TNA's bad guys *SPOILERS*

Sexy Dad

TNA certainly has a great roster at the minute and after watching Slammiversary a few weeks back and noticing that stars such as Hardy, RVD and Anderson weren't doing much of note highlights the depth of talent they have on hand at the minute. The only thing that seems to be missing is heels and I think this has been highlighted by Bully Ray essentially feuding with everybody yet maintaining a feud with Abyss throughout. At the minute we are getting a lot of mutual respect style matches i.e. RVD vs Hardy, Storm vs Hardy, Anderson vs Hardy....the list goes on, the fact that Angle is back in the face camp leaves TNA with even fewer bad guys.

I personally think that this leaves the Bound for Glory series lacking a little as there is no vicious heel with something to prove outside of Magnus and Joe who are well received by the crowd anyway. If for example, Rob Van Dam was to become a little more self obsessed and aggressive would it be a neccesary change from the usual handshake affair we have to come to expect from TNA's elite? Does Gunner need to return to the centrefold and take no prisoners? Does AJ need to tell Dixie and crackhead to do one and only care about the Phenomonal one?

Do you guys think Impact is missing a solid bunch of credible heels similar to the Main Event Mafia or stacked Immortal faction from its incarantion or is the balance about right nowadays?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its probably a fair observation.

Of the top of my head, the only heels on the roster that are springing to my mind are Bully Ray, Bobby Roode, Daniels/Kazarian, Gail Kim, Crimson & the Robbies E & T - theres probably a few more, but it does seem to be lacking..

Even people that were recently heels seem to have become faces without really turning (Aries, Hernandez, Angle), and theres a few that Im not even sure, like Magnus (I know he's acting somewhat heelish, but he didnt turn), Joe (Same), Madison Rayne (Still probably a heel, but her recent 'crush' storyline is making her quite likeable). Even Joey Ryan, if he counts, seems to be somewhere in the middle

Gunners definetely a heel, but I havent seen him in ages. Same for Zema Ion, and Kid Kash seems to be a part-timer

Dont think it's a hard one to fix though. Sting's 3 (or more) attackers should be turning up shortly, that should tip the balance a bit

All I know for sure is that they should not turn Kurt Angle or Ken Anderson for at least 6 months. The amount of turns those two have had over the past couple of years has been ridiculous, although Anderson is clearly better as a heel in my opinion (and my opinion of Anderson is pretty low).

• Paid Members

I think Kurt Angle has a babyface works a million times better than as a heel.

Keep Magnus as a proper face and in a perfect world the three masked men are Luke Gallows, Trevor Murdoch and Christ Masters as heels (although Masters should turn face at a later date). Also give Mr Anderson and Rob Van Dam the boot and you have a really well rounded solid roster of heels and faces.

If Aries is face now though I really wish he'd lose the cape.

They are well short of top heels, hence main event jobbers Daniels and Kaz all the time.

Your top faces are:

AJ

RVD

Storm

Anderson

Angle

Sting

Hardy

And your top heels are:

Roode

Bully Ray

It's completely out of whack. Anderson is the obvious heel, but they clearly want him as a face as they keep turning him back. I'm hoping AJ Styles turns soon just to redress the balance. Really, RVD or Hardy need to be heel as well.

I think you've got a good point. I kinda understand on the grounds that with Robert Roode as the champion and main heel which means he needs alot of babyface competitors in this day and age. But the biggest problem of that is you get a situation like WCW 91. (Sting became champion, Flair was dismissed as a challenger on account of being too old and then Ole Anderson realised they had no viable competitors, hence The Black Scorpion fiasco.)

However, a big revelation of the three masked men should create some options for the upper mid card to swap around a bit. Personally, my guilty pleasure is AJ Styles as a heel. He's usually a bit comedic but him as a chickenshit character I find very enjoyable.

The Aces and Eights are what they are called. They are on twitter:

https://twitter.com/TheAcesAnd8s

If I was to guess, I'd say its Harry Smith, Luke Gallows and Mike Knox. None of them had big chav tattoos like the one Masters currently has.

Sounds to me like a biker gang (Which would tie in with Gallow's Ring Ka King gimmick) being led by John Laurinaitis - invading TNA to punish Sting for not signing with WWE the other year.

Surely any combination of Masters, Murdoch, Smith or Gallows would be a total jobbery letdown?

Who's popping or marking out for them turning up? It's like a JOB Squad invasion.

You don't need to be stars to make an impact, just look at Nexus when they first appeared. They probably wouldn't even mention these guys worked elsewhere, they would just be a new gang, that's a lot less green than Nexus were and all these guys are decent wrestlers.

Magnus should turn back heel, he could be a future world champ, he's young, can talk, is a decent wrestler and has a pretty good look.

• Paid Members
Who's popping or marking out for them turning up? It's like a JOB Squad invasion.

That isn't the goal. They would already have heat by attacking the Hall of Famer that everyone loves. People pop and mark out for the likes of Christian. It doesn't make him less of a channel changing, yellow skinned weird looking plank. Wrestling isn't about "popping" or "marking out". Its about putting people in positions to fully exploit their individual talents. And if Jeff Jarrett is the leader of this group, it would be a perfect fit. Three wrestlers who are fit to work for TNA in Indian, but who Dixie Carter won't use. Like Jeff Jarrett. Thats how I see it. Jarrett bringing in a band of people who are on the outskirts of the big promotions. Talented folk held down by the likes of Dixie Carter. I'd have Masters in with them as well. Jarrett leading a gang of misfit wrestlers would tie in perfectly after Sting sacked him a few months back.

If you want to pop and mark out, you would bring in Greg Valentine, Beefcake and the likes of them. People like Masters, Knox, Smith and Gallows can work and are still young enough to improve and be stars.

Archived