RQW returns, asks for money

Big Benny HG

Ravenhill made a great point in this thread earlier on:

I don't get much abuse on this forum

I'll start then. Everybody knows you're the best promoter in the universe because you spend 60 posts a week telling us so. It ruins lots of fun threads like this, so please stop. You come across like a sanctimonious weirdo. Thanks

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll start then. Everybody knows you're the best promoter in the universe because you spend 60 posts a week telling us so. It ruins lots of fun threads like this, so please stop. You come across like a sanctimonious weirdo. Thanks

That's a bit unfair. I'll accept being sanctimonious, but i'm not a weirdo....well actually...

• Paid Members

I like Ravenhill, but this was fucking hilarious.

Just a minor thing but if you said "RQW Bites" in the US it would be a negative thing right?

RQW Bites - The Big One.

Britwres is weird to be honest. I don't think there's many other industries where many of the providers of a service has such base disrespect for their customers.

Sorry to go off topic but that's probably the thing I hate the most about this business. I put it down to ego and insecurity. People who use phrases like "My fans...." etc like they're the star and the draw of the show. Perhaps if people used words like "customers" more often it wouldn't be the case and people would see it as the business that it is. I know if I ripped on my customers who shop in my store I wouldn't have many customers for long.

Then there's the wrestlers who slate any other wrestler/promoter/ref/whoever for being a fan of wrestling still - for enjoying watching wrestling. I mean how dare they still like wrestling??!

I've never known a comedian to say "You don't still watch stand up do you? You're such a mark" or an actor to say "You don't still go the theatre do you? Jesus what a punter"

Its a bunch of insecure people trying to make themselves feel like some kind of celebrity. They want acceptance from a small group of people at first but then when they get that acceptance it becomes almost embarrassing to them because they know they're in a business that isn't socially accepted. Those people then decide to rip into those for having the audacity to watch them - because why would anyone watch it when it's not "cool"? Its the school nerd who somehow suddenly becomes cool and then bullies his old friends for being nerds.

They just want to feel as though they're better than someone else.

• Paid Members
Britwres is weird to be honest. I don't think there's many other industries where many of the providers of a service has such base disrespect for their customers.

Sorry to go off topic but that's probably the thing I hate the most about this business. I put it down to ego and insecurity. People who use phrases like "My fans...." etc like they're the star and the draw of the show. Perhaps if people used words like "customers" more often it wouldn't be the case and people would see it as the business that it is. I know if I ripped on my customers who shop in my store I wouldn't have many customers for long.

Then there's the wrestlers who slate any other wrestler/promoter/ref/whoever for being a fan of wrestling still - for enjoying watching wrestling. I mean how dare they still like wrestling??!

I've never known a comedian to say "You don't still watch stand up do you? You're such a mark" or an actor to say "You don't still go the theatre do you? Jesus what a punter"

Its a bunch of insecure people trying to make themselves feel like some kind of celebrity. They want acceptance from a small group of people at first but then when they get that acceptance it becomes almost embarrassing to them because they know they're in a business that isn't socially accepted. Those people then decide to rip into those for having the audacity to watch them - because why would anyone watch it when it's not "cool"? Its the school nerd who somehow suddenly becomes cool and then bullies his old friends for being nerds.

They just want to feel as though they're better than someone else.

Hooray! Small indie Brit promoters taking potshots at each other on a public forum! The boom times are here again!

Next thing we know, Danny Williams will be sniffing around again.

I've never understood that myself. I'm actually more inclined to book a wrestler whose still a fan of WWE etc because at least they know what todays mass market wrestling fan enjoys.

Perhaps if people used words like "customers" more often it wouldn't be the case and people would see it as the business that it is. I know if I ripped on my customers who shop in my store I wouldn't have many customers for long.

I think it's fair enough to take the piss out of your customers in some cases. If I was a promoter and someone came to me trying to buy a ticket for a BritWres show when they haven't paid their dues at a WWE taping and a TNA live tour, I'd laugh them out of the shop, the fucking poseurs. There's thousands of people on Twitter agreeing with me as well.

I've never understood that myself. I'm actually more inclined to book a wrestler whose still a fan of WWE etc because at least they know what todays mass market wrestling fan enjoys.

Agreed 100%

• Paid Members
With all due respect, I get what you're saying but we're fans of something having a natter about in a fan forum, he's a professional (always a dangerous word to use in the context of UK wrestling I know but we'll roll with it) promoter supposedly attempting to make a professional pitch for an investor. The way the UKFF talks about him and the way he talks about the UKFF aren't comparable, they're two separate things. I've had a problem with crappy fruit from a supermarket lately, I might say to my friend who's really fascinated about fruit from supermarkets "fuck that place, all their fruit is shit" but I wouldn't then expect the company to ring me up and say "fuck you, you're a useless customer" because that would be unprofessional and make them look ridiculous. You're suggesting that the way a professional treats his fans and the 'industry' he's in is comparable to the way the fans discuss things on a message board. They aren't comparable. In the slightest.

But you actually shopped in the supermarket right?

With all due respect, I get what you're saying but we're fans of something having a natter about in a fan forum, he's a professional (always a dangerous word to use in the context of UK wrestling I know but we'll roll with it) promoter supposedly attempting to make a professional pitch for an investor. The way the UKFF talks about him and the way he talks about the UKFF aren't comparable, they're two separate things. I've had a problem with crappy fruit from a supermarket lately, I might say to my friend who's really fascinated about fruit from supermarkets "fuck that place, all their fruit is shit" but I wouldn't then expect the company to ring me up and say "fuck you, you're a useless customer" because that would be unprofessional and make them look ridiculous. You're suggesting that the way a professional treats his fans and the 'industry' he's in is comparable to the way the fans discuss things on a message board. They aren't comparable. In the slightest.

Ok i will try very hard to make it my last comment on this subject. I have no problem with anyone knocking Lens business or ideas, or criticizing his efforts but there was alot of smearing going on about his character, dishonest, a liar etc which in my experience his is not, even knocking his aim to become an actor with is totally irrelevant to the topic. As i said before i dont think Len put the thread on here in the first place or was looking for money from any of us guys.

• Moderators
That's a point - Len, did you make "Loud and Proud"? I would pay for an MP3.

He didn't. Edler might still have it on his computer if you're lucky.

I composed played and produced "Loud and Proud" which is sung by the Lead Singer of Chariot.

I will happily send an mp3 to anyone who emails me at lenwdavies@aol.com.

90% of the music used in RQW is my own.

There you go giving shit away for free again.. will you never learn? :p

One of us no life losers right.

Listen i have said on many times over the years there are some good people on here, i have even had messages of support over night but there are some on here who are sad losers who need to get a life if you are in the catergory that includes you if not i apologize for any offence caused.

• Paid Members

Ok i will try very hard to make it my last comment on this subject. I have no problem with anyone knocking Lens business or ideas, or criticizing his efforts but there was alot of smearing going on about his character, dishonest, a liar etc which in my experience his is not, even knocking his aim to become an actor with is totally irrelevant to the topic. As i said before i dont think Len put the thread on here in the first place or was looking for money from any of us guys.

My point was basically that there are people here who will slag stuff off they really have little or no interest in, no intention of watching or going to see so someone such as yourself having a dig at them isn't the same as a supermarket having a go at someone who actually shops in their store.

Archived