Smackdown Spoilers for March 2

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Shaq was supposed to be scheduled for this Monday, so if he's not on that, he's apparently not coming. But he's been saying in interviews as late as Saturday he is going to be at WrestleMania, so who knows? I hope he is. Shaq's class. He's always great when he shows up in wrestling.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Money in the Bank is official not happening. I bet the likes of Ryder, Miz, Alberto, Mark Henry and Ziggler are wofting the collars at the minute. Especially with Rey Mysterio saying he looks like he'll be back for Mania. I imagine they'll all be shoved in a big 5 on 5, but I doubt they'll get much time in the ring looking at the matches already lined up.

Its really unfair to Ziggler i think, if Reys back and they aren't having him wrestle Sin Cara there could be worse things than put Rey vs Dolph as an opener or 2nd match or something. But as you've said Ian I think Ryder, Del Rio and Mark Henry will be involved in Team Long vs Team Laurinitus (if that happens) but seriously what faces is Teddy Long gonna have in his team?

If they hadn't of had Swagger take the US Title from Zack Ryder for no reason, they could have had Dolph Ziggler just taking it back instead and defending against Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania as pointed out, but for the title. Still there's nothing stopping the match happening, I'd love to see it myself, just look back at that tremendous opener the pair had at Summerslam 2009.

Its really unfair to Ziggler i think

A lot of folk seem to saying this on here, and my response is why?

Sure he's great in the ring, but can anyone really remember anything of real note that Dolph has done in the past year to warrant a "Wrestlemania moment" ?

He's quite far down the pecking order at the moment IMO despite his obvious greatness in the ring, he needs to develop a personality and stop hanging around with losers like Vicki & Swagger.

think Ryder, Del Rio and Mark Henry will be involved in Team Long vs Team Laurinitus (if that happens) but seriously what faces is Teddy Long gonna have in his team?

I imagine the face team will be Rey, Kofi, R-Truth, Ryder & Santino

• Paid Members
Its really unfair to Ziggler i think

A lot of folk seem to saying this on here, and my response is why?

Sure he's great in the ring, but can anyone really remember anything of real note that Dolph has done in the past year to warrant a "Wrestlemania moment" ?

He's quite far down the pecking order at the moment IMO despite his obvious greatness in the ring, he needs to develop a personality and stop hanging around with losers like Vicki & Swagger.

think Ryder, Del Rio and Mark Henry will be involved in Team Long vs Team Laurinitus (if that happens) but seriously what faces is Teddy Long gonna have in his team?

I imagine the face team will be Rey, Kofi, R-Truth, Ryder & Santino

Well if you've noticed a lot of people saying it then thats one reason he deserves a spot at Wrestlemania because he obviously connected to some people.

Also he was in the last 2 PPV World title matches.

He can't just drop Vicky & Swagger he wont have much say in it.

Plus his fucking great.

I just watched it and really enjoyed the Kane beat down at the end, the reaction for the brawl was great I thought. I'm not into Bryan/Sheamus at all though, they really need to pick up their game with that buildup as it's been terrible so far. It feels like the match should be for the European Title or something.

Idea about the projected Team Long Vs Team Laurinaitis match- Drew McIntyre for Ace's team.

Makes sense as he has an issue with Teddy and would be a great way to raise his stock by having him score the winning pin for his team.

Easy enough to fit him in too- Ace promises him his job back should the team win. He gets the win and Ace champions him as his main man for a prolonged push. Job done. Failing that, he intereferes on behalf of the heels enabling them to win.

Course, whether the WWE actually wants to push Drew is another thing entirely, but I don't see where else they might be going with the McIntyre storyline.

Idiotic commentary when they were arguing about Vickie ruining Dolph's career, should never have been left in the broadcast.

Josh: "Since he was associated with Vickie Guerrero, he has lost the United States Championship."

Cole: "But he was also the World Champion at one time."

Josh: "But that was before he was associated with Vickie Guerrero."

Cole: "Perhaps."

Did anyone see the mad camera angle for the Justin Gabriel 450? Very unlike how WWE films their matches. Add to that, it looks like Gabriel hit the 450 from halfway across the ring. Looked awesome.

Looks mental:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akQXhHV4wlY...layer_embedded#!

They have done that quite a lot on NXT and Superstars but I think that was the first time on Smackdown.

Did anyone see the mad camera angle for the Justin Gabriel 450? Very unlike how WWE films their matches. Add to that, it looks like Gabriel hit the 450 from halfway across the ring. Looked awesome.

Looks mental:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akQXhHV4wlY...layer_embedded#!

Key line of commentary from this match to further my post from earlier: 'Big Johnny. John Laurinaitis, the man who discovered me.' It all fits...

Idea about the projected Team Long Vs Team Laurinaitis match- Drew McIntyre for Ace's team.

Makes sense as he has an issue with Teddy and would be a great way to raise his stock by having him score the winning pin for his team.

Easy enough to fit him in too- Ace promises him his job back should the team win. He gets the win and Ace champions him as his main man for a prolonged push. Job done. Failing that, he intereferes on behalf of the heels enabling them to win.

Course, whether the WWE actually wants to push Drew is another thing entirely, but I don't see where else they might be going with the McIntyre storyline.

I think this tag match has legs, as they could easily fill it with guys with a ligit reason for turfing out one gm or another. Clearly laurinaitis is winning, giving him a stable of strong heels to make CM Punks life a living hell post mania.

• Paid Members

There's nothing strong about Johnny Ace's lot. Ziggler, Del Rio, Christian, Otunga and Henry lose everytime you see them. I cant imagine this lot are going to be nowhere near the title picture post Mania. Jericho and Punk will be having a few more title matches and then you'll see Orton or Cena back in the title picture eventually.

This Johnny Ace stable seems like nothing other than to get a bunch of people a payday. I doubt they'll last after WrestleMania.

There's nothing strong about Johnny Ace's lot. Ziggler, Del Rio, Christian, Otunga and Henry lose everytime you see them. I cant imagine this lot are going to be nowhere near the title picture post Mania. Jericho and Punk will be having a few more title matches and then you'll see Orton or Cena back in the title picture eventually.

This Johnny Ace stable seems like nothing other than to get a bunch of people a payday. I doubt they'll last after WrestleMania.

Cobblers. With the exception of Otunga, they have all been actively involved in The wwe and world title picture this past year and been viable threats to the championships. They are in the upper tier on the heel side of the roster.

Archived