Should Evan Bourne turn heel?

Oliver

We saw what a heel turn did for Daniel Bryan. He had had a good run as a face (especially winning the US title off The Miz) but has excelled so much more since turning heel. He's managed to make 'YES YES YES!!!' a trademark and delivered several hilarious lines when flaunting his veganism and environmentalism.

R-Truth also got a short lived rise when he initially turned heel and snapped. After 2 years of his tedious cookie cutter rap entrance, the heel turn and character change brought new life to him. He hasn't reached the heights that Daniel Bryan did, but I think he's made a bigger connection with the audience since going crazy.

So I was wondering what a character change could do to Evan Bourne. He's a slick and maneuverable individual and has a fantastic shooting star press. But what grinds me the wrong way is that incessant gigantic smile he has! Its like he has no other facial expressions. I noticed that in his big PPV match against Jericho 2 years ago that half the crowd ended up siding with Jericho.

So, should Evan Bourne milk this gigantic smile he has and use it to piss people off? I don't think such a change would elevate him as much as it elevated Daniel Bryan, but I think that Evan Bourne would be better suited as a smug heel and do something of note in the mid card.

I couldn't care less about him and would be delighted if I never saw him again. I can't see the booking team even bothering with turning him heel, or him getting any kind of push in the near future, other than to the exit door.

X Division champ by September. He'll always be an afterthought in the E especially after his suspension. Stick him in a tag team or singles on superstars / experience.

In TNA they may use him better plus i think he would have better recieved matches agains the likes of Shelly, Aries, Ion even AJ

If the E release him he can only blame himself though for his drugs. He should look at whats happened to Kendrick for what happens to a talented cruiser that management seem to like yet cant control his habits

• Paid Members
Evan Bourne is a very talented wrestler but his style does not fit within the WWE mould.

Damn, you've only made 4 posts and all of them have been bollocks.

Evan Bourne is definitely on his way out, the whole locker room hates him and he's expendable.

• Paid Members

Bourne has adapted just fine and was great fun when he was on ECW. But he's a charisma vacuum on the mic, unlike Bryan who had a track record of being a great heel before WWE. I don't think he'll go after WM, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone by the end of the year.

I think a more relevant question would be Should Evan Bourne return AT ALL.

He's not worked out in WWE as anything more than a midcard JTTS, and he has been suspened twice by WWE wellness, I see him going in WWE's annual post WM spring clean

Archived