Your fav movie flop.

goldeneye86

• Paid Members

John Wayne's The Alamo is a pretty enjoyable movie despite being a huge flop and costing him millions, bit slow to start and goes abit long but I still enjoy it, especially on a lazy Saturday afternoon. People really shouldn't make films about it anymore, IIRC the Dennis Quaid and Billy Bob Thornton Alamo was a huge huge flop aswell.

• Paid Members
I really enjoy Waterworld every time it's on telly.

The Last Action Hero was one of my favourite films when I was younger and I believe that was not a great success..

Only saw this for the first time last year and thought it was fantastically done. Great idea and wonderfully executed. Don't understand all the flack it gets really, fun film with some great bits, I enjoy all Schwarzenegger's comedy, Twins, Kindergarten Cop and Jingle All the Way are great aswell. Love the crossover with action movie world and real Arnie aswell.

• Paid Members

Even though it made over double its budget, The Cable Guy was considered a flop when it came out. I really enjoyed it though, and was pleasantly surprised since the trailers and adverts for it only showed Jim Carrey being a trademark goof instead of the whack-job he turns out to be.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Loved that film growing up. Major league film flop

Hudson Hawk, brilliant action film. I have no idea why people didnt watch it, or why the critics shat on it and so on. I must speak with the dolphins 'Nee hee hee'

Then others like

Bringing Out The Dead

The Core

Titan A.E

Rock Star

Man on The Moon

And so on.

It would a appear I like flops..

• Paid Members

I love Last Action Hero. I had all the figures, because Everythings A Pound (which just opened up here) had them all in. We got the lot for a fiver or something. So I couldnt not like it. I imagine coming not to long after Terminator 2, this might have been an odd change of pace for Arnie, but I think it sums him up. He's not scared to take the piss out of himself and this film name checks all the clich

I can totally agree with Cable Guy and Man On The Moon.

Along with Trueman Show they are the Jim Carrey films I rate the most. For some reason I have always had a soft spot for Godzilla, maybe it is the killer soundtrack by Puff Daddy.

Jingle All The Way and Kindergarten Cop are guility pleasures as well if they count as flops.

Definitely agree with Last Action Hero. I always loved the movie growing up and it was only about 5 years ago that I came across the negative feelings towards it. I hadn't seen it in years so just assumed it was gonna be one of those movies that seemed great when you were a kid but really had nothing to it (The Mask being a great example of that) but I saw it on TV a couple of years ago and thought it was every bit as fun as I remembered. I really don't understand the negativity towards it.

• Paid Members
Really good article on Last Action Hero: http://www.empireonline.com/features/last-action-hero

You bastard. I was just about to post that. It's crazy all the hell that went into making that movie.

For me, it has to be Richard Kelly's follow up to Donnie Darko, Southland Tales. Bombed so badly after being booed at Cannes. I then went to see it in the cinema and thought it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but at the same time I was intrigued. I then thought "fuck it", and i rented it again, and done some more digging into what the hell the film was about. Now, I actually quite enjoy it, the soundtrack is superb and the Rock is superb in it.

I applaud what Richard Kelly was trying to do with it (but ultimately failed).

Archived