MASKS

WWFChilli

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

co sign on the Super Dragon mask. I actually have a replica (black and silver) which is quite cool. Also Excaliburs looked nice

• Paid Members

Super Dragon's mask is easily my fave, just a wonderful design no matter what you think of him as a wrestler, it's further proof that Mister CACAO is one of the greatest mask makers of all time ever and ever and stuff.

• Paid Members

Even now, I still think Kendo's mask is the business. Suits his character perfectly, and is really distinctive.

Also, much love for Hayabusa's. Quite like Octagon's and Cibernetico's too.

EDIT: And Miles Mayhem's mask was always better than Matt Tracker's.

• Paid Members
I was a big fan of the mysterious masked superstar:

Sadly, he wasn't around for long, and his identity was never revealed, though it DID look a lot like Shawn's chin.

I guess the video of him taking his mask off on Smackdown did nothing to reveal his identity to you then.

For fucks sake

Any way, I loved Liger's whole look, not just the mask but the whole get up. Just so memorable and spot on. I always felt it looked really "futuristic" some how.

Is it just me who doesn't like Super Dragon's mask then? It's got nothing to do with my feelings on the chap under it, but I've always thought hte mask looked pretty rubbish. This guy is a super looking dragon (and I'm not just saying that becuase he looks like a badass version of the dragon in Through The Dragon's eye):

dragopresen.jpg

Super Dragon's just a guy with a black mask that has loads of scriggles on it.

All the Volador shouts are good ones. Likewise with the tuareg/pandilla, although Dr X 's designs were easily the standout from that group.

There's been a few more volador comic book inspired masks (and suits) that were awesome - venom, batman, green lantern etc. There was also his Volador/Super Parka combo, which I loved but can't find a pic of, as he only wore it in Monterrey. I'm a sucker for cool combo masks though - Los Laguneros, Fusion lagunera, Volador/Sombra when they were the Super Sky team. there's also been some cool Mistico/Ultimo Guerrero/Wagner combos too from a few years back.

There's far too many short lived/novelty/gimmick masks that have turned up in AAA and the lucha indies to mention, from monsters to cartoon characters to pandas, gremlins and giant chickens. But some of the more normal masks I love include;

Misterioso, in particular this one;

misterioso.jpg

Black Warrior. Simple & effective (in loads of different colours, the classic black & orange looked best)

ertttet.jpg

Sangre Azteca, when he was still in openers and didn't suck. Again, this came in loads of different colours with shoulderpads & the works. most will probably hate this one as it;s a bit garish and cluttered, but it looked good to me;

sangreaztecaposter.jpg

Damiancito 333. Unfortunately, I don't think he ever actually wore this in-ring. He should have.

primera01damian333.jpg

As mentioned, it doesn't get much better than the one and only LA Park. I was always partial to the different colour variations, despite making him look less like a skeleton. Like these:

parkangeldelfuturo.png

greenpark.jpg

And Rey Mysterio jr's is still one of the best basic designs ever.

I was a big fan of the mysterious masked superstar:

Sadly, he wasn't around for long, and his identity was never revealed, though it DID look a lot like Shawn's chin.

I guess the video of him taking his mask off on Smackdown did nothing to reveal his identity to you then.

For fucks sake

The comment was about his identity not being revealed not about Shawns chin.

Archived