Championship and Lower League Thread 2012/13

patiirc

Rovers fans have been trying to buy the club for a while under the BRFC Action Group guise, Venkys refused to sell to some rich Qatari's as they didn't want to admit defeat despite being offered a nice profit & opportunity to walk away before doing serious damage. They will never sell to the fans, people close to the Raos say they don't like to listen to the 'little people' e.g. fans. Conspiracy theorists around the club seem to think Kean owes some of the club haha! Enough far-fetched things have happened at Ewood for that to be true. Has to be more likely than the other excuse thrown around the Rovers MB of Ms Desai being close to Kean's wife to the point she refuses to sack him as they see them as family.

I just wish the national media would actually listen to the fans and not just give the 'poor ol' Kean' tripe they mostly do. Will be an interesting game against Leicester tomorrow, they have the fire power upfront to beat our slow, immobile defence.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Astonished that Palace didn't make a fist of signing James Vaughan again as he's gone to Huddersfield.

BTW, are there no online highlights for games on the BBC? It used to be 24-48 hours later and yet there are no highlights now for the midweek games.

• Paid Members

totl.jpg

It's going to be over in about 45 minutes, so I'm making the most of it :laugh::D

We had the entire first half to ourselves, pretty much, but as soon as Cardiff scored things got more nervous. Martin Woolford has been getting so much shit at this club but he now has three goals from two games (and two game-winning goals, at that) and is drawing the "he used to be shite, but now he's alright" chants. Sam Baldock did get a debut goal but almost got it inside 20 seconds of coming on from the bench. Only real sour point is Adomah; while he didn't look terrible he's getting a bit selfish on the ball, he's getting it a lot less frequently and his shooting leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe his best mate Bolassie's sale has taken something off him, maybe not.

A win against the redbirds is welcome, a 4-goal win's even better.

Side note: Dunno what the heck's up with the Beeb's last-10 feature, our last 10 league matches are D-W-W-D-D-W-D | L-W-W.

If I were a Leicester City fan I would be wondering how the hell Rovers won today! Leicester dominated from kick-off until full-time yet Rovers hit them with two goals against the run of play. Kean really needs to stop playing players out of position if we are to keep up winning in this division. Grateful for the 3 points but they were completely undeserved today.

Missed Kazim-Richards badly today, his pace scares defenders at this level. Just hope the deal for Jordan Rhodes can be pushed through and we can hang onto Olsson and Nzonzi, get them fit and mentally right and Rovers might have a chance in this division.

EDIT: WTF happened to Ipswich today? 6-0 away at Blackpool, are Blackpool really that good?

• Paid Members

Bollocks one of the few home games I can't make this season and not only do we find the net, we find it 5 times. CMS gets 2 for the first time since September last year and Wayne Bridge manages to score only the 4th league goal of his career. At this rate I'll have to miss more games.

If I were a Leicester City fan I would be wondering how the hell Rovers won today! Leicester dominated from kick-off until full-time yet Rovers hit them with two goals against the run of play. Kean really needs to stop playing players out of position if we are to keep up winning in this division. Grateful for the 3 points but they were completely undeserved today.

Missed Kazim-Richards badly today, his pace scares defenders at this level. Just hope the deal for Jordan Rhodes can be pushed through and we can hang onto Olsson and Nzonzi, get them fit and mentally right and Rovers might have a chance in this division.

EDIT: WTF happened to Ipswich today? 6-0 away at Blackpool, are Blackpool really that good?

Blackpool didn't really get out of 3rd gear today. It was outstanding stuff. They played better against Leeds on Tuesday though coming back from behind.

Could never understood why they stuck with him in the first place.

I thought it was summed up when in an interview he berated the owners for cutting corners, blissfully unaware that him getting the managers job was one of the biggest corner cutting exercises SISU had ever done.

After all those last day relegation escapes, I used to be amused by the decline of Coventry. Now it's just getting tragic.

If it were a dog, you'd have had it shot a long time ago. Considering we've gone through 11 managers since 2000, his 17 or so months makes him a veritable stalwart.

I just wish the national media would actually listen to the fans and not just give the 'poor ol' Kean' tripe they mostly do.

Bang on. Kean is an awful manager/human being and the national media seem to have a degree of sympathy for him for some unknown reason. The man drink-drives and lies continously. What a cunt. Despite the fortunate win yesterday, I am still praying that the buffoon is gone soon. I think that our squad is more than decent enough to have a good season and go up, but I think that the poor manager and the circus that surrounds the club will ruin us eventually this year. Let's just hope that we can continue to pick up the points and sign some defenders before the transfer window closes next week.

Archived