IMPACT Wrestling Discussion 28th June 2012 **SPOILERS**

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Have they said it's top four go through to playoffs? I know they did that last year, but TNA's site just says most points wins the title shot.

If that's the case, presumably they'll just have everyone have do their last match on the September show, chuck in a Bobby Roode match, and the card's done.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Their website has this on it:

The standings will be “locked” on the September 6 edition of IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV. The top point leaders advance to No Surrender PPV (9/9) for a one-night playoff to see who gets the Bound For Glory World Title Match.

They couldn't not do the playoff this year. It was the only thing with any redeeming quality from the 2011 BFG Series.. The league table was a massive fuck up last year.

What? The top four wrestle each other in a playoff. It doesn't matter if Kurt Angle came fourth with four points. If he wins the playoff, he gets a title shot. Storm's 36 points means fuck all if he loses the four man tournament at the end of the BFG Series. Storm should be leading, whether its obvious or not.

And they all have to wrestle each other anyway.

Not if it's ran like last year. The last four men didn't have a mini single elimination tournament, they had a series of matches to win further points.

I.e. You could end up with a situation whereby one man MUST win via submission to take the match, whereby the other could take it by getting a time limit draw etc etc.

Hopefully they stick to this, because your right... it would piss all over the whole point system if it becomes a single elimination jobbie.

Sabian from CZW and Scorpio Sky wrestled in the X tournament. I only know that because I Googled them. They were just two black blokes in shit wrestling attire. It didn't last long, but it was alright. If you enjoyed seeing two new cruiserweights on Nitro with no background, you'll like it. The one with the afro won (?). He was far better than the other bloke to be fair. Hogan announced that next week its James Storm vs Jeff Hardy in the main event. The Hulkster also said something about the lads who attacked Sting 'didn't work for the company'.

It may have looked like that in the match But Scorpio Sky is actually very good for proof you just need to look at his matches with Austin Aries on the nwa hollywood website provided they are still up haven't looked in a while.

Also no one has mentioned yet that they basicly renamed Jigsaw as another puzzle. :)

• Paid Members
What? The top four wrestle each other in a playoff. It doesn't matter if Kurt Angle came fourth with four points. If he wins the playoff, he gets a title shot. Storm's 36 points means fuck all if he loses the four man tournament at the end of the BFG Series. Storm should be leading, whether its obvious or not.

And they all have to wrestle each other anyway.

Not if it's ran like last year. The last four men didn't have a mini single elimination tournament, they had a series of matches to win further points.

I.e. You could end up with a situation whereby one man MUST win via submission to take the match, whereby the other could take it by getting a time limit draw etc etc.

Hopefully they stick to this, because your right... it would piss all over the whole point system if it becomes a single elimination jobbie.

Yeah, the page Ian quoted with the playoffs also says most points at the end wins.

You could have a really weird situation where the last match has one guy 11 points behind the other, meaning the only way he can win is by DQ (because the other guy loses points.) That would be weird: the leader would be trying to take a dive or walkout, while the guy in second place would be all "I heard the ref says your mum's a slag, go on, hit him"

Edit: Looking back, last year wasn't meant to be a mini-tournament as such on the final night, just two extra point-scoring matches. It just worked out that the winners of those two matches wound up tied, so they had a tiebreaker.

• Paid Members

I don't think that is the concept, though. I'm almost positive either Bob Ryder or David Lagana (or one of the big wigs) mentioned on twitter that it would be a 1st vs 4th/2nd vs 3rd type thing, like in the Championship playoffs. That's why they said the series is frozen a few weeks before the PPV. The Round Robin ends and a playoff tournament commences.

I'm quite gutted there is no Gunner this year. I don't know who's made the decision to take him off TV, but its a dumb one. Gunner has improved so much in the last year and was one of the best things on the show. He's a great man. Flair leaving and Bischoff being off TV has killed his stock in the promotion, which is a shame. I hope its just a case of them wanting to reintroduce him soon. But he should be a regular. He's great.

• Paid Members

If that is the case, they should probably drop the line "The wrestler with the most points at the end of the Bound For Glory Series wins and advances to the Bound For Glory main event!" from their site.

Either they've written that page really badly, or they haven't got themselves straight about how the finals work.

One thing that came to my mind is that if they're going to go straight into the first match, they could have a graphic at the bottom of the screen during the match saying what they have coming next.

Also, I thought it was a bit odd that there was the clip of Taz saying how he hates people walking around like they're entitled to something in TNA and then having him big up Rashad so much.

Overall, good episode. Didn't drag at all for me. They have all of these stars at their disposal. Gutted about that rating if it's true. It makes you wonder what will ever make the ratings shift significantly. I know it's early days though, but nothing seems to do it.

I've only recently got back into TNA, but I don't understand the Anderson hate. When I'd see him sporadically from about 2010 - now, I thought he was fine. Nothing excellent, nothing awful but he has confidence. I've been told he was fine too. He hasn't looked bad since I started watching again on a regular basis 2 or 3 months ago. I'm not keen on the 'asshole' thing, but I wouldn't shit all over him for it.

• Paid Members
I like them bringing in unknowns and all but I'm hoping they pick some better people next week. They just need to bring Pac in and the X Division is all sorted.

Even though it's pretty much one-way, TNA's relationship with AAA could easily provide so much x-division talent to keep us pervert types happy. Bring in someone like Fenix, Aerostar or Drago and they'd be a sensation for that audience. Even guys they hardly ever use nowadays like Laredo Kid or Super Fly would do a whole lot better than any US indie flyers. The only downside is no promos, but that's hardly a priority for the x-division.

Aye, but you have just given me an idea that I would have used in an E-Fed 10 years ago. You could bring in someone mint on the Mic as a manager/faction leader role. That person could be Latin and believes that the X-Div title should belong to someone from south of the boarder.

Each week, month, whatever, he could introduce a new guy to come and compete in the x-division and speak on their behalf. I don't know who this person would be, but a mexican version of Slick would be appreciated.

Anyway, mint show, and i fully agree... get Pac in there, as well as some dragon gate lads.

• Paid Members
Aye, but you have just given me an idea that I would have used in an E-Fed 10 years ago. You could bring in someone mint on the Mic as a manager/faction leader role. That person could be Latin and believes that the X-Div title should belong to someone from south of the boarder.

Each week, month, whatever, he could introduce a new guy to come and compete in the x-division and speak on their behalf. I don't know who this person would be, but a mexican version of Slick would be appreciated.

You honestly don't know? How can you have forgotten:

06.jpg

ARRRRRRMANDOOOO

ALEJANDRRRRROOOO

ESTRRRRRAAAAAADAAAAAAAA!

• Paid Members

You honestly don't know? How can you have forgotten:

06.jpg

ARRRRRRMANDOOOO

ALEJANDRRRRROOOO

ESTRRRRRAAAAAADAAAAAAAA!

10 points squire!!!

• Paid Members

I honestly would like to see him in TNA. They don't have much in the way of managers, and he really was good on the mike.

Also would like to see Aerostar in the X-Division. Spot-monkey, but what a spot-monkey.

Archived