RQW returns, asks for money

Big Benny HG

What does this place actually do to look out for the british wrestling scene?

I don't want to get involved in cussing people, but this forum has an events section Knightmare has already said not to place too much importance on this, however he advertises. Some truly believe this and don't at all. Fight Club Pro, All Star, LDN, Premier promotions. However I have seen threads started on each companies upcoming shows by fans on here. I don't know if I would of got to expeirence the excitement of an FCP card if a fan had not posted a thread about it on here and am going to a second show tomorrow because a fan once again started a thread. Maybe a small thing but there is positive on this forum.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think this forum also does a good job in outing the shitearse promoters around the UK - I think some of that is a byproduct of a definite negativity, but if a promotion can stand up to the scrutiny of being constantly called into question regarding quality, then its probably got something going for it.

PERSONAL ATTACKS

by Len Davies

British wrestling's BIGGEST problems are forums like this...

This is an astonishingly stupid thing to say.

This is a Fan Forum. I know that there are a fair number of wrestlers/promoters/people associated with the business on here, but the fact remains that it's a forum for wrestling fans. Not Britwres fans, just wrestling fans.

There's a reason the British product gets patronised a little on here, and it's because for the majority of posters, watching TNA or WWE, or Japanese or defunct US promotions, it's laughably small-time. Nevertheless, UK promotions get an entire subforum to populate with shills for their shows. Not content with that, some of them also choose to post on here. Quite a few of them, like Martin Q. Blank, are too much of a pussy to reveal their identity and back up their opinions, but others actually come on here and go back and forth with the fans.

I can tell you that in MY industry, going on a public forum and discussing your product to any level would mean instant dismissal. I very rarely post in the videogame sections on here, and have never once commented on anything I have worked on. I also (hopefully) have never slagged off other people's products using personal knowledge. If I did that on a gaming forum, my employers would have good grounds for giving me the boot.

If you want to know what British Wrestling's biggest problem is, it's that - a lack of professionalism. As far as I can see, the only person who actually treats it as a proper business is Dixon, and you don't see him on here (afaik). The impact of this forum is the same as any fan forum - it'll serve to make fans aware of good product, and perhaps warn them of bad product, but it doesn't actually influence that product.

So jog on, Len. You've used up any remaining goodwill from your potential customer base here. Good luck in the US!

• Paid Members
Here's an article knocking about:

PERSONAL ATTACKS

by Len Davies

...(apart from a few solid members) they are basically nothing more than a bunch of know it all idiots who've never stood up for anything of note and certainly hate to be recognised, hiding behind their computer screen names and classing themselves as experts in everything.

........ some other retard left a totally childish abusive message on my youtube video, and it was just a total personal slating that makes you think I'm a child abuser or something. RIDICULOUS!!!!! GET A LIFE YOU IDIOTS!

Lost any respect after these comments. Would love to see the ratio of total UKFF members, to those that have unfairly disrespected Len on a personal level on this thread (and there are some, no doubting that). Not sure it is a vast majority vs 'a few solid members'. Quite the reverse i'm willing to wager. Same goes for a ratio of total members, to ones that are only reading this to pass the time or be entertained (and who couldn't give a flying fig about Len, Knightmare or any of the posters who are slagging them both off).

Also good to see someone who is willing to stand up against personal attacks and rising above totally childish abusive comments by calling individuals retards. Well done sir.

star.jpg

Dean Ayass - rode coat tails of pretty much every 'major' promotion going- they usually head for deaths door not long after. Hugely over opionated for a man with zero talents, the looks of Jonathan Kings lovechild with a touch of downs, and the wit to match. Has been a leech on british wrestling for years, but gets work because hes a. Cheap, b. Mates with mark sloan and c. Pesters via email for months.

Len Davies - "nice bloke n all that - no fuckin clue". Ran terrible shows with he sole idea of havng videos of women wrestlers to wank over. Good on any wrestler who fleeced him for cash - he agreed to the fees if hes such a shit business man by not doing basic home work then he deserves everything he gets.

Ricky Knight - mr carny. Just because youre fat doesnt mean youre tough, so i,m sure there is no reason to be scared of you. If you think that people who go on the net are all "keyboard warriorz lol" then why the fuck do you populate the place with ads for your shows? Why show up as mr voice of reason, nice guy Ricky Knight every single fucking time theres a thread about brit wres sleaze. Theres only one succesful, talented promoter in the Uk and thsts Dixon - certainly not you mate.

:D post of the day. love it.

Was just thinking that, mighty impressed with how dixon managed to stay away from being mr carny.

I think this forum also does a good job in outing the shitearse promoters around the UK - I think some of that is a byproduct of a definite negativity, but if a promotion can stand up to the scrutiny of being constantly called into question regarding quality, then its probably got something going for it.

So, by "Looking out for british wrestling" what was meant was "Highlighting the worst of british wrestling, alot" seriously you only need to look at the size of the threads gleefully highlighting and publicising every bit of sleaze behind 1PW, then compare them to to any thread praising a show or promotion? For all it's problems, 1PW gave alot of guys a paycheck and a chance to work in front of a huge crowd. And this place certainly did it's bit (not all of it by any means, but it did it's bit) in helping to close the thing down.

There's obviously the events section, and people do praise promotions that tickle the forums fancy. But even then the place mainly ignores the most healthy ones, (the welsh one, waw, and all star would be the most regular and well run wouldn't they? That seems to be the general consensus, though that's just from glancing, let me know if I'm way off).

Look at all the shit Len's getting on here, for daring to try to source funding for another project, wasn't it him that ensured muta still got a paycheque and the fans got a match after the 1PW debacle? That's doing a million times more to look out for british wrestling and the fans of british wrestling than the vast majority of people queing up to slag him off, in comparison to "Highlighting shitass promotors" certainly.

I'm still not sure how this forum's obsession with publicising the very worst promotors actually does anything positive for "The scene" to an outsider it seems to just highlight you'd be better off not bothering.

I think that Len has a right to be pissed off to an extent. As stated, he didn't present this idea to the UKFF to get their backing - someone else brought it up. And even if people think it's a shit idea or whatever, there was no need to start ripping on the bloke's personal ambitions or career interests away from wrestling promotion/production. "Haha, he wants to be an actor and he's all old and shit", yeah, clever. Grow up a bit perhaps! That has nothing to do with anything.

From what I know, the Muta-saving situation did a huge amount to save face for British Wrestling. Even if that was his sole important act, it was a hell of a good thing he did and helped to keep relationships with Japan strong at a time when a far more dubious "promoter" was nearly fucking everything up for everyone. One of the RQW shows was a charity affair too, collecting food for the homeless. Judge Len's business acts harshly if you want, but getting on his case on a personal level just seems really harsh and unfair.

This thread just seems like another case of people trying to be funny while ripping on others. In this particular case it seems completely unwarranted. By everyone's accounts, Len was (at worst) naive to how wrestling worked in the UK. Considering he brought other experience to the table himself (and simply trusted the wrong people) it's hardly crime of the century. All the ripping just comes across as nasty and needless - but then there absolutely are a lot of people on here who are like that about everything.

You can see why people often write-off this forum as being "all full of cunts" when a load of people turn this into a character assassination thread about someone who appears to be a nice bloke with his heart in the right place.

I guess as long as people keep bring the "hilarious" funnies - that's all that matters!

• Paid Members

Outsiders don't come on here looking for advice on which shows to go to. People go to wrestling shows in their area if they like wrestling, and if they like the show they go back again. If this forum has anything to do with any promotion failing then it's because the promoter cares far too much about this forum. This forum does nothing. NOTHING.

For fuck's sake. We've been having this argument for years now. I'm sick of it. Can we not have a thing on the registration page? "Do you think this forum has any effect on British wrestling business performance?", and if they click "yes" their IP address gets permabanned?

• Paid Members

At the end of the day, this is a fan forum. People are talking like this place is the be all and end all. If these promotions are taking the comments from one website on the internet to heart so much then they are not ready for the amount of critique they will get if interest does increase. Len really is a good guy and some of the accusations and names being thrown at him are wrong but maybe a thicker skin is needed if he is going to go through with a venture like this.

Outsiders don't come on here looking for advice on which shows to go to. People go to wrestling shows in their area if they like wrestling, and if they like the show they go back again. If this forum has anything to do with any promotion failing then it's because the promoter cares far too much about this forum. This forum does nothing. NOTHING.

For fuck's sake. We've been having this argument for years now. I'm sick of it. Can we not have a thing on the registration page? "Do you think this forum has any effect on British wrestling business performance?", and if they click "yes" their IP address gets permabanned?

A minimal effect maybe, but on the basis that there are people on here who do take their views on whats worth and not worth checking out from what they read on here, it can't be said to have no effect at all. And to guarantee people don't lurk and pick stuff up? Well that's just silly.

Something like 1PW, which has alot of people on here as some of it's target audience certainly would have been affected to a degree by the torrent of bile and hatred and exposing thrown it's way (warranted or not, that's an entirely different debate).

By the by mind, my larger point was the idea that this forum in some way "Looks out" for british wrestling and helps it is laughable, as it clearly doesn't. It publicises some positives, yes, but works far harder on highlighting negatives, given that, at best, it has a small negative effect on the scene as a whole.

The thread ended here really.

Do you know what my true issue is? It's the fact that there's only really one reason i'm on this forum, and that's because i'm a fan. Now I can admit that, unlike a lot of others involved in wrestling. And a lot of people tell me I shouldn't post on this forum because it makes me look like a 'punter', well sorry to upset, but deep down I am a punter, that's why I got involved in the business. So the reason I tend to respond to threads like this with such 'venom' is because as a fan i'm sick to death of every few months, some muppet from BWC, or FWA, or RQW etc coming on here, with a stupid plan to make British wrestling huge again, or to make people rich from it, and telling everyone how great they are and what they've done for British Wrestling. It started off as being laughable, but now its just downright annoying.

As for you Len, I don't know you and you maybe a lovely guy. But why don't you just do it on your own? Why leave yourself open to abuse? People will abuse you because they'll sit there and think "What has Len done to actually deserve our money?". The problem with the BWC cronies etc is that they're all full of hot air, and people see through it. You all promise stuff and it never really comes to fruition does it? And when it fails, these people will leave wrestling for a year or two, fail in the real world too, then come back to try and build their ego up with some new masterplan, and guess what, it will fail again.

Now I don't get much abuse on this forum thankfully, and it's not because I kiss arse or anything. It's probably because I don't come on here promising to change the landscape of British wrestling, I don't insult peoples intelligence. I just get on with my business, and i'm honest about it. That's what half of these BWC idiots need to do, because it's actually them who are making the business a joke. Think about Len, you come on here and say "enjoy ripping this apart, I know you have nothing better to do with your lives"....yet your life is so exciting that you made a youtube video of yourself that probably took a few hours!!! And it's not just you who does silly shit like that. Come on, look at these FWA videos where Alex is talking about the FWA etc for fuck sake, its a joke! I laugh every time. What goes through your minds?! It's like me waking up, looking in the mirror and saying "Right, today i'm going to make a youtube video about my security firm, and how i'm good for British security and how those bastards G4S are killing it". In the context of the real world, its pathetic! I have a 4 year old daughter, and i'd be embarrassed if in a few years time she typed my name in youtube, and up popped some silly video of me talking about taking over British wrestling. Please, the lot of you, have a word with yourself.

I probably sound like a broken record as I always say this, but please just treat wrestling as the business that it is. I don't give a damn about the BWC, I don't give a damn about Alex, I don't give a damn about the FWA etc All I care about is running good, entertaining profitable wrestling shows. Because at the end of the day, that's actually the way to make British wrestling better. So get off your arse and do something about your dreams instead of begging for money. The best donations for your business are the ones off real fans paying to see your product.

At the end of the day, this is a fan forum. People are talking like this place is the be all and end all. If these promotions are taking the comments from one website on the internet to heart so much then they are not ready for the amount of critique they will get if interest does increase. Len really is a good guy and some of the accusations and names being thrown at him are wrong but maybe a thicker skin is needed if he is going to go through with a venture like this.

That's such a fucking cop out, bloke does something way away from the forum, gets pages of slagging off, and rather than accept maybe this place is acting like a cunt, you say the guy needs a thicker skin?

The lengths people will go to to avoid taking any form of responsibility for their collective actions really can be quite astounding.

• Paid Members

That's such a fucking cop out, bloke does something way away from the forum, gets pages of slagging off, and rather than accept maybe this place is acting like a cunt, you say the guy needs a thicker skin?

The lengths people will go to to avoid taking any form of responsibility for their collective actions really can be quite astounding.

So, what have I said that I need to take responsibility for? Go on lad, enlighten me...

Collective responsibility, young un. Gotta read all the words if you want to reply.

Your post moves the issue away from the forums behaviour, and lays the blame squarely at len's feet for not having a thicker skin and being ready to take all the unwarranted abuse. Which is what I was calling a fucking cop out.

Consider yourself enlightened ;)

• Paid Members
Collective responsibility, young un. Gotta read all the words if you want to reply.

Your post moves the issue away from the forums behaviour, and lays the blame squarely at len's feet for not having a thicker skin and being ready to take all the unwarranted abuse. Which is what I was calling a fucking cop out.

Consider yourself enlightened ;)

Hardly. I have not directly addressed whether what was said was wrong or not. All I said was that Len would have come across better if he had just have gotten on with what he was doing rather than take the bait and get involved. It never, ever turns out well when people do that on here. If this venture was going to be successful, it wouldn't matter what this forum had to say about it.

;)

Archived