RQW returns, asks for money

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Fucking hell people, let's get a little sense of perspective here please. There was only a very small handful of posters that said anything close to what you might consider to be 'PERSONAL ATTACKS'. Then there were a few more (myself included) that criticised the Indiegogo project. The way Len Davies and a few of the posters here are talking you would think that there had been some mass forum-wide outpouring of hatred and slanderous accusations. There wasn't. Get a grip.

The vast majoirty of posters in this thread have agreed that Len would appear to be a good guy, with his heart in the right place, which makes his little rant look rather pathetic, along with all the others white-knighting the thread.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest - I have no personal knowledge or interest in Len or RQW. Even if i had the money i wouldnt invest - i dont think theres a real market or profit to be made selling clips - you can get a lot of stuff for free if you're interested enough to look. If he has a market and makes the project work then good luck to him. If you dont believe in his product you dont contribute to it - or buy it. I'ts that simple.

I think the industry (or whatever we're supposed to call it) should worry more about these guys http://www.indiegogo.com/wrestlingfedcampaign (and i say this as a former rubbish promoter myself) Still, they've raised ten dollars, only $49,990 to go.

Also discovered a pitch for a Tammy Sytch cookery book - not enough money raised before time ran out though... sad.

http://www.indiegogo.com/Out-of-the-Ring-I...s-Original-Diva

Fucking hell people, let's get a little sense of perspective here please. There was only a very small handful of posters that said anything close to what you might consider to be 'PERSONAL ATTACKS'. Then there were a few more (myself included) that criticised the Indiegogo project. The way Len Davies and a few of the posters here are talking you would think that there had been some mass forum-wide outpouring of hatred and slanderous accusations. There wasn't. Get a grip.

The vast majoirty of posters in this thread have agreed that Len would appear to be a good guy, with his heart in the right place, which makes his little rant look rather pathetic, along with all the others white-knighting the thread.

Go read the first page back, granted it got a bit less one sided once ricky "White knighted" the thread, but see how it actually started.

• Paid Members
Opcws:

I like Len as a person from the probably less than 30 minutes I've spent talking to him

moofasa:

This is a personal attack on nobody. Len Davies is a super nice guy.

Tommy:

I've never met Len but I've never heard a bad word about him, as this thread seems to re-enforce.

Patrick "Madman" Kelly:

I always found Len to be a stand up bloke and he does care about British wrestling

Jetta's G-string:

Len seems like a nice guy

The_BarbarIAN:

What's sad is seeing Len Davis (a noted good bloke) associating himself with your typical mark promoters in the UK,

Beckham's Right Foot:

If Len Davies, just a promoter, paid your wife a decent sum of money per month, for the duration of her injured days, why don't you return the favour and help the guy out? I mean, it's an amazingly generous thing to do. He didn't have to do that, not at all. There aren't many in the world that would.

Sir Steve Redgrave:

Len really is a good guy

Arch Stanton:

Len would appear to be a good guy, with his heart in the right place,

Glad we got that sorted.

A few people did have a pot shot at him, fair enough. But there is really no reason to brand the whole forum "sad bastards" or that this is the worst thing to happen to British Wrestling (especially considering this forum pre-dated Alex Shane, and if it wasn't for this forum, there would probably no FWA or Alex Shane ... actually maybe it is the worst thing to happen to British Wrestling). Vince McMahon is notoriously thin skinned, but even he doesn't tar everyone with the same brush. Even Eric Bischoff calls the dickheads who troll him the "10 percenters". I don't follow British Wrestling much anymore, but he's always been touted as a really good bloke, and I feel he should have just ignored to bad comments on here and not taken them to personally.

I hope Len does make it in Hollywood. I just hope for his sake he doesn't make it to big because those reviews can be cutting. I wonder if he's seen the Dark Knight Rises thread. :crazy:

• Paid Members

Go read the first page back, granted it got a bit less one sided once ricky "White knighted" the thread, but see how it actually started.

How did it actually start, Kiffy? Seems to me like people ripped into everything that wasn't a good idea about it, and hearkened back to the failures of RQW. Britfan was a twat about it, and a few people pointed out Len's homely sackface (which wouldn't actually stop him acting, really) and unimpressing showreel performance. There wasn't the upturned chalice of vitriol being forced down his neck that you seem to be alluding too - more one or two twats twatting it up, some cut ups cutting up, and everyone else giving some reasonable criticism, which does seem a tad bit misguided in that the chain of info seems to have gone:

Len wants to raise money for a show now he's in the US, but it gets brought to the attention of the UKFF > Hey, RQW was a qualified failure in its own right, and its possible successes are far less visible > If Len wants that money, and RQW shit in the first place, then why is he asking us?

• Paid Members

For FUCK'S sake. We're wrestling fans talking about wrestling on a wrestling forum. There's no *scene*. There are wrestling shows in buildings in towns, and almost all of the people who go to them don't read anything more than the poster beforehand, let alone this forum specifically.

Whether 1PW deserved bile or not isn't actually a different debate. It's the same debate - 1PW definitely did deserve bile, and it was the cause of the bile (ridiculously long shows, fuckups with money and whatever else reducing the quality and future potential quality of the ridiculously long shows, people in charge not having a clue when to let something die) that killed off 1PW, not what was said about it on here. 1PW perpetuated a series of disasters, and people discussed it here because this is a wrestling forum where people discuss things that happen in wrestling. As it happens, a few *hardcore* 1PW fans and staff developed a weird cult/pack mentality and decided they needed to argue everything to death on here, which meant that what might've been a 5 page thread about 1PW's latest fuckup turned into a 30 page argument about 1PW's latest fuckup. That was nothing to do with 1PW's failures. 1PW's failures already happened, and the reason they got discussed here was because this is a wrestling forum where people discuss things that happen in wrestling. 1PW failed because 1PW failed. We just talked about it. And yes, people did delight in the latest 1PW sleaze, because it was funny. And we did so because this is a wrestling forum where people discuss things that happen in wrestling.

This forum does British wrestling shows favours and harm in that it convinces people who are already members, and perhaps the odd stray Googler, whether or not to go to a show. It doesn't do significant benefit or harm to British wrestling. This is because there's no such single entity as "British wrestling". There's a bunch of different promotions that people refer to as "British wrestling" when they need to refer to it collectively for whatever reasono. Nothing happens to all of these promotions at the same time. Their fortunes aren't tied together. That's why some are successful and some aren't. That's why they survive or fold regardless of what is said on this wrestling forum where people discuss things that happen in wrestling.

Talking about the behaviour of the forum is just the stupidest thing of all. The forum doesn't have behaviour. We're individual people posting what we think about stuff. And nobody has anything to take responsibility for. There's no joint opinion, there's no joint action. Fucking hell, now that I come to it, I can't believe anyone would actually attempt to argue that posters on this forum should band together and feel bad about all the damage they've done to a bunch of promoters who would be idiots to give a shit beyond taking on board fair criticism. I can't even believe that Kiffy would argue this.

I don't want to get involved in cussing people, but this forum has an events section Knightmare has already said not to place too much importance on this, however he advertises. Some truly believe this and don't at all. Fight Club Pro, All Star, LDN, Premier promotions. However I have seen threads started on each companies upcoming shows by fans on here. I don't know if I would of got to expeirence the excitement of an FCP card if a fan had not posted a thread about it on here and am going to a second show tomorrow because a fan once again started a thread. Maybe a small thing but there is positive on this forum.

Strangely enough, this is the same way I discovered FCP. Tomorrow will be my 5th show, and it

• Moderators

THE LESSON OF THIS THREAD:

Some wrestling promoters and personalities take this forum far more seriously than the people who mess about posting on it. Which is sad.

Archived