On their last legs ...

IANdrewDiceClay

In a similar vein to the Bigelow vs Bossman/Duggan examples, Razor getting treated like Barry Horowitz by Vader at IYH 7 was a bit of a surprise to me at the time.

You what? He did the job, but he was hardly jobbed out in the manner you're talking about. Vince even put him over big time on commentary which was very unusual for somebody on their way out.

Anyway, the most fucked up change of all time HAS to be:

(9 seconds in, if you will...) You had one of the most iconic stars of all time radically changing his look for a low card spot for a few months. He should have just said no, assuming this was put on him and he didn't suggest it in a concussed state. When the "Marty Jannety" of the team ends up being the one who didn't die, you know you made a bad move.

EDIT: and technically Dino Bravo's last TV appearance was... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdXFYAPzjII

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That time when Rick Martel won the battle royal with Razor, I remember thinking I hadn't seen him for about a year before that. I don't remember him at all after that, either. But looking back, I can't think of anything specific involving The Model besides that Intercontinental stuff with Razor and the feud with Jake.

After that his most notable stuff was his heavily teased but never delivered feud with Adam Bomb.

For me it was the Bulldog when he lost the IC belt to Shawn Michaels. A superplex is reversed for the pin and the bulldog just lies there after taking very little punishment. As if to say fuck it, I'm leaving anyway.

• Paid Members
Martel was back with a renewed push in late 93 and kept on into 94.

But around this point, Martel hadn't done a thing since Survivor Series 92 and it was as if they couldn't be arsed with him.

This was a desperately sad period in my household.

I'd finally got sky in May 93 after years of badgering for it, and all the bloody good wrestlers started buggering off to be replaced by Men on a Mission and the Quebecers.

Bullshit.

On Rick Martel, I separate eras of his career based on his gear, because like Pitcos, in my head, he would just disappear for ages and come back like it was nothing.

89 heel run - Light blue trunks, fuck off mullet, jumper or scarf over the shoulder

90/91 - Purple trunks, black blazer/suit jacket thing

92 - Super Pink trunks, green/blue jacket, "Yes, I am a model you prick" badge, optional tennis gear if the mood strikes

93 comeback - Light Blue again, sparkly jacket

95 Royal Rumble appearance - Ugly Hubba Bubba pink/purple trunks, mental tan

I could be imagining this, but I'm pretty sure WWF Magazine advertised Marty Jannetty vs Rick Martel for Summerslam 93, which struck me as really odd considering Martel's virtual non-attendance in the company that year, post-Royal Rumble.

No matter what he wore though, Tito Santana was pretty pissed off about that Strike Force turn, and he never let it lie. They're probably fighting somewhere in the world as I type this.

EDIT:

For me it was the Bulldog when he lost the IC belt to Shawn Michaels. A superplex is reversed for the pin and the bulldog just lies there after taking very little punishment. As if to say fuck it, I'm leaving anyway.

Stop making up history. The match was ENTIRELY built around leading to that end spot and made total sense. Bulldog's back took a right fucking kicking, it was the sneaky plot laid out by Michaels. If you didn't know any real story behind it then (and I certainly didn't), you wouldn't think anything awry had gone down, other than that Michaels was a cheating (but clever) cunt, and Bulldog would be out for revenge when his back healed.

• Paid Members
I could be imagining this, but I'm pretty sure WWF Magazine advertised Marty Jannetty vs Rick Martel for Summerslam 93, which struck me as really odd considering Martel's virtual non-attendance in the company that year, post-Royal Rumble.

You're not according to this http://www.softwolves.pp.se/wrestling/wwf/substitutions

You're not according to this http://www.softwolves.pp.se/wrestling/wwf/substitutions

Nice one. What a lovely website too, great find.

EDIT: Having read a bit more, it's also a bit of a Scott Keith-esque rumour site. However, for the basics, it's pretty cool.

• Paid Members

The fuck is this shit?

Since Hogan refused to job to Bret Hart, McMahon told him to drop the title to Yokozuna at King of the Ring so that the feud could develop between he and Yokozuna. When Hogan asked McMahon (after losing the title) when he would win the title back, McMahon fired him.

Hogan was never fired or asked to win the belt back. What spastic wrote this?

Please note that no updates are being made to this page, which is due to the fact that I have not found time to maintain it properly, and that I have no way of verifying the information submitted

No shit.

• Paid Members
The fuck is this shit?

Since Hogan refused to job to Bret Hart, McMahon told him to drop the title to Yokozuna at King of the Ring so that the feud could develop between he and Yokozuna. When Hogan asked McMahon (after losing the title) when he would win the title back, McMahon fired him.

Hogan was never fired or asked to win the belt back. What spastic wrote this?

The people who's names are at the top?

• Paid Members

I didn't ask for names, I asked who they were. I.e. obviously about as credible as Twinn's twitter.

Also just because they have it on their site, doesn't mean it is submitted by them (I got that information from the top of the site).

Where did you find that?

I'm assuming it's some made up bollocks from the Substitutions site Rick linked. It's nice strictly for reading/confirming something daft you thought (as Rick illustrated), but then you stumble all the nonsense smarky stories emerged presented as 100% facts.

• Paid Members

I didn't ask for names, I asked who they were. I.e. obviously about as credible as Twinn's twitter.

It doesn't take many brain cells to write stuff on the internet.

It's a good list i think and most of it is accurate from memory. Some bullshit in there but there are a million and one bullshit stories around about wrestling. As the guy says, verifying it is tricky. I wouldn't believe a word that came out of Hogan's mouth, let alone the shit spoken about him by other people.

• Paid Members
Where did you find that?

I'm assuming it's some made up bollocks from the Substitutions site Rick linked. It's nice strictly for reading/confirming something daft you thought (as Rick illustrated), but then you stumble all the nonsense smarky stories emerged presented as 100% facts.

Smarky bollocks that metamorphoses into reality is possibly my favorite thing in the world. Morishima not picked up for looking too Asian? Just a throwaway joke line, actually became "the truth". Carlito threatened HHH with a screwdriver? Made up joke newz, twat smarks took the bait and wish-fulfilled themselve.

Archived