RQW returns, asks for money

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

I just got a PM from someone, who said they got a PM from someone. If that makes sense. Not earthly idea why he's PM'd it to be, since I've said fuck all but it went:

heres what yuo cunts have done to len.lay off him, u sad bastard.

LenLenLen.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO?! I've kept well clear of this thread :(

EDIT: Should make it clear, I got a PM from someone, who got a PM from someone. I have no idea who actually sent the original message. Anyone else get this?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see that Ricky thinks so much of us all as well.

Pretty much the first thing I thought.

Pretty hypocritical that he came in here being all cordial and then is a right little keyboard warrior on facebook. Surely you would just say what you want to on "some little mean fuck all forum".

The assumption that if you use a forum to discuss wrestling that your a lazy cretin who doesn't do anything is the real world still confuses me beyond belief. In this day and age where technology is the norm, surely it is expected that people from all walks of life would use something such as a forum to discuss their hobbies/interests especially when its something fairly niche like wrestling.

Good to see that Ricky thinks so much of us all as well.

Hey mate if the cap fits where it, i have said many times there are some really decent people on here but there is a minority on here that think they are the dogs and have a pop about everything. These people judge without knowing the facts or the people they are knocking. Len for example have a go about his business etc, but to question his honesty and integrity and belittle the fact the guy is trying to better himself is just petty imo. I know the man, worked alongside the man and know he is an ok guy.

• Paid Members

They dont mind asking for six grand off those sad bastards to open up a wrestling promotion to target that audience of sad bastards, though. I imagine Len Davis is a good bloke. As a matter of fact, reading what I've read about him, I'm sure he is. But saying stuff like that is canny out of order. Ricky Knight, you expect if from, because many a times he's came across as backwards fucker straight from an episode of Love Thy Neighbour.

What's sad is seeing Len Davis (a noted good bloke) associating himself with your typical mark promoters in the UK, who think they are Eric Bischoff because they once had Shark Boy on their show. Very few promoters on here have been decent. The UKFF isn't even that powerful a tool to promote, considering nobody on here is bothered about wrestling to a large degree anymore. The smart promoters are the ones who draw crowds based on publicity generated towards the show they are promoting (Ricky Knights a good example of this actually). Not posting something on this forum. But they can't help themselves. Fuck knows why. Its no wonder British wrestling has a bad reputation. Kevin Nash hates us, DDP hates us, Kid Kash just buried us, Keiji Muto called us a "dangerous place to do business". If you have something bad to say whether its to the people on here, the wrestlers, lads ... keep it to real life gossip. It does more harm than good.

You never got this with Celebrity Wrestling.

They dont mind asking for six grand off those sad bastards to open up a wrestling promotion to target that audience of sad bastards, though. I imagine Len Davis is a good bloke. As a matter of fact, reading what I've read about him, I'm sure he is. But saying stuff like that is canny out of order. Ricky Knight, you expect if from, because many a times he's came across as backwards fucker straight from an episode of Love Thy Neighbour.

What's sad is seeing Len Davis (a noted good bloke) associating himself with your typical mark promoters in the UK, who think they are Eric Bischoff because they once had Shark Boy on their show. Very few promoters on here have been decent. The UKFF isn't even that powerful a tool to promote, considering nobody on here is bothered about wrestling to a large degree anymore. The smart promoters are the ones who draw crowds based on publicity generated towards the show they are promoting (Ricky Knights a good example of this actually). Not posting something on this forum. But they can't help themselves. Fuck knows why. Its no wonder British wrestling has a bad reputation. Kevin Nash hates us, DDP hates us, Kid Kash just buried us, Keiji Muto called us a "dangerous place to do business". If you have something bad to say whether its to the people on here, the wrestlers, lads ... keep it to real life gossip. It does more harm than good.

You never got this with Celebrity Wrestling.

Glad to know you are a fan of mine bud. Just a question did Len actually post it on here or was it not by someone else, i am sure Lens appeal was never meant for the ukff and as i said before its common way of getting funding in the States, i had a major sponsor for my last show does that make me a ponce of course not, every promoter would love investment, backing in some way.

These people judge without knowing the facts or the people they are knocking.

Sounds like exactly what you just did on facebook. Maybe the cap fits you, Ricky, and you should where it.

Buddy i judged the words and the slur that Len was some how dishonest, how many who wrote that know the man personally. The difference is i dont pretend to be an angel mate i am like marmite people love me or hate me but after near 30 yrs in the wrestling business, i have learnt not to care either way.

• Paid Members

Appeals like the one Len is starting, aren't meant for the average Joe on the street. Its the internet mug, who will pay to see a lot of British wrestling events. I doubt a young lad going to All Star to buy a Rey Mysterio mask is plumping a few quid Len's way to get RQW back off the ground. Nobody but a few people know what RQW is. Len isn't bringing ECW back from the dead. Its RQW. 200 people and a bloke with a carrier bag next to his feet know what RQW is. Len's appeal is to drag money out of forums like this. In other words, the only people who are willing to pay to get RQW back are people who follow wrestling more than they really should. Only 'sad bastards' would help RQW get back off the ground. If it wasn't for 'sad bastards' there would be no RQW, there would be no Alex Shane, there wouldn't be a TNA or a ROH. So the next time you slag off your audience, remember they are also the loyalist fans around. If wrestling fans disappeared and (shock, horror) got lives, then there would be WWE and TNA left, and nobody would go and see skinny lads in kickpads doing RVD and Jerry Lynn matches at the York Hall anymore. Quality control is put on hold when watching British Wrestling, because wrestling fans are loyal to a fault. They will put shit to the back of their mind and enjoy it.

Mark Sloan is a testament to this. He brings over Japanese and Indy workers. He doesn't say "lol sad bastards wanting to see these chinkies". No he targets an audience and respects them, and they respect him back. Nobody on here slags Sloan off. Maybe the likes of Ricky Knight, Alex Shane and Danny Rodd need to look and see why people call them on their shit and reply in kind instead of burying the audience they are supposed to be targeting.

• Paid Members
These people judge without knowing the facts or the people they are knocking.

Sounds like exactly what you just did on facebook. Maybe the cap fits you, Ricky, and you should where it.

Buddy i judged the words and the slur that Len was some how dishonest, how many who wrote that know the man personally.

That's my point. You feel entitled to spout off on youtube about people you don't know being harsh about someone they don't know. Pretty hypocritical, no?

Archived