The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick the Tooth has been fired from Looking for A Fight...

After Sunday night it looks like he may have either been kicked off or refused to do commentary on EBI as well. Shame, as he was quite insightful when it came to the grappling scene. I actually like his commentary more than Joe Rogan these days.

• Paid Members

I've actually given up on Looking for a fight since Nick the Tooth was fired. The appeal of the show really relied on Dana, Nick and Matt's chemistry.

Hearing Matt's take you can't help feel that there's certainly two sides to the story. Matt saying he forwarded texts to Dana came across to me as Matt trying to shit stir.

Also, the stuff that Tooth was saying sounds a bit like his weird sense of humour to be honest. Anyone who's listened to his Motus V podcast will know that he has A weird, awkward sense of humour.

Don't think Din Thomas will make for as interesting a show really.

• Paid Members

Hearing Matt's take you can't help feel that there's certainly two sides to the story. Matt saying he forwarded texts to Dana came across to me as Matt trying to shit stir.

Yeah, I agree. Listening to him describe that came over as an attempt at major arse covering. Can't help but get the feeling there's a bit more to it.

Mighty Mouse is back in the news, complaining about money again. He does my head, refusing to promote himself or his fights, criticising people who do, and yet crying about his pay. Shut up, you boring bastard.

Yeah, I see he referenced Rockhold and Dillashaw as well.

The thing that cracks me up is that no one forces them to sign the contracts they get offered. They could negotiate for more money if they believe they're worth it. If the markets agree then the UFC will pay them accordingly to retain their services.

It's that simple, really.

• Paid Members

yep, it appears that Joe Duffy is taking that appraoch now, he's refused the initial offer from the UFC, will listen to offers from elsewhere then will go back to the UFC to see if they want to match or better the contract. There's more to it than that but that's generally the gist.

Quick note, Jordan Mein has ended his retirement and is returning to the UFC, happy about that.

• Paid Members

nope, Mein is one of those young guys (still only 26) who had a ridiculous amount of fights before he was 25. He had a decent UFC/Strikeforce record and was great value to watch then surprisingly retired after a loss to Thiago Alves. He's put it down to being burnt out which is kind of understandable given he'd fought 40 times in 9 years.

Dunno who you are one about?

There was that guy who won his first fight by knockout. He was a proper backpacker type, who's whole family seemed like awful gap year wankers. He won one and then was like 'nah, life's too short mate. Toodles.'

Frankie Perez? He retired to spend more time with his family, and claimed he didn't need the money as he owns a DJ company and a clothing company.

That was in August of last year. he announced that he was coming back in June of this year.

Archived