Championship and Lower League Thread 2012/13

patiirc

Well the financial meltdown that saw one of the most promising young sides in English football turn into a Willie Mckay project.

A promising young side full of players that you bought from other clubs with money you didn't really have? Yeah that's a proper tragedy that it never worked out

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the financial meltdown that saw one of the most promising young sides in English football turn into a Willie Mckay project.

A promising young side full of players that you bought from other clubs with money you didn't really have? Yeah that's a proper tragedy that it never worked out

Robinson - Academy

Woodgate - Academy

Kewell - Academy

Smith - Academy

Martyn -

• Paid Members
Mills 4m, Duberry 4.5m, Jason Wilcox 3m, Batty 4.5m, Bridges 5m, Huckerby 4m, Matteo 5m...

The players in bold were bought with the money from selling Hasselbaink. It's not completely unrealistic for a UEFA Cup team to bring in

The best one about Leeds was the Seth Johnson deal. 7m and he wanting

about 20k and ended up with almost double.

I'm sure it's one if those Urban Myths but....

The version I heard had Johnson thinking because he was on 8k, he reckoned he could get 12k. Risdale said "Right, 32k. Johnson's jaw dropped and Risdale said, "I see you aren't happy, 38k is my final offer"

It's bollocks, no doubt but a very funny story.

@BarnetFC Dutch legend Edgar Davids has joined barnet fc and will become joint head coach.Bit of a coup that aint it?

Player/coach as well. It's the most random news in Barnet's history. I live 5 mins walk from Underhill, so I may actually start going down to matches now!

• 2 weeks later...

Last night it was a whisper, today it's confirmed. At the second time of asking, Bolton will talk to Dougie Freedman over their vacant manager's job. According to the leading Palace journalist Rich Cawley on Twitter:

Spoke to Steve Parish a little earlier. Said that Dougie Freedman "wanted to talk to them [bolton]" after compensation was agreed.

• Awards Moderator
Last night it was a whisper, today it's confirmed. At the second time of asking, Bolton will talk to Dougie Freedman over their vacant manager's job. According to the leading Palace journalist Rich Cawley on Twitter:

Spoke to Steve Parish a little earlier. Said that Dougie Freedman "wanted to talk to them [bolton]" after compensation was agreed.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Archived