Championship and Lower League Thread 2012/13

patiirc

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:( Well... I wish we had kept SO'D. It makes me laugh our fans were talking of Di Matteo and were brought down to Earth with Mcleish. Ah well... he's here now so we have to give him a chance. I expect Heskey and Zigic to be brought in mind haha!

• Paid Members
Yeah. Not really impressed - sure he got Brum promoted, but how long did they stay there?

Sigh.

Won the Carling cup though.

Yeah, that's an odd one. Apart from that, he didn't exactly do too brilliantly with the Brum. Probably any manager could have got them back in the Prem with the squad they kept after going down. Even his Rangers stay was very average. I remember a load of awful players coming into Rangers at the time, but he still won some leagues. A lucky manager, I'd say. Even got the Scotland job after Walter Smith basically started it for him.

Always forgotten from his CV, but he got Hibernian relegated from the Scottish Prem didn't he?

• Paid Members

McLeish gets a shocking level of abuse from pundits and fans alike, but looking at the state of Birmingham the other night, it's pretty obvious they'd be better off with him still in charge.

Consider the absolute hidings Villa got in their last two games. Wouldn't have happened under McLeish.

Then look at the state of the Rangers franchise compared with his title winning heydey, when he was given very little money to spend.

Think about how much poorer the Scottish national side is now, as opposed to when he was in charge.

It's fair to say while his style of football may be worse than watching paint dry he get far too much unwarranted stick.

• Paid Members

From the Independent's piece on Blackburn:

With no one else lined up for the manager's role, British Indian Judan Ali – who has been involved in a Bollywood football movie and was assistant manager of a London Sunday league side three years ago – is expected to take over the running of the Championship team alongside the former Aston Villa assistant manager Kevin McDonald.

Fucking hell.EDIT: Never mind, been debunked elsewhere. Still funny though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

How on Earth can Michael Appleton be allowed to spaek to Blackburn about the managers job when he's been in charge of Blackpool for all of about five minutes? That's crazy.

I'm surprised he's left for another club who are financially unstable and run by a bunch of muppets so soon after getting out of the Pompey crisis. Blackpool aren't exactly trillionaires but they're a damn sight more stable than those two.

Yeah. Not really impressed - sure he got Brum promoted, but how long did they stay there?

Sigh.

Won the Carling cup though.

Yeah, that's an odd one. Apart from that, he didn't exactly do too brilliantly with the Brum. Probably any manager could have got them back in the Prem with the squad they kept after going down. Even his Rangers stay was very average. I remember a load of awful players coming into Rangers at the time, but he still won some leagues. A lucky manager, I'd say. Even got the Scotland job after Walter Smith basically started it for him.

Always forgotten from his CV, but he got Hibernian relegated from the Scottish Prem didn't he?

The reason he won the Carling Cup mostly is was he was concentrating on the league, he benched all of his actual talented players thats why Brum were relegated twice by him. During the cup games he had to give them fitness and they went on a run. The likes of Zigic, Hleb, Zarate etc never got a chance unless it was a cup game. The man hates flair players.

• Paid Members
McInnes has been canned. Will probably be the right thing for all, but in spite of all the pleading and begging by the management for us to give our support, after going 3-0 down to LeicesterChris Wood in the first half the zombies had had enough.

When Matthew Bates is the best CB you've got, sacking your manager should be the least of your worries

Bates isnt the best CB we have. He is awful.

In other news looks like Sean O Driscoll for boss. I would say I'm happy, but I'm not. We had a chance to do something different with the board coming up with a new plan and go abroad and get things changed so we could progress. Instead we have gone off the shortlist from when Del was appointed and probably chucked insane amounts of cash to SOD so that we can consolidate for L1 next season.

• Paid Members
When Matthew Bates is the best CB you've got, sacking your manager should be the least of your worries

Bates isnt the best CB we have. He is awful.

In other news looks like Sean O Driscoll for boss. I would say I'm happy, but I'm not. We had a chance to do something different with the board coming up with a new plan and go abroad and get things changed so we could progress. Instead we have gone off the shortlist from when Del was appointed and probably chucked insane amounts of cash to SOD so that we can consolidate for L1 next season.

Unless we ship out deadwood in the next three weeks Phil Scolari wouldn't keep us up. A wholesale change of team mentality is needed, we need to cut this "yeah, this boss is alright ... [narrow losses, middling performances, ass-kickings] he's a cunt, let's get him sacked" stable loop permanently.

• Paid Members
I would say I'm happy, but I'm not.

Of course you're not.

You wouldn't be happy if they brought in Sir Alex with Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho as his assistants, immediately signed Lionel Messi on a free transfer and offered free blowjobs from Michelle Keegan to every Bristol City fan who has ever found themselves stuck in their bath with no means of getting out.

Please, for the love of god, look at the positives. You have appointed a man with a proven track record in league football, who is known for working wonders with a shoestring budget and is well respected within the game and will be able to make some calls and get you a few decent names in. It's not like you appointed Avram Grant is it?

If you can't see any of that, at least you don't support Rovers.

Archived