The 100 Best Horror Films Of All Time

Devon Malcolm

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Theres so many films that should of been swapped in that list, things like :

The Brood, The Cars that Ate Paris if films like Pulse can get in there jesus, might aswell throw in Misery that should be in there IT Stephen King written some classics another great that kept getting replayed i can remember was Pet Sematary ?

And yeah the Willies was the old Campfire movie that was a classic in my day, films like that i cannot forget.

Oh yeah completely forgot about Pet Cemetery good call. Also Creepshow.

• Paid Members

IT is fucking shit and that shit spider ending is just stupid. Pet Cemetery is a so-so horror film but nothing special, same with Childs Play. Which version of Sweeney Todd are we talking about, The Tim Burton one? If so that doesn't belong anywhere near a best of list.

I've just realised Near Dark isn't on the list. WHAT THE FUCK

• Paid Members
Black Devil Doll from Hell.

Respect.

I've seen that and the remake which is simply titled Black Devil Doll, which is a much more tongue in cheek boobs and blood film.

Yeah, I won't be watching that remake, it looks horrible. Chester Turner always seemed like an oddball, though - I'd love to see Tales from the Quadead Zone, just for the title.

IT is fucking shit and that shit spider ending is just stupid. Pet Cemetery is a so-so horror film but nothing special, same with Childs Play. Which version of Sweeney Todd are we talking about, The Tim Burton one? If so that doesn't belong anywhere near a best of list.

Tod Slaughter version.

Just remembered another film, which me and a mate Stayed up to watch and it was well worth it was Dream Demon 1988 with a Cast of Timothy Spall and Jimmy Nail i loved it and it was quite gory if i can remember

• Paid Members
Oh I really like it but its just not as good as it should be.

Clarify what this means because I really don't know what it means. Candyman is absolutely stunning. Very, very different to most things that are still out there. It's one of the great modern horror films and definitely should be on the list.

Some other good calls for things that should be on the list, too - I'm a big Death Line fan and Creepshow is one of the great horror anthologies. But on that subject, I just noticed Dead Of Night is on there! It's going to be my next 'mither everyone on UKFF until they've watched it' project, I think. It's just great.

The killer doll idea of Child's play is hardly original, with one of the first times it was used being in a Twilight Zone episode. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Doll_%...wilight_Zone%29 It was also used in Puppetmaster and the various sequels as well as Black Devil Doll from Hell.

Woah now, Child's Play pre-dates Puppetmaster by a year.

Black Devil Doll From Hell is not something i've really encountered, though from what I know it's just a race film with limited impact. Wikipedia hilariously refers to it as a 'blaxploitation horror'.

I should clarify, that as with the earlier discussions i'm talking about American mainstream cinema as something that operates within its own sphere. Which it does. Chucky, to the masses, was a new and creative premise and for marketing execs, it had franchising and merchandising opportunities. It was fresh and new in terms of US cinema. Definitely deserves a place on the list.

• Paid Members

Tod Slaughter version.

Ahhhhhhh, then yes, I can see an argument for that

• Paid Members
Oh I really like it but its just not as good as it should be.

Clarify what this means because I really don't know what it means. Candyman is absolutely stunning. Very, very different to most things that are still out there. It's one of the great modern horror films and definitely should be on the list.

Oh no I'm not going there again. We don't need to fill the thread with another unpopular back and forth. It means what it means.

• Paid Members

I'm with Daz on Child's Play - people appear to be classing it as a shitty b-movie, and I wonder if the wanky sequels are causing that - much like the original Nightmare on Elm Street, they made a joke out of a terrifying movie and concept. The first Child's Play is SHIT SCARY.

• Paid Members
Oh no I'm not going there again. We don't need to fill the thread with another unpopular back and forth. It means what it means.

What are you on about? All I was asking for was clarification.

Archived