WWE re-signs former star? *RAW SPOILERS*

Dean Ayass

CHRIST ON A BIKE - IT'S ALBERT!!!!!!!

Yes indeed, one of the most underrated big men of recent years. The Japanese scene must be falling on its arse if he wants to come back.

From PWInsider.com:

WWE has signed former WWF Intercontinental champion Matt Bloom, who worked for the company during the Attitude era as A-Train and Albert, to a new deal to return to the company.

Since leaving WWF in 2004, Bloom has been working fulltime for New Japan Pro Wrestling, where he was one half of one of the best teams in the world with Karl Anderson.

Bloom is slated to return in April as a heel.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Its already been posted elsewhere, but who is going to begrudge Albert a thread of his own. He's shrank since the last time we seen him

k9ypzq.jpg

Also, A-Train's probably talking shite. Wrestling has taught me, never believe a wrestler if he says he hasnt resigned. He's not likely to be saying "see you at Mania, lads". Big Dave Meltzer, said he's in line for the BIG push. We could be seeing the Era Of A-Train.

I would love this to be true, he really seemed to come into his own in 2001 / 2002 IIRC, with all his seasoning abroad and his look being different to others he could really stand out in a company that doesnt have the depth of roster it had when he was about before

• Paid Members

Albert has been about the business for ages, he knows the score. Brodus Clay was in line for a big push (maybe even doing the role that Meltzer is on about), but he started spilling truth on twitter and Vince decided to fuck with him (luckily for him, his current gimmick is great - but is very much a midcard thing). Vince is still an old carny, he only wants stuff getting out that he wants out.

• Paid Members

I've said it before, if Billy Gunn and Road Dogg would be a great addition to the midcard ranks. They could do for the tag division what they did in 1997. Billy Gunn and Road Dogg wrestle exactly the same way as they did in the late 90s (whether thats a good thing, is up for debate) and people still remember them. And its not like they would be taking anyones spot. They havent taken the tag division seriously for a while. And, of course, X-Pac. You cant begrudge X-Pac getting another run.

Albert's been gone 8 years now. Thats a long time between runs. Its a bit out of the blue. Its encouraging that they are hiring people over 30 again, though. Gives me hope Bobby Roode might get that run eventually.

• Paid Members
Albert's been gone 8 years now. Thats a long time between runs. Its a bit out of the blue. Its encouraging that they are hiring people over 30 again, though.

Yeah, i thought that. If he has been hired i think what i mentioned could be a direction they're taking, realising that all the super-experienced guys are going to be gone post-Mania.

It also reassures me that MVP might come back in few years with a big push.

Archived