TNA's bad guys *SPOILERS*

Sexy Dad

• Paid Members
If I was to guess, I'd say its Harry Smith, Luke Gallows and Mike Knox. None of them had big chav tattoos like the one Masters currently has.

Could quite easily be a case of having 3 jobbers/students under hoods during the beatdowns, but once they are ready to debut have the proper people out there.

Thinking about it that 3 sounds about right. I really really hope they bring Masters in at some point and he'd be better as a singles guy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I'd definitely love it to be Gallows and Masters amongst it. Gallows has been pulling up trees around the circuit since his release, and in Masters you've got an absolutely fantastic babyface when at some point TNA would turn him. I can't think of many more people than those two who deserve to be in the bigs.

• Paid Members

I'd turn AJ, but that's just personal preference. I much prefer him as a super-cheesy chickenshit heel than as a super-cheesy saccharine babyface. And they should also keep Christopher Daniels heel for the rest of time as well, just so those two will never ever ever have another feud.

Who's popping or marking out for them turning up? It's like a JOB Squad invasion.

That isn't the goal. They would already have heat by attacking the Hall of Famer that everyone loves. People pop and mark out for the likes of Christian. It doesn't make him less of a channel changing, yellow skinned weird looking plank. Wrestling isn't about "popping" or "marking out". Its about putting people in positions to fully exploit their individual talents. And if Jeff Jarrett is the leader of this group, it would be a perfect fit. Three wrestlers who are fit to work for TNA in Indian, but who Dixie Carter won't use. Like Jeff Jarrett. Thats how I see it. Jarrett bringing in a band of people who are on the outskirts of the big promotions. Talented folk held down by the likes of Dixie Carter. I'd have Masters in with them as well. Jarrett leading a gang of misfit wrestlers would tie in perfectly after Sting sacked him a few months back.

If you want to pop and mark out, you would bring in Greg Valentine, Beefcake and the likes of them. People like Masters, Knox, Smith and Gallows can work and are still young enough to improve and be stars.

Fair enough, TNA are indeed booking most things well at the moment and they might well do a great job with those guys.

I just think that most of the audience has no idea about Ring Ka King and will therefore see them as WWE jobbers. People always used to complain about guys like Christian (a WWE midcarder) and Rhino coming in and going straight into the main events as it made the TNA guys look bad. This could come off like that if they aren't careful, but possibly worse as this lot were way below the level of Christian when he turned up and everyone jizzed themselves in TNA.

-

I'd actually love it if it was Beefcake, Valentine and Jimmy Hart...

"We did it for the Hulk..... baby"

Knox, Gallows, Murdoch, Masters and Smith as a group would be great. They're all somewhat known, but most of them would not be a success under their own steam. Put the 5 together and they could be fantastic.

Knox and Gallows would make a fantastic big man tag team, apparently Knox has lost a bit of weight and sadly the beard from when he was on WWE TV last and looks like he did back when he started with Kelly Kelly in ECW.

• Paid Members

I used to love Knox's cross-body. Especially that time he just wiped out Mysterio with it. Him running in and hitting that on some of the X Division guys would be great.

I was thinking this the other day, especially with the BFG series only having 3 full time heels, and Magnus who seems to be going that way. TNA always seem to want to turn Joe, but the fans always shit all over that!

I'd turn RVD, could be just what he needs to make him fresh again, at the moment he's still doing a lot of the same stuff after he turned face in WWE 10 years ago

Who's popping or marking out for them turning up? It's like a JOB Squad invasion.

That isn't the goal. They would already have heat by attacking the Hall of Famer that everyone loves. People pop and mark out for the likes of Christian. It doesn't make him less of a channel changing, yellow skinned weird looking plank. Wrestling isn't about "popping" or "marking out". Its about putting people in positions to fully exploit their individual talents. And if Jeff Jarrett is the leader of this group, it would be a perfect fit. Three wrestlers who are fit to work for TNA in Indian, but who Dixie Carter won't use. Like Jeff Jarrett. Thats how I see it. Jarrett bringing in a band of people who are on the outskirts of the big promotions. Talented folk held down by the likes of Dixie Carter. I'd have Masters in with them as well. Jarrett leading a gang of misfit wrestlers would tie in perfectly after Sting sacked him a few months back.

If you want to pop and mark out, you would bring in Greg Valentine, Beefcake and the likes of them. People like Masters, Knox, Smith and Gallows can work and are still young enough to improve and be stars.

Fair enough, TNA are indeed booking most things well at the moment and they might well do a great job with those guys.

I just think that most of the audience has no idea about Ring Ka King and will therefore see them as WWE jobbers. People always used to complain about guys like Christian (a WWE midcarder) and Rhino coming in and going straight into the main events as it made the TNA guys look bad. This could come off like that if they aren't careful, but possibly worse as this lot were way below the level of Christian when he turned up and everyone jizzed themselves in TNA.

-

I'd actually love it if it was Beefcake, Valentine and Jimmy Hart...

"We did it for the Hulk..... baby"

With a pack mentality it wouldn't matter too much. The Nexus looked strong upon their debut. They were nobodies and most of them had no where near as much presence as the guys listed. As long as the faces dont group together against them too soon it will be fine

• Paid Members
Surely any combination of Masters, Murdoch, Smith or Gallows would be a total jobbery letdown?

Why would you want your fans to 'pop' or 'mark out' for a heel faction? This isn't 1997.

Surely any combination of Masters, Murdoch, Smith or Gallows would be a total jobbery letdown?

Why would you want your fans to 'pop' or 'mark out' for a heel faction? This isn't 1997.

Ok maybe not the best choice of words.

What I mean is when new wrestlers debut (wrestlers with a past in another TV wrestling company) you generally hope to get a pop of surprise or shock, this might have the opposite affect - the crowd being down on it because TNA fans are used to people like Jeff Hardy, Ric flair and Hulk Hogan turning up, not lower card wrestlers who have never been main event talent.

I'm not trying to be super negative, it was just an observation. If the booking is strong and the talent perform well it could be a great piece of business, but the booking will have to be clever to get over a group of cast-off WWE lowercarders as genuine top-line opposition for Sting.

• Paid Members
What I mean is when new wrestlers debut (wrestlers with a past in another TV wrestling company) you generally hope to get a pop of surprise or shock, this might have the opposite affect - the crowd being down on it because TNA fans are used to people like Jeff Hardy, Ric flair and Hulk Hogan turning up, not lower card wrestlers who have never been main event talent.

Well I'm guessing the men have been hired by Jeff Jarrett or something so they don't really need to be big stars as the down-the-line reveal of who orchestrated the attack will be the big moment in the story.

But also there aren't many real big stars out there who could be under the masks to make it a big suprise. And the best thing for TNA is to get young guys who have had WWE experience but not overexposed and still with a ton of potential to grow as performers and be repackaged as 'TNA stars' as opposed to being labelled 'ex-WWE stars' forever (for eg. Jeff Hardy). Knoxx, Masters, Gallows and possibly D.H. Smith fit that mold perfectly.

Speaking of big men, where the hell is Gunner? He showed everything necessary to be a top midcard heel, and would have benefitted greatly from a good run in the BFG series. Is he out injured?

Archived