but I'm sure they got main events while they held the belt.

I turned off Raw as it was so dire and I can't remember much apart from Lesnar retiring via Twitter, how Khloe Kardashian's comments on Twitter are sooo important, and best match I saw was Orton v Del Rio.

Could the route being Punk/Lawler at NOC, with Cena facing Big Show in a number 1 contenders match on the same show?

God no. Night of Champions should stick to its gimmick of all titles on the line.

Could the route being Punk/Lawler at NOC, with Cena facing Big Show in a number 1 contenders match on the same show?

God no. Night of Champions should stick to its gimmick of all titles on the line.

Last Year we had HHH vs Punk with no title as the main event. So what Gimmick

Last Year we had HHH vs Punk with no title as the main event. So what Gimmick

In past night of champions PPV events the gimmick of the PPV is that all the championships are on the line. They should stick to that format and not deviate from it by having non title matches IMO.

Archived