The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Yeh theres some good fights there if you break them down. There's not many fights there you'd call PPV fights though, a couple you might expect to see open a PPV but thats about it. Superboy/Swanson is a great fight. Interested in Meek/Mein too.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Great fight. Got to feel for Holloway though. Surely he'd have had a title shot in just about any other weight class by now. 9 fight win streak - 1 more and he ties DJ for top 5 of all time - and his last loss was against the current champ. Arguably he gave the champ his hardest fight at the weight too. All that and he's still only third in line even if he gets past former LW champ Pettis. Crazy.

• Paid Members

Great fight that.

Carwin has signed for Rizin. He will be fighting in (and presumably winning) their open weight tournament. Has also stated he wants to fight Fedor. Poor, sweet Fedor.

That thing just got 10 times more interested.

We could see Shane Carwin vs. Wanderlei Silva by the end of the year.

I loved Carwin. Thats great news, I reckon he will walk that tourney . Probably wont fight a combined 10 minutes

The current line-up of fighters for the tournament are:
Mirko Filipović
Wanderlei Silva 
Valentin Moldavsky 
Amir Aliakbari 
Jiří Procházka 
Szymon Bajor 
Baruto 
Shane Carwin

Cro Cop/Carwin could be an interesting fight and potential final.
Carwin/Baruto would be interesting as well. Baruto is a 400lb former sumo wrestler who I could see Carwin knocking out in under a minute if he got close.

• Paid Members

it's a bonkers lineup of random people. Carwin's addition should put a lot of eyes on it which is cool. I'm expecting Carwin to turn up gassed off his tits though and probably well over 265. It's gonna be chaos.

Archived