The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

Sterling resigned, he's fighting Raphael Assuncao on December 9th

I know and he came back and lost to Caraway, sorry if I didn't make it clear but he tried to play the free agency game and Bellator weren't Interested and presumably the UFC just gave him a slight increase but probably still would have had he signed before being a free agent.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

then went and filmed the Road House remake

She's filmed fuck all, that remake got postponed/cancelled after she lost the fight and they lost interest in her. That whole acting career has seemingly vanished now, not that she was any good at it IMO.

Carano's a terrible actor as well and she got smashed off Cyborg, so I doubt her losing had anything to do with it. I knew it got postponed until May this year didn't know it was cancelled.

Crap news.

Don Frye is in hospital - http://entimports.com/2016/10/ufc-legend-don-frye-hospitalized-not-doing-good/

The legendary Don Frye was inducted just this past summer, and it’s reported by “ocbadapple” of MMA.TV that Frye is currently in the hospital. He says:

“Apparently Don has been at Cedars Sinai for about a week and has had some issues , with among other things, pneumonia. Im told he’s not doing too good.

Every single fan of MMA should say a prayer, rub buddha’s belly, ask for help from Allah, or whatever it is that they do in times of need. We all owe it to Don since he helped pave the way for fighters such as myself and thousands of others.

Im not sure if there is a gofundme page or anything set up yet, but I will look. If not , one should be set up ASAP

Prayers for the Predator”

• Paid Members

Shit news. Fingers crossed he's OK.

Stupid question alert: why are things like this often responded to with crowd funding campaigns in the US? If he's got medical insurance, surely he's fine. Is it just always assumed that nobody does?

Shit news. Fingers crossed he's OK.

Stupid question alert: why are things like this often responded to with crowd funding campaigns in the US? If he's got medical insurance, surely he's fine. Is it just always assumed that nobody does?

I think it's just to help with any financial worries he may have as a result of being ill. It's well known that the guys who fought back then didn't make a lot of money, so some fans see it as a way of paying them back I think.

• Paid Members

Plus, in America, medical insurance is usually capped at a certain amount - so if it's an extended stay, it's coming out of your pocket.

Same here, right? But usually that cap is into the multiple millions otherwise the insurance policy isn't worth taking out.

Forgive me for being cynical, but I think this will be the last time we see Rousey fight. I think Nunes will stop her in the opening few rounds. Rousey will then take the same route as Gina. There will be talk of a return, which will never materialise. The division will also move on. While it won't reach the same heights commercially, it will make massive strides in terms of fighting standard.

• Paid Members

Front page of the Beeb and all.

Wonder what Rousey we get? I think she was spot on taking a year or so off after getting such a viscous KO, but a year out is ages. If she comes back and bosses Nunes then we know the division hasn't really progressed as much as some argue.

Archived